41 replies to this topic

#11 jenna85

jenna85
  • 30 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:18 AM

@desmiv Congratulations!!! I honestly dont know how the previous destination brides did it without all these forums back in the day.. everybody has been so helpful and definitely gives me a peace of mind at times but seeing and hearing other stuff could also get overwhelming... hahaha!!

As far as my room block, I blocked 15 rooms to begin with and paid for that 15 rooms in deposit. Increasing the room block is pretty much taken care of with everybody booking. This all depends on your travel agent how they do things. :)

#12 racht33

racht33
  • 234 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 27, 2016
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:52 AM

Congratulations to everyone!!  Fingers crossed waiting for my confirmation for Aug. 2016 wedding!! Im going this sept. for my friends wedding and going to be a bridesmaid . so I will get the full "wedding at dreams experience" I cant wait to start the planning and sharing all out tips and tricks with each other!! :)!!

Have you all decided where you wish to hold your ceremonies already ?

57 Guest

#13 badgerbride

badgerbride
  • 13 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 28, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Playa del Carmen, MN
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:06 PM

Hi all! I am also considering the DRC for my wedding! I haven't had much luck receiving group rates though. Did anyone get this info? Struggling to find a good rate for my guests.

#14 smileitseb

smileitseb
  • 310 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 3, 2015
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:31 AM

@badgerbride are you working with a travel agent? My TA, Teresa Stauring with Vacations for Less, works with Dreams a lot and secured a great rate and room block for us. 

58 guests plus bride and groom
Ceremony: Gazebo
Reception: Pool Deck

#15 racht33

racht33
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:37 AM

Have any of you ladies decided to go with a package or deciding to do things a la carte? I believe i will use everything to the ultimate package but im not sure if it works out cheaper to do things separate.  Im pretty shocked that none of the packages offer music for the ceremony..that is so strange. Anyone have plans to rent the stereo for the time or maybe bring their own in?

57 Guest

#16 badgerbride

badgerbride
  • 13 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 28, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Playa del Carmen, MN
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:33 AM

@smileitseb i finally heard back from them. thank you!

#17 racht33

racht33
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:50 AM

Hey ladies!! Does anyone know when the promo for the free 2 hour cocktail is up until ? Still waiting on David to Confirm my date.

57 Guest

#18 bodabaib

bodabaib
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:49 PM

@racht33 I am booked for Ultimate Package but after playing with the budget sheet I think I am going to downgrade to the comp. one! I am bringing in outside photographer and makeup. The difference is nearly $2K more for the Ultimate package right now! 

#19 racht33

racht33
    • 234 posts
    • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

@bodabaib I continue to read about that budget planner but haven't received it from David yet. Would you able to share it ? Im thinking of going with the ultimate package myself. I may end up doing things a la carte if it takes down the price. With the package not even including music for the ceremony I can already see how little things will add up.

57 Guest

#20 bodabaib

bodabaib
    • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:02 AM

@racht33 hmm, I cant seem to (quickly) figure out how to add media/attachments to this! If you know feel free to tell me. If not, send me your email address. You should've gotten a budget planner! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users