Photo

Azul Sensatori April 2015 Wedding Many Pics And Planning Tips!

Event Details Planning Tips Reception

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 linaco80

linaco80
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:53 AM

Hello dear brides :)

First of all I want to thank many brides who helped me and supported me on my planning: Murmel, Girlinthecity,Calgarybride (Kim), repax !!! I gotta say to all of you "thanks so much"

My name is Lina, our wedding was on April 10th, 2015 and I will do my very best to summarized our wedding planning and wedding day. It is really hard to shrink an entire year of ideas, planning and things in one post, but we will do my best :)

A bit about me and my husband: I am originally born in Colombia and he is American-Irish. We met in 2011 after each of us ended a long relationship, he was previously engaged and I was in a relationship that was long enough and going endless. We met at work in our corporate jobs and the best man in my life was there,...my best friend. My hubby and myself lived together since 2013

Engagement: It was a regular day for me March 1, 2014. We did not celebrate Valentine's day because we had bad snow. Tim left me a note to scratch all plans and invited me to a winery for dinner to celebrate our postpone valentines...I smelled something was going on but I did not want to think or expect anything. I had plans to run errands that Saturday and all was changed. When we got to the winery, he had all set in a booked suite with roses arrangements and champagne :)  Tim invited me to walk on the golf course and after a while told me he needed to tell me something! on his knees he proposed his love to me!! it was so emotional and I was so happy and the begging to the best day of my life!

Attached File  ring.jpg   131.01KB   20 downloads

Visited in May these resorts: Dreams Tulum, Dreams Puerto Aventuras, Playacar, Moon Palace, Azul Beach, Azul Sensatori, Generations Riviera Maya, Grand Porto Real (Playa del Carmen)

Most wanted: Dreams Tulum, Playacar and Sensatori. Which we selected: Azul Sensatori for the great reviews of Karisma chain and the location to go to Cancun and Playa. My first choice was Dreams Tulum but it was about 2 hours from the airport.

I wish I knew before we booked: More options to do a off resort wedding and still gather a group in a resort (I did not know my options)

Company used: Destination weddings...I recommend!

Miami planning feedback: No comment.

Now the planning started:

Wedding colors: Coral and aqua blue (aka Tiffany blue)

Save the date: We did the regular magnet

Attached File  save the date-linatk.png   266.79KB   21 downloads

stamps: 

Attached File  stamps.jpg   64.98KB   19 downloads

invitations: we did passports in English and Spanish and two designs. If  you want to see the inside please ask me and will show you :) it was lots of work because the template did not include anything for Sensatori and I had to search, proof read and translate for the Spanish passports.

Attached File  photo 2.JPG   103.77KB   20 downloads

Attached File  photo 4.JPG   83.94KB   20 downloads

Tip: manage your budget and invitations is a way to cut costs. Do not go too fancy!

Dress(es):

This was such a crazy time for me!! It brought me tears and loss of sleep at night. I live in NJ and visited many stores here and in NY. I was like too demanding or basically I did not like anything. I ended spending more than I wanted because I ended with 3 dresses, but I was a happy bride on my wedding day. I had one dress that I never worn, another that I used for our catholic ceremony and another one for Mexico.

PLUS 2 more dresses for the reception. I ended using only one ...yes crazy!! Note: I am selling my dresses (reception, wedding and bridal). you will see pics as I keep showing my planning.

Tip: DO not let the bridal store convince you on the dress you are not 100%, they need to sell and you need to be in love with your dress. If  you buy too early you will have second thoughts!!! I guarantee you thins one! A bridal store will tell you 8-6 months before the wedding...it is NOT true, I had stores contacting me 3 months and 2 months prior to the wedding.

Bridal Shower dress: His family had a shower for me because my sister lives in Mexico.

Attached File  bridalshower2.jpg   127.96KB   19 downloads

Ceremony: We had two ceremonies. One was the catholic here in NJ for our family only and the second in Mexico with families and friends.

Attached File  catholic1.jpg   83.12KB   19 downloads

Attached File  catholic2.jpg   625.99KB   21 downloads

Attached File  catholic3.jpg   611.36KB   20 downloads

Bridesmaids dress: I had 6 (2 were his sisters) each paid for their dress and I chose one affordable at David's 

Attached File  WP_20150304_024.jpg   85.73KB   22 downloads

Tip: Try to avoid drama by not choosing his family members in your wedding party (if you do not feel like you want...just dont do it)

Gifts for the bridesmaids: a Kimono robe (all blue and I was white), flip flops made by myself with the initial of their name on the button, a tank top with rhinestones made by myself "bridal entourage", a pair of barefoot sandals did not make myself, a set of jewelry to use on the wedding day and a necklace with each of their initials that said "I could not say I do without you"

Attached File  WP_20150304_007.jpg   56.27KB   23 downloads 

Attached File  WP_20150302_002.jpg   88.77KB   22 downloads

Attached File  WP_20150304_009.jpg   65.45KB   20 downloads

Attached File  WP_20150312_008.jpg   63.16KB   22 downloads

Attached File  WP_20150304_008.jpg   62.89KB   22 downloads

Attached File  WP_20150304_006.jpg   54.48KB   21 downloads

Flower Girl: some toys and the following to our niece.

Attached File  WP_20150304_022.jpg   95.64KB   20 downloads

Mother of the groom and bride: basically the same as the bridesmaids and the handkerchief (the pic below is not mine just the message is what I chose), to my mom it was in Spanish because she does not speak English

Attached File  mother of the groom.jpg   62.46KB   21 downloads

Father of the groom (my dad is deceased ): bottle of scotch (super expensive)

Groomsmen: each had a customize gift from beau-coup.com and some alcohol (we shipped to them before we departed)

Best Man: custom made sterling silver cuff-links with the shape of boxing gloves, because he loves boxing.

Maid of Honor: the dress (I paid for it) and the same as each bridesmaid.

more planning...

Photographer: Sarani weddings (not Sarani Studio) yes she is more expensive. We have not received our pics yet, but will do soon! and will update with my professional photos. booked Sarani in May 2014 and did not look much because we loved her work when we visited her. Sarani is such a sweetheart and very professional, I am so happy we booked her and even though we dont have photos yet, I know we will be happy!!

We also had video with Sarani. We paid the vendor fee and that included one vendor per day, not per person. Sarani came with 3 more people (shooter and assistant) all were 4. 

DJ: I booked in June 2014 DJ Doremixx with Ivan the main DJ and owner, I had paid deposits and basically planned all with Hugo and Ivan. Ivan was going to be my DJ, but in January 2015 I was advised by Karisma that I was not allowed to bring him or any other vendor because "policy" had changed. That was not true because I kept seeing Doremixx playing in 2015 at Karisma resorts, I never knew that the deal was but I was unable to bring Doremixx, I put tons of work and emails on that, even spoke with a Karisma director in Miami, I was not getting a "no" as an answer and basically lasted for a month. Ivan Gomez and Hugo Gomez (his brother) were communicating with me all the time and they were supportive. I had tears over a DJ because to me music is very important, I contacted many brides for help and it was so big to me. I am Latina and big into dancing salsa, merengue, etc..so I had all planned with Ivan about the type of music I wanted for the wedding day!!!

We even considered to move the reception and ceremony over to Arenika, which is a beach club near Sensatori which is within walking distance and gorgeous, I contacted Weddings on the beach and Natalia was amazingly helpful!! unfortunaltely this brought lots of confusion to me and when we decided to move the wedding out of Sensatori we called Arenika and the place was booked. It was just no meant to be.

We ended with the vendor at Sensatori, we got the DJ with MC and his name was Fernando. It was "all right", people had a good time, but I would have expected better, I know that you might think I was pre-set in my mind about the DJ and honesly I was not, that DJ is just ok! their equipment is SO OLD!!! but still I think of my wedding day as a magical day so I do not regret!

Learned experience:  you wont always win while planning, things wont be perfect but be happy and compromise!

TTD: Yes, we hired Studio by the Ferry!

Attached File  638.JPG   263.07KB   21 downloads

Makeup and hair: I hired Michael and Martina from Beso Brides. No, they did not come inside the resort. After the headache of the DJ I did not want another. I booked a room in Puerto Morelos for $80 per night after taxes. I met with them there and it was the best I did, no regrets and I was okay leaving the resort, every bride is different and that was not a big thing to me. I wanted airbrush and at the resort I was not sure with their expertise. Martina and Michael prices were much more reasonable, I was on time back at the resort with my 3 bridesmaids and mothers.

Attached File  544.JPG   104.94KB   20 downloads

Attached File  549.JPG   82.34KB   21 downloads

Attached File  558.JPG   66.34KB   20 downloads

Bouquet flowers and button: 

Attached File  WP_20150402_001.jpg   67.51KB   19 downloads

Flowers for my bouquet: I knew I could not do touch or fake flowers and because I love expensive good looking things, I compromised with cheap flowers and I do not regret.

I realized that nowadays ANY wedding gets so expensive, Karisma weddings are NOT cheap and all adds up quickly.

BIGGEST CHALLENGE OF MY PLANNING: come up with welcome bags and reception decor!!!

Welcome bags:

I started reading and reading and making orders and money started being spent!! After 3 orders I realized I did not have a theme :( and all was all over the place with colors and designs. I wanted to read more and found several templates BUT each of them were for that specific bride. I needed to do something only for me that would call my name and his name all the time. I am good with designs and my brother also, so we sat down and decided that we would create an entire wedding theme with our colors and one exclusive design. Maybe the idea of the items were all over in every page and board I read, but the designs were only mine and I did my only designs. for my decor I wanted something more "beach relaxed", colorful and bright,  I knew I did not want silvers or golds. 

Tip: decide what type of decor defines your personality and location. Do not start spending without a clear idea of what you want because it will go to waste!!

My brother and I created and designed the entire logo, theme and all for our wedding decor and stationary. We printed, cut and finished all ourselves. It was lots of stress and work BUT it was worth the effort. Our designs came out really nice!!!

I would LOVE to do this for another bride who wants to have a unique theme and logo like I did. I do not have templates, we used a design software for this.

Attached File  490.JPG   116.74KB   18 downloads

Attached File  492.JPG   112.13KB   17 downloads

Attached File  137.JPG   159.11KB   17 downloads

Attached File  WP_20150305_001.jpg   85.28KB   18 downloads

Attached File  500.JPG   88.19KB   18 downloads

Attached File  WP_20150305_002.jpg   70.49KB   18 downloads

Attached File  WP_20150305_003.jpg   75.56KB   19 downloads

Attached File  021.JPG   77.37KB   18 downloads

Attached File  keytips.jpg   101.29KB   18 downloads

Attached File  bag1.jpg   97.68KB   18 downloads

Attached File  cardeck.jpg   120.6KB   18 downloads

Attached File  sanitizer.jpg   88.77KB   20 downloads

In Mexico:

The Azul Sensatori wedding department is absolutely amazing with their work!!! They do this top notch and they are SO PROFESSIONAL!!! they amazed me and everyone!

Welcome dinner:

We did it at Spoons the night before the wedding, the dinner for the group is inside the restaurant, but made it very private where everyone knows this, they give you wedding menus and decorate nicely, no need of stress here. We had some Mexican souvenirs for the tables which  ended working perfectly, because they had Mexican night as the theme night LOL.

Attached File  703.JPG   113.55KB   21 downloads

Attached File  504.JPG   103.13KB   17 downloads

The bride is ready to walk down the isle:

Attached File  746.JPG   135.51KB   19 downloads

Attached File  566.JPG   80.87KB   18 downloads

Attached File  567.JPG   83.09KB   20 downloads

Ceremony: I selected Memorable moments, Vitange collection but had to go white because they had blue or orange that did not match my decor. I requested to have roses dyed with aqua blue and coral roses

Attached File  678.JPG   187.63KB   19 downloads

Attached File  682.JPG   186.51KB   18 downloads

Wedding party: Over the rainbow was the song and the seating song while guests waited was "three little birds"

Attached File  651.JPG   127.18KB   18 downloads

Attached File  735.JPG   140.43KB   18 downloads

Here comes the bride and ceremony: I walked with "I choose you" by Sara 

Attached File  729.JPG   117.91KB   19 downloads

Attached File  661.JPG   96.16KB   22 downloads

Attached File  661.JPG   96.16KB   22 downloads

Attached File  737.JPG   108.14KB   19 downloads

Each chair had a fan and a bubbles (we also customized this)

Attached File  422.JPG   97.74KB   18 downloads

Attached File  bubbles1.jpg   40.95KB   18 downloads

then pronounced: Mrs and Ms.

Attached File  584.JPG   126.06KB   19 downloads

Attached File  588.JPG   126.13KB   18 downloads

Attached File  645.JPG   203.15KB   18 downloads

MORE TO COME SOON!!! COCKTAIL HOUR, RECEPTION AND CATAMARAN (I will post now because I don't want to lose all the work I did for hours)

I have tons of pics to share for ideas!!

Attached Files

• Attached File  730.JPG   120.95KB   17 downloads
    • Attached File  019.JPG   134.97KB   0 downloads
    • Attached File  592.JPG   134.92KB   0 downloads
    • Attached File  478.JPG   162.99KB   0 downloads
    • Attached File  582.JPG   150.43KB   0 downloads
    • Attached File  736.JPG   108.94KB   0 downloads

Edited by linaco80, 09 May 2015 - 11:03 AM.

Check my planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...-planning-tips/
    event.png
    [/url]

#2 linaco80

linaco80
    • 264 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:52 AM

Reception: Location Plaza Zavas 

I brought pictures and drawings of all my inspiration decor with exact indications of how I wanted things, Janet (from Lomas) and Berenice (Azul) worked with me. They are amazing! Mauricio and Laura are the assistants and they ALL do an amazing job! PLEASE trust them and relax while you are there, they will make  your wedding day a magical one!

Welcome table: I requested to get all flowers from the ceremony into the reception and used each bridesmaid bouquet as my center piece. Also has 6 small flowers (hanging on the hooks by the isle) and requested to bring those from the ceremony. I brought some small glass vases with me and requested to get them switched into clear glass for the reception (the ceremony were silver)

Attached File  IMG_1102.JPG   104.4KB   21 downloads

Attached File  599.JPG   104.4KB   21 downloads

Attached File  684.JPG   160.29KB   21 downloads

Attached File  unnamed (1).jpg   42.9KB   21 downloads

Attached File  unnamed (2).jpg   28.22KB   20 downloads

Attached File  unnamed (3).jpg   42.6KB   21 downloads

I needed to make all match. I made this rings and purchased the napkins which I took with me.

Attached File  007.JPG   127.49KB   22 downloads

Ceremony/Reception (I used it double)

Attached File  020.JPG   129.16KB   22 downloads

Guest Book: I know I mentioned I am Colombian so I decided to order a map of Colombia with my name on it, a map of NJ and a map of Mexico. Each guest would sign on the blue heart simulating water, since we got married in the ocean.

Attached File  027.JPG   90.42KB   23 downloads

Table decor

This that I envisioned, I made the ring napkins and also the runners for each table, I did several samples at home with many items (this alone was expensive) I made the tags for the maracas, created the menus, the seating cards with table numbers and made stickers for each of the cameras at each table.

Attached File  291.JPG   98.15KB   23 downloads

What they did and I created menus and seating cards, maracas for each guest.

Attached File  757.JPG   63.68KB   25 downloads

Attached File  759.JPG   116.15KB   23 downloads

Attached File  755.JPG   77.97KB   23 downloads

Attached File  756.JPG   118.22KB   22 downloads

Attached File  unnamed.jpg   20.06KB   21 downloads

Attached File  WP_20150318_007.jpg   79.08KB   21 downloads

Attached File  596.JPG   112.9KB   22 downloads

Attached File  600.JPG   130.43KB   23 downloads

seating tables and cards:

Attached File  table names and table number.JPG   94.91KB   22 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1103.JPG   130.43KB   21 downloads

for our sweetheart table

Attached File  photo (56).jpg   94.47KB   22 downloads

Attached File  609.JPG   68.55KB   22 downloads

Attached File  686.JPG   107.15KB   22 downloads

Attached File  unnamed (5).jpg   35.25KB   20 downloads

Decorated with luminary bags and led candles around the pool: This is such a great and economical idea!!!

I got paper bags and purchased leds for the paper bags, they put some weigh with sand inside each bag and it looked so pretty!!!

https://www.etsy.com...tion/1005336094

Gazebo:

I got 31 lanterns and brought the fishing line. The resort offers you to do it for you at a "set up fee" or your friends can do it for you. I paid in cash for their set up. (this cannot be charged to the room)

Attached File  683.JPG   180.14KB   22 downloads

Attached File  758.JPG   114.72KB   22 downloads

Attached File  unnamed (4).jpg   26.15KB   21 downloads

Attached File  unnamed (6).jpg   23.01KB   21 downloads

Cake table:

Attached File  767.JPG   88.61KB   22 downloads

Attached File  766.JPG   103.51KB   22 downloads

Attached File  20150410_214406.jpg   70.13KB   22 downloads

original cake topper I decorated and did not use

Attached File  cake topper.jpg   86.08KB   22 downloads

Reception dress:

Attached File  reception dress.jpg   20.92KB   21 downloads

All I have to say is that let them do the work, try your best to relax. They know what they are doing and they do an outstanding job. Every single person working at this resort is a happy person willing to make you happy!!! The best experience ever was my wedding day, it has been a month and I feel it was yesterday, I wake up thinking how magical this day was and how much I love every single detail at Azul Sensatori!!!

It has been a month (tomorrow) and I cannot be any happy with out wedding, all of the hiccups were ok to experience, because the actual wedding week was simply amazing!!!

Today a Happy wife and to make a happy life :) Please do not hesitate to ask me for any questions or help!!! from my heart I will :)

Attached File  715.JPG   87.21KB   23 downloads

Attached Files

Edited by linaco80, 09 May 2015 - 12:21 PM.

event.png
      [/url]

#3 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
      • 4,506 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:55 AM

Lina
      I am speechless. Absolutely speechless. You and I have talked in email for many many months and I am just overjoyed for you how beautiful your wedding turned out. Stunning!!!

Your rings is gorgeous :)

Everything was done so well and was beautiful. You outdid yourself girl.

Your wedding ceremony dress. Was this the one made in china? I know you were worried about the illusion back. It was beautiful and you looked gorgeous.

I can't wait for your professional pictures. :)

Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 10 May 2015 - 06:56 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#4 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
      • 670 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
      • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:07 AM

@linaco80 - Congratulations on your marriage! Your wedding looks beautiful and I love all the details. Good work!  :D I'm looking forward to hearing more about your catamaran trip as we are wanting to plan one for our wedding next April. 

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#5 Janjin

Janjin
      • 94 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya, Mexico
      • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

@linaco80 - Great pics!!  Beautiful wedding - love all of your details! Congrats!!

Daisy

Can't wait to marry my best friend   :).

Planning Thread: http://www.bestdesti...tori/?p=1902797

#6 atyson03

atyson03
      • Site Supporter
      • 68 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 26, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya, Azul Sensatori, Mexico

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:28 AM

@linaco80

Thank you so much for posting this!!!! You look gorgeous and everything looks amazing!!!

I just have one question, for your reception did they have those string lights wrapped around the gazebo or did you bring those? I have seen lots of pics with wrapped like that and I love it! Just didnt know if i needed to bring them myself or not :)

#7 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:06 PM

@linaco80  I'm going to second what @calgarybride2015 said. Your review is unbelievable and your wedding just stunning! Your were an absolutely gorgeous bride! All the work you did preparing everything - it turned out absolutely amazing! Your flowers are beautiful! Your dresses are absolutely gorgeous! I'm like Kim - speechless!

I have a couple of questions:

Where did you get the shell cake topper? It's adorable!!

Where did you get the turquoise and coral lanterns to string up?

Would you share how you made the napkin rings? They're so pretty!!

Thank you for an amazing review! I know new brides that come here for planning ideas will appreciate everything you've done!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#8 BreeShort

BreeShort
      • 20 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 26, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
      • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:01 AM

WOW! amazing. Looks like you put in tons of great work and it all paid off. I am also having the most difficulty planning the decor and welcome/bridal party giftbags.  I'm wondering...

Where did you order your robes from?

Where did you order your tumblers from?

and I think someone else already asked but were the lights already in the gazebo for your reception or did you bring those?

Thanks! and great job!

#9 linaco80

linaco80
      • 264 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:23 AM

@calgarybride2015 you are so sweet!! Thank YOU so much for all the support and communication while I was planning :)

No that is not the dress, LOL I had nightmare with ALL my dresses, I never used that dress I sent you in emails.

I ended getting another dress because I was not happy, remember?

)

@linaco80 - Congratulations on your marriage! Your wedding looks beautiful and I love all the details. Good work!  :D I'm looking forward to hearing more about your catamaran trip as we are wanting to plan one for our wedding next April. 

Thank you very much!!! The catamaran was amazing! we were hesitating because we thought that we were going to tied people's schedules the day after the wedding. It was the best we did, we went with a package that has some complimentary stuff for our group. We booked for 40 and 30 decided to go. We had alcohol and snacks (no food) paid on board. We used Maroma Adventure from Lomas which is how the package was structured. It was 3 hours and a half on the ocean, they play music or  you can hook your own Ipod. We departed and after 15 minutes the snorkel started for 45 minutes, then cruised on the water for another 30 minutes and another snorkel for 45 minutes (snorkel is always optional), towards the end they had a parasail connected to the catamaran and all of us hop on it and did the fly...it was amazing!! What information would you like to know? so I will update you more and have pics :)

@linaco80

Thank you so much for posting this!!!! You look gorgeous and everything looks amazing!!!

I just have one question, for your reception did they have those string lights wrapped around the gazebo or did you bring those? I have seen lots of pics with wrapped like that and I love it! Just didnt know if i needed to bring them myself or not :)

I brought my own lights, they will charge  you $50 per strand per pole. You really can get them here in the US or Canada for $8-$15, it will depend on the type of light and cord. I got them with brown wire because the poles are brown. 

Also I brought bulbs (strands) that hung from each pole to the trees.

@Janjin Thank you :)

@linaco80  I'm going to second what @calgarybride2015 said. Your review is unbelievable and your wedding just stunning! Your were an absolutely gorgeous bride! All the work you did preparing everything - it turned out absolutely amazing! Your flowers are beautiful! Your dresses are absolutely gorgeous! I'm like Kim - speechless!

I have a couple of questions:

Where did you get the shell cake topper? It's adorable!!

Where did you get the turquoise and coral lanterns to string up?

Would you share how you made the napkin rings? They're so pretty!!

Thank you for an amazing review! I know new brides that come here for planning ideas will appreciate everything you've done!

Thank you very much!!

I got the cake topper locally in a store here and decorated it (cut and glued) some sticker I had. Where do you live? I never used it and it is in the box.

I got the aqua blue lanterns from http://www.paperlanternstore.com/and the coral from Oriental Trading.

Also I brought my own fishing line so they would hang them.

The rings were tons of work, wired burlap ribbon. it has to be the correct ribbon. I measured, cut, glued and the shells are real too. I still have them with me.

I hope brides find this helpful, I wish I had labeled the post differently so they get ideas for their wedding and not only at AS.

WOW! amazing. Looks like you put in tons of great work and it all paid off. I am also having the most difficulty planning the decor and welcome/bridal party giftbags.  I'm wondering...

Where did you order your robes from?

Where did you order your tumblers from?

and I think someone else already asked but were the lights already in the gazebo for your reception or did you bring those?

Thanks! and great job!

Thank you very much!!

Robes from ebay to $12 a piece LOL because I got a LOT of 12 otherwise you will pay $20 - 25 each

Tumblers from the local dollartree store, so they are $1 US each and no more, I ended ordering some online because I needed the clear and blue, but the cases of 24 come in all colors if you order online.

I brought those lights, Lomas the authorize vendor will charge $50 per strand per pole. Get the brown cord too because the poles are brown :)

Edited by linaco80, 12 May 2015 - 03:01 AM.

event.png
        [/url]

#10 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
        • 4,506 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
        • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:21 AM

I knew you weren't happy with it but last we talked about it you weren't sure what you were going to do!!! It was beautiful the one you wore :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Event Details, Planning Tips, Reception

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users