#1 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:32 AM

Hey Ladies!

Was just thinking about this today when I was making a rough draft of my seating list. Did you include your vendors in your seating plan?

I will have four vendors who will be attending the reception. I have a videographer (two people) and photographer (two people) and didn't know if it was an expectation. I haven't asked my WC about this as of yet and I thought i'd just get some feelers out in the group.

Edited by perianjay, 16 April 2015 - 07:33 AM.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#2 smileitseb

smileitseb
  • 310 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 3, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:05 AM

@perianjay I didn't include them in my seating chart, because I honestly don't expect them to sit down at all, shouldn't they be working the whole time?

58 guests plus bride and groom
Ceremony: Gazebo
Reception: Pool Deck

#3 racht33

racht33
  • 234 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 27, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

This is a good question., I haven't even thought about that... are you including plates for all of them as well ? For the Photographers and DJ , etc ?... Because if you are then they will need a seat to eat..  I agree with @smileitseb they should be working the entire time. But I don't think anyone will want to be recorded or photographed eating. So they possibly will need to sit and eat themselves.....?

57 Guest

#4 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:11 AM

@smileitseb I think it's somewhat an expectation to feed them etc. Especially if they will be there for 6-8 hours. My photographer will be there for around 7 hours and videographer 5 hours.. My resort mentioned something about paying for a day pass for our vendors as well.

@racht33 I don't think they would include eating time as hours you pay for regardless (with photography anyway). I'd feel prettty bad expecting my photographer/videographer to come at 1pm and not eat until 9-10pm.

Most of the time the photographer is there a bit longer too because of the flow of the day.. they aren't always shooting. I know that at weddings at home it's an expectation to feed the vendors. Usually it's only photographers because they spend the good of the day with you depending on how many hours you've paid for.

Edited by perianjay, 16 April 2015 - 09:12 AM.

My planning thread :

#5 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:40 AM

We're a super small group but I've invited our photographer (not sure if there is an assistant) to have dinner with us. I'm figuring by the time we actually get to our time to sit down and eat, he'll be finished with pictures. We only took a five hour package since it's just a renewal, not our actual wedding.

I know some of the contracts, if you read through them, say that a meal is to be provided so in some ways, based on that, it's up to you whether you invite them to actually eat with you, or just ask your WC to ensure that a meal is provided for them.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#6 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:44 AM

@acw271011 That's really nice of you! I agree though. I definitely want to feed my photographers/videographers.. I just didn't know if they would be sitting with my guests, or if the resort would have them sitting somewhere else? not too sure. I just wanted to make sure that they are fed! I'd feel terrible if they worked all day and didn't get a break somewhere in between to eat and take a moment.

My planning thread :

#7 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:51 AM

I know when we got married in Jamaica, our photographer didn't sit down to eat at all until he was completely finished with our package time, and then he did sit down with us. We had included him with us for a meal, again it was just the two of us so it was no big deal.

An option might be to include them, but maybe if you have a table that isn't completely full perhaps have them sit there together. The other option too, if your package on time is complete, you could find a way for them to go maybe to the resort buffet, on their own, and get a meal there, or one of the onsite restaurants.

Best thing is to check with your WC because I'm certain, if the photographer isn't going to be part of your actual meal group, that they've dealt with this any number of times and she would be able to tell you how to organize it, especially since so many of the contracts have that clause. Maybe a ticket needs to be prepared for them or something that they would need to pick up from the WC once their work is done.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#8 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:51 AM

I need to feed my photographers but I was wondering the same about the seating arrangement. I can JUST fit everyone at 7 tables so if I add them then I have to go to 8 and spread people out (and add a centerpiece) so I'm hoping they can set up a separate 2-top for them. I hate to spread out my guests and make some sit with the photographer instead of someone else they know!

#9 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:56 AM

The other thing too, as well as checking with your WC is to come right out and ask your photographer how they usually do things. Again, they've likely gone through this a thousand times and I'm sure they'll work with whatever works for you!!

event.png

#10 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

@acw271011 Definitely going to ask my WC how it would work :)

@beckys98 eek! I have enough room at one of my tables. The table is six right now, but may go down to 4 if their children don't come. Worst case scenario it would end up being a table of 10 with my vendors, best case it would end up being a table of 8. That's if the WC says that they would be eating with us on the sky terrace. I would only assume so to be perfectly honest.

My planning thread :

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Vendors, Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users