Dreams Los Cabos - Room Perks

dandi76

Hi Ladies,

My fiance and I are 95% sure we want to book our DW at Dreams Los Cabos next spring. Ive been communicating with a wedding coordinator for weeks and after reading what feels like HUNDREDS of posts, Im still confused. LOL! Someone please help....

I have a few issues:

1) I want my guests to get the best rate possible and even have the option to make monthly payments. From what Ive read so far, it seems that I would have to do a room block with the resort and my guests would have to reserve (and I assume pay) for their rooms DIRECTLY with the resort.  OR I'd have to get a travel agent, and possibly pay more for the travel package (air + room). 

2) What are the perks of using a travel agent? Are their rates comparible to Expedia or Priceline?   Is this the only way I can get the "free room" perks?

3) What questions should I be asking the wedding coordinator . Im worried about hidden costs or things I havent forseen.

4) Has anyone used the resort approved photographer? My wedding photos are probably at the top of the list of things that are most important to me. I dont want to pay the $200 fee for bringing in a new photographer and at thousands to my budget. But having goregous pictures are vital.

Ok. I'll stop rambling! Any info you can provide would be a HUGE help to me! It truly takes a village 8)

Hi there, Dreams Los Cabos is a great choice and it would be a pleasure to give you some onsite in how you can work with an agent and still get great rates! We at Eright travel actually have a great Bride and Groom fly free promo going right now as well as some specials with Dreams. 

TA Wendy

Investigate who the photographer is, check portfolio, don't forget the photographer background, many of those photographers were doing other jobs than photography. If I were you, knowing photography is the most important part of your wedding, because you said so, I wouldn't mind to spend the cost of another real photographer that handles pictures from beginning to end, an artist not a picture maker

• Like 1

Welcome to our forum community, dandi76, and Congrats on your upcoming destination wedding!!! 

We've had so many wedding couples asking similar questions, we've complied a webpage to respond. Here's the link: MTM FAQ webpage

We strongly recommend to our wedding couples that if photography is important to them, they'll be much happier with the results they'll get with a professional vs the resort photographer! 

You can see a comparison between the two options at this link to an album comparing what a professional photo looks like vs the resort guy wearing the "photographer" t-shirt.....Professional Photographer vs Resort Photographer

...here are a few samples:

10419423_10152644933519487_4941010814263

10629453_10152644934124487_6698313335295

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10426613_10152644934629487_1756778707611

10372947_10152644935184487_5853362579669

You invest so much time + energy planning your Dream-perfect Wedding Day, and then in a few short hours, the party is over, the guests have left, and all that's remaining are your memories and the photo-record of your Big Day.

Choose the photography style that resonates with you and touches your heart.

It has the power to bring you right back -  and re-live those magical moments that matter!!!

Whom would you entrust with this responsibility, and which option would you choose for your Wedding Day Love Story Album?

Our wedding couples who've chosen the professional option rave about how happy they are with their choice, and the others frequently express real disappointment in what they were left with from the resort photographer.  

Your Wedding Celebration is a once-in-a-lifetime event - not a situation where there's a "do-over" possibility.

Choices ultimately come down to what it's worth to the individual couple, and what works best for them.

We've recently expanded our pricing structure to offer more options for a wide range of budgets - and even some breaks on outside vendor fees some resorts charge.

If photography is important to you, Invest in a professional photography Artist - you'll be so very happy you did!!!

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

1524465_10153058061684487_27620752077217

10960450_10153058067019487_9069108819717

10955789_10153058069679487_5709901704532

Edited by Moments That Matter

Hi,

I am a past Dreams Los Cabos bride and there are great perks that are exclusive to us and through a group block that you cannot get via expedia. We are a top agency with AMR Resorts.

Some of them are:

• free room for every 5 rooms booked (6th free)
  • free air
  • upgrades
  • massage certificates

You can contact us through my signature :)

• Like 1

@@TammyWright thanks Tammy. Ive been emailing Teresa with my TA questions. Im still concerned with making things affordable and easy for my guests. But from reading some posts today I see the other side of it. Not just perks for me and my fiance, but guaranteeing rooms are available and not sold out and that they get the group discount. I really appreciate the brides on here and all of your help.

The guaranteed rooms is the most important thing IMHO.  I have heard so many horror stories of the resort selling out and half the wedding half to stay elsewhere which added so much more $$ in day pass fee and also really dilutes the experience you are trying to create for your guest.

• Like 1