Made some progress and/or knocked a few things off the list recently, so thought I would post a small update, starting with a quick list.
- Honeymoon flight booked! YAY! We are flying from Cancun to San Jose, Costa Rica for a week. It's a new route on an airline called Volaris. I just started flying earlier this month so I was waiting to make sure the flight actually went ahead before booking. Now have to sort out hotels, etc. I'm almost more excited about this than the wedding week
- Updated our wedding web site with local activity suggestions and updated schedule details.
- Have an update/reminder email all set to go. I think I will send it on the 6 month mark from the date of travel which would be Oct 3.
- I've collected all mailing addresses for the invitations and hopefully will get those out this week. Just need to pick up some labels & stamps.
These are sorted out - well, mostly. I've decided to go with a company called Azazie.com. American brides should definitely check them out. They are only available online but have a wide range of colors, fabrics & styles. You can order swatches, of course, but more importantly you can also order sample dresses to try on. It costs $10 per dress to cover the shipping.
We got 4 samples shipped to my BM in Portland, OR and she found that they fit pretty closely to the online measurements. She also thought the quality was better than David's and yet the prices were similar. Most of the dresses we are looking at are $140 USD.
You can also send your measurements and get a dress custom made at no extra cost. They seem to be really flexible with return policies, credits towards alterations, etc. I spoke with a customer service rep who was very helpful as well. The one issue is that my sister lives in Toronto, so cannot get the sample. So she's going to head to David's to try on different styles (as I'm having them pick the style they like) and then order from Azazie based on her measurements. It only takes 3 - 4 weeks to get them (although may take longer to Canada), and she can return it if it doesn't fit (or get it altered, of course).
Here is the dress my one BM picked. It's called Mikaela and the color is Jade. Actually this one is only $100.
Mikaela.JPG 20.66KB 8 downloads
- Ring shopping. We have a long weekend booked off together in late October, so I think we go shopping then.
- Bridal registry. I'm not planning to advertise the registry, but if anyone asks - especially anyone not coming to the wedding - we'll have something set up so that they can get us stuff we need. We don't have room for stuff we don't need! Where have other Canadian brides registered? I'm thinking tried & true - The Bay. I've also set up an account at HoneyFund, but not sure if we will use it. I feel my mom will think it's gauche, as it's basically asking for money.