We (or should I say HE) received some packages this week! He ordered flasks & bottle openers from the Chive. Not sure if you ladies are familiar with the Chive - it's a web site of some cult status and very popular among FH & his friends.

We also received custom golf balls for the golf outing he is planning. They say "Mexico 2016". He didn't want anything too specific to our wedding. He works in the golf industry so these were free. YAY!

Question - Do we need to give a gift to our MC? We didn't think about that when we ordered the Chive items. We haven't asked yet, but hoping my BIL (sister's husband) will be up to the task.

What a great idea!!! My FI and his buddies love the Chive I'm gonna have to take a look now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I love your planning thread! The story of how you met is just so cute haha so I think it's very fitting that you're having a destination wedding :)

I love the colors you have chosen, we definitely thought about peacock colors at the beginning but then ended up changing them. I also love the pink/orange color palette as it seems easy to find local flowers with those colors. 

I was also thinking of delphiniums as an option for a blue flower. I think they're very pretty, although the painted orchids would look really nice too! 

• Like 1

Photography

I'm excited to say that we have secured a photographer. We have a friend, who is invited to the wedding and who is also a professional wedding photographer here in Vancouver. I wasn't sure if he would be interested, as I figured he might not want to work on his vacation. I also had no idea what his rates were and whether they would fit in our budget.

But I figured it couldn't hurt to ask (as my mom says, the worst he could say is "no"). Turns out he is interested and his rate for 8 hours is approximately the rate for 4 hours with most of the local photographers that I contacted! Plus, he'll be on site all week, so we can split that up at no additional charge if we don't need it all for the wedding day (which I doubt we will). Oh, and that rate is in CAD rather than USD so I don't have to pay the exchange rate. Needless to say I'm really happy with everything.  :D

• Like 6

that's great! When we finally booked our photographer it felt like such a huge weight had been lifted haha

• Like 2

<p>Received my first wedding-related online purchase today. YAY! Kimonos for me and my 2 BMs. Thanks&nbsp;@@eriddell for posting the La Vie en Rose sale. Great deal!</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<div>

BM robes

</div>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>My FH has also ordered gifts for his GMs - he seemed inspired when I ordered the robes. I didn't see what he ordered, so hope it's not ridiculous&nbsp; :P</p>

I got mine too! What a deal and they're so pretty!

• Like 1

That's great news about the photographer. I remember that was one of the things I was stressing about in the beginning of my planning. The prices can be really high for a good photographer in the Cancun/Maya area. Yay! One less stress for you :)

• Like 1

Photographer is another biggy so one more thing off the list! it's one I struggled with but ours is done too, thank goodness.

Love the thread!  And like the other ladies your "how we met" is great so yeah, a DW would be your only option! lol Couldn't see you doing it any other way!!

• Like 1

@@acw271011 & @@TinkerSofi - Was there a full moon this past week?!? It seems like everyone has health drama going on.

My FIL was driving home to Canada from Palm Springs and had to be airlifted to Portland, OR, for emergency surgery due to an aortic aneurysm. Crazy! He is lucky to be alive (and to have good travel insurance!). Thankfully he is doing well and is back home. But it's a been a weird week. Best to your dad, TinkerSofi, and I hope you are doing better, acw271011. 

• Like 1

OMG!! I'm so sorry to hear that and I hope he's doing ok! Sometimes it's just not your time to go I think. I'm glad they caught it on time. Funny enough it was a full moon! Haha it's nuts but I totally believe that people are a little more off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TinkerSofi
  • Like 2