Dreams Riviera Cancun 2016!

Hi everyone, 

I didn't see a thread for us 2016 brides at Dreams Riviera Cancun so I thought I would start one! The first half of the year is booked pretty solid so I know there are more of us out there! I am waiting on confirmation for February 27, 2016 with ceremony/cocktail/reception on the beach. And I'm doing my site visit in two weeks. I will definitely be back to post my impressions. I've only ever stayed at Secrets resorts (and loved them), so I'm hoping Dreams is just the family counterpart to Secrets. 

Looking forward to connecting with other 2016 DRC brides!

-Yune

• Like 1

Congratulations @@yuniedo and @@BeachBride2016!!! I am booked for January 23, 2016. I did a site visit last February to get some piece of mind with my fiancé. Overall impression, its a great resort and definitely the service was amazing. We didn't do any wedding food tasting but we did a tour of the resort and we went over wedding catalogs. It's a bit overwhelming because there's quite more to it than we thought it would. It seems like there's a charge on every single thing but I guess that's wedding.

We are expecting between 50-60 guests and we took the Ultimate package. I'm kinda hesitating on my package since there's quite a few of it I wouldn't wanna use like the resort's spa services for hair and makeup and my fiancé is not big on massage. Also, we will be flying out our photographer and videographer from Las Vegas so I wouldn't really wanna use the photo and video service it comes with but I did speak to Claudia about using the photo and video service for something else like a family photoshoot before the day of our wedding and she said it shouldn't be a problem.

My suggestion for now I'd say is take care of your room block. I have blocked a total of 25 premium deluxe room for the weekend of my wedding and they are currently sold out now. They are only offering preferred club ocean view and up. When we stayed we had the preferred club ocean view. The preferred club service was nice and we had special access to their VIP lounge but we barely hanged out there and it felt like we didn't really need that service that's why we changed our reservations to the premium deluxe category. And since I have a big bridal party (2 matron of honors and 6 bridesmaids) I requested to have the Master suite the night before and the day of the wedding so we can get ready comfortably.

I'm currently deciding on hair and airbrush makeup services and still deciding which vendor I would choose. Feel free to ask any questions. I would say this website has been amazing to me in answering any of my questions. :-)

@@jenna85 did you use a TA or did you do your room block through DRC? And did you get any promotions, i.e. free/upgraded rooms or a cocktail welcome party?

I'm really worried about the resort being sold out, I guess I need to move on this!

@@BeachBride2016 if you have any questions you want answers to, I'd be happy to ask them on my visit (if you haven't already found them on this website).

@@yuniedo I used a TA. My wedding package comes with the cocktail hour. I believe my TA offers book 6 rooms get 1 free (3 nights stay) maximum of 3 free rooms. I think my fiancé and I will be using it as a credit to go towards our room and since we will be shouldering our photographer/videographer hotel stay, we will also be using it for them. We're staying for 1 week in multiple room category and I did read a lot about the resort just upgrading you if they see that you are getting married, ofcourse depending on room availability. So we figured taking the credit would be better. :)

Edited by jenna85

@@yuniedo Can you please ask them if nobody books the pool deck the day of a wedding would they allow a smaller group? I just realized the pool deck and the pool terrace are different :( I was totally planning everything on the pool deck and realized I wont have 60 or more people and it says you need a minimum of 60 people. I guess I'm just wondering if they would allow it if it wasn't booked that day? I also used a TA to block rooms off... Thanks :)

We are a top agency with Dreams Riviera Cancun and I was just there about 2 weeks ago.  In addition to the standard group perks, we are also currently offer:

1. Bride and groom fly free

2. free rooms and upgrades

3. as well as spa certificates for the bride and groom.

You can rad our reviews, see some of our promotions, and contact us through the links in my signature.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ladies,

First I want to say congratulations to everyone on their future planning and nuptials! @@yuniedo, thank you for starting this thread for us 2016 brides! I can't wait to start sharing ideas with everyone. This site is great! All the past DRC brides have been so very helpful. For any future brides that are not aware, there is also some FB groups for Riviera Maya/Cancun Brides. I highly suggest adding your self as member. Lots of great stuff on there as well.

My FI and I are getting married in DRC on June 17, 2016. We just booked a site visit for next month -need to check out how hot it's going to be. lol

We picked the Ultimate Package as well. @@jenna85, it is very overwhelming, but the brides on here do such a great job of offering tips and tricks. ;) Also, if you don't mind, can I ask if you had to put a deposit down when you blocked your rooms?

I started out with only planning on having 40 guests, but it looks like it may be more. :blink:

Sent my STD to 67 ppl!!! Holy cow!! My budget is blown if it stays that high -paying the pkg 3x's over. yikes!

Well, can't wait to start planning and sharing with you all. Best of luck to everyone and let the count down begin!! :D

• Like 1

Welcome, welcome Yune, BeachBride2016, jenna85 and desmiv - and Congrats on your upcoming destination weddings!!!

As you've already seen, there is lots of great info, advice and support here to help with your planning decisions, so you're already off to a great start :)

For some added inspiration, here are a few visual magic "moments that matter" showing how picturesque our magnificent Mayan Riviera is for your backdrop......enjoy!!!

....from the Dreams Cancun Wedding Album:

391512_10150377196454487_10207173_n.jpg?
319507_10150377202604487_2131139277_n.jp

or the Dreams Tulum Wedding Album:

299519_10151321461439487_993957116_n.jpg

703579_10151321459874487_2075762038_o.jp

Wishing you all the very best with your research and planning process - cheers!!! team MTM :)