Newbie So Lost!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mzcanizales

• 6 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2017
  • Wedding Location:Secret Akumal Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:23 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Edwina and this is my first time posting in the forums.  I was just curious on how everyone picked their resort? I'm on informatin overload and feel so overwhelmed.  Any information would be helpful! TYIA

Happy Wedding Planning!

#2 TA Wendy

TA Wendy

• Insiders
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:35 PM

Hi Edwina, and Welcome!

You are right that there are so many choices out there that it can be a challenge to select your perfect resort.

But there are some questions you can ask yourself that will help you on zeroing in!

What are your biggest must haves?

Do you want to be married in a Gazebo, on a Terrace, rooftop, chapel or with toes in the sand?

Will there be children attending or adults only?

What sort of budget are you considering for you and your guests on a nightly basis?

Do you want to be in a more urban setting with lots to see and do around you or prefer to be in a secluded area away from the crowds?

What is important to you in the resort? Do you have foodies in the group that would appreciate a really gourmet experience? Want to be sure that there is a nightclub on site, or kids club, or???

What about your own room.. are you dreaming of a rooftop private plunge pool, or not as concerned with view and looking for bargains?

Do you think you would like to do your wedding as a symbolic or legal one?

With those questions asked and answered you may find that you are much closer to zeroing in on the perfect resort.

Hope that helps a little bit!

For more in guidance be sure to fill out the Contact Me form for Wright Travel and one of our agents will be glad to help!

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
    Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#3 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

Welcome to BDW.  Wendy is right, is you talk to a good travel agent, we can help narrow down some choices for you depending on what your needs are, budget, vision, etc.

The link to contact us is in our signature :)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 Victoriabride

• 58 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 18, 2015
    • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:04 PM

Hello! you have come to the right place!! I was very overwhelmed with choosing a resort as well. We knew we wanted to go to Mexico from the moment we got engaged. We looked at trip advisor and spoke with a few different travel agents. I made a list of what was really important to us and narrowed it down from there. We had a budget of 1500$ per person and wanted to go to the Caribbean side of Mexico in January. We quickly realized this wasn't possible with our budget. That left us with either Cabo or PV. We ended up choosing Los Cabos because it is so beautiful and we have both been to PV so wanted to pick somewhere new. We also chose a resort that had great wedding reviews, reputation, and where kids stay free as I have a lot of friends/family bringing there kids.

Try narrowing down the time of year and location first and make a list of what you want in a resort. Then read some reviews on this site and connect with a TA. I know how you are feeling cuz I was there not too long ago! I spent 3 months going back and forth and contacted multiple tour operators and TA's for information and quotes. I feel like picking the resort is the toughest part.I hope this helps you out...Good luck and happy planning! :)

#5 acw271011

• Moderators
    • 3,123 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

@mzcanizales  I guarantee you won't find any better recommendations and information than what you were just given! lol

This site is great. You've definitely come to the right place. The ladies here are awesome too. I would absolutely go with what @TA Wendy @TammyWright and @Victoriabride provided to you. Then take a breath and enjoy your planning!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#6 TinkerSofi

• 2,217 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
    • LocationCanada

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:34 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Edwina and this is my first time posting in the forums.  I was just curious on how everyone picked their resort? I'm on informatin overload and feel so overwhelmed.  Any information would be helpful! TYIA

Happy Wedding Planning!

this is honestly the most difficult part! I would start by narrowing it down to a destination and then go through the forums of different hotels to get a rough idea of what out there. Then create a wish list of the things you want and things you don't want in your resort and get in contact with a TA. The TA will be able to steer you into the right direction taking into account your budget and your wants :)

Today I was doing research on some other hotels around the area of the one we booked and I couldn't help but to start thinking, oh this would have been a good one, etc. You will literally go insane without any help from a good TA :). Good luck and happy planning! 

#7 pjay

• 1,791 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
    • LocationToronto

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:39 AM

I agree with what the other ladies on here have said. You just need to pinpoint the location that's right for you and once you have I would advise that you find a good travel agent who can help you find a resort based on your needs.

My planning thread :

#8 LasCaletas

• Insiders
    • 112 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:01 AM

Hi @mzcanizales
      Congratulations on your engagement!!

Welcome to the best destination wedding site, here you will find lots of information regarding wedding venue locations, details, and great advice for your planning.

If, as mentioned by @TA Wendy you are intersted in a secluted and outdoors enviroment to celebrate your wedding you can visit our website www.adventureweddingsvallarta.com and check out our wedding packages, we have a beautiful private beach called Las Caletas in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, where we make the magic happen with an amazing view and an awesome setting for your ceremony. This is not a resort but a wedding venue that we are sure will provide a one of a kind wedding experience.

If you want to contact us we have a toll free number 1.866.731.8152 or you can e-mail us to info@adventureweddingsvallarta.com

Best regards!
      private beach ceremony
      fire dancers

#9 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,072 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:37 PM

Welcome to our forum community, Edwina and Congrats on your upcoming destination wedding!!!

Which country are you thinking about for your destination? Our magnificent Mayan Riviera is the choice numerous couples make for the beautiful reasons you can see here:

....with more at this link: Cover Photos

Wishing you happy research and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users