Vancouverpetunia - Now Sapphire - April 7, 2016

Omg @@vancouverpetunia congrats on getting your marriage license! That's so exciting! We still have to do ours haha and we are getting married in less than 4 weeks .

Congrats on getting your dress! That's so exciting and makes everything soooo real!

Exciting about the bachelorette party! I had mine last night and it's so much Fun! I'm sure your girlfriends will make it super special for you! I love the wine and spice theme! Especially the wine! My fiancé and I have the same issue. Everyone keeps hounding us on what we want as gifts and we honestly don't want anything. We have everything we could need. I invited all family from both sides that lived close by as well as my best girlfriends. Hopefully that helps.

Those makeup suggestions are gorgeous! I really LOVE the second one. It's very bridal and just gorgeous! I also love that look with the curls! It would looks so nice on the beach! My hair is also dead straight but with enough product the curls will stay. Also day old hair (one day past washing) and it holds better too.

Well done on everything. It's all coming together nicely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@@vancouverpetunia Your dress is so pretty!!! Yay for custom (clearly I'm biased though ;) )! Love the shoes and the belt too!!

I agree with Kim, you may want to do an updo for your hair especially if it doesn't hold curl well. My maids of honour both wanted their hair down (neither of them like their hair fully up) but the ladies at the spa were really hesitant and warned them about the humidity and wind. They both ended up getting an updo and were very happy about it once we were out in the heat! That being said I have seen some brides leave their hair down and it looks beautiful...maybe depending on the time of year?

I also was nervous to have a shower or a fancy bachelorette. I didn't want people to spend more money than they were already to come to the wedding BUT my maids of honour insisted and were kinda sad initially when I suggested not having one. They really wanted to plan the event and so I let them go to town. I didn't really ask for help in planning the wedding so this was their way of being a part of the process. I think if you have people offering to host it - let them! This means their excited to help out with your wedding. For my shower it was a mixture of people - some were coming to the wedding and others were not and that was a nice way for them to celebrate with me. Wine and Spice sounds really fun! My maids asked everyone to bring something for the wedding night....they forgot they invited my 90 grandma lol!!!

• Like 2

@, @@calgarybride2015, @@yycbride2016, @@snswedding2016 Thanks, ladies, for all of your great feedback! It's starting to feel real now!

I'm leaning towards the belt below rather than the one I tried on. Just a little more subtle. Also from my wedding dress Etsy vendor and, in fact, I'm pretty sure it is ON my wedding dress in this photo. Haha.

post-281283-0-27524200-1453771064_thumb.png

Regarding hair... all very good points. I forgotten the "dirty" hair trick, but I don't know if it will be enough. Maybe I will have a trial with my own hairdresser to see how it holds here and/or to try out an up-do. Jeff really doesn't want me to do anything with my hair (boys!). He wants me to look like me and I do to a point as well, but I also want something a bit special. 

For my BMs, I'm still not sure. I like the idea of offering one spa service - but I would like them to choose, as I think one would prefer professional make-up and the other hair. If I do that, I will probably just stick with that as the gift, along with the robes. I wasn't planning to do anything special for the ladies (or anyone) not golfing. I figure it's nice enough to have a break from our guys haha. There will also be quite a few of the guys who don't go. Those who do go will be footing their own bill. We are paying for a yacht excursion for anyone who wants to go in lieu of welcome bags. 

Thanks for the comments about the bachelorette & shower. I'm not super comfortable with either, but I'm sure they will both be fun, so I've decided to go for it :) It's nice to be pampered and hopefully it only happens once LOL

Since my last update, I've found out that we will get about a $5000 credit from Transat, which is great. It means our entire trip will be free. But it also means we will have about $1100 extra in credit which apparently can only be applied against travel that has already been paid for. So I guess we credit it to some (or all) of our guests? This was not made clear to me originally, so I was planning to pocket that money and use it towards wedding costs. I'm a bit irritated about that, but least our trip is free! YAY.

I also wanted some advice on what to wear to our legal wedding. I was thinking of wearing my BM dress from my sister's wedding a few years back, but I don't know if it is too summery (given that we will have the legal ceremony in early March). I also don't know if it fits (and it's in off-site storage), but I would love your feedback on the dress and if you think it could work, I will dig it out and try it on. 

post-281283-0-87793700-1453771090_thumb.jpg

Edited by vancouverpetunia
  • Like 2

I think both belts look great so def go with what is more your taste!

You could also consider a trial in Mexico with your hair down to see if it holds. Then make the final call on the wedding day!?

Ohhhhhh I must have missed (or forgotten sorry) that you were doing a yacht excursion. That's so fantastic !!! That is more than enough for sure!!!! I thought maybe the golf was the guys gift :)

I feel your struggle with the spa given the girls may want different things.

That's awesome for the credit. I feel your frustration on how the credit works! It's still great you got your trip free. Maybe take the rest and split is amongst everyone?!

The dress is summery but personally you look great in it and I would wear it in March :)

• Like 2

Just one tip with hair. Definitely like @@calgarybride2015 suggested, I'd try it prior to the big day. One of my regrets was my hair choice. I wanted big pretty curls and my hair went flat in minutes. My hair usually holds curls extremely well.. So much so that I don't use hairspray usually, but on my wedding day nothing would keep the curls in for me. That Damn Mexican heat! Haha

• Like 2

Hello ladies! Hope you are having a productive weekend :) I bought most of my jewelry yesterday and wanted to share.

Bracelet from The Bay $25. This was attached to a box, so I wasn't able to try it on in the store (I should have asked). It's quite large on me. Not enough to fall off, but it flips around a lot so that the rhinestones are backwards. Not sure if I should return it and keep looking. Thoughts?

post-281283-0-84889900-1454283308_thumb.jpg

2 headband options from Claire's $23 (they have a "buy one get one for $5" sale right now). I'm not sure if I will keep these either. The more I think/ask/read about hair options, I think I need to put it back, or partially back. I was thinking I would have it curled and use a headband to keep it off my face, but I don't think the curls will stay. And I don't want it just pulled back with the headband, but straight. Too boring. 

post-281283-0-10108500-1454283446_thumb.jpg

post-281283-0-80609400-1454283536_thumb.jpg

Earrings from Blue Ruby $75. I decided to splurge on these since I have, on occasion, wished that I had fancy rhinestone earrings, so I think I will wear them again. They are sterling silver and they really sparkle. Hard to tell in the photo.

post-281283-0-96112100-1454283397_thumb.jpg

So... I guess only the earrings are the only items set in stone. I'm thinking something simple like the screenshots below for my hair, and adding some sort of pin or comb. Does anyone know what kind of accessory it would be that would fit into the area where the hair is pulled together at the back?

post-281283-0-14665900-1454284576_thumb.jpg

post-281283-0-04533900-1454284577_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

@@vancouverpetunia that is a really cute dress and would work perfectly! I think it's up to you and what look you are going for that day. I'm going to wear a short white lace dress that I got for my bridal shower and Kyle will wear dress pants and a dress shirt. We don't want to make it into a big deal because it won't be the real wedding to us, it's purely a legality for us.

I love that bracelet is really pretty and such a good deal! My bracelet turns round too but I have really small wrists so it's inevitable. I really like the first headband by my motto is more bling is better! Haha those earrings are also amaze balls! I love them!

The hair is really pretty too! It's sophisticated and not too fancy making you look too different. I'm sure your fi will love it! You could get rhinestone Bobby pins to do this look and that would be really pretty!

• Like 2

@@vancouverpetunia

Good job with the accessory purchases this weekend! I like my bracelets to fit pretty snug so it would likely bother me that it was a little big and that the rhinestones keep flipping. If you love the bracelet why don't you look into seeing if someone can size it for you? It goes so well with your earrings that I think resizing rather than relooking may be a great alternative.

I really like the hair photos you posted. My girlfriend has long hair but did just that for her wedding and it looked great. She had a brooch from her grandmother that she had made into a hair pin for the back. Something old! Anything sentimental you may want to try and use? Hers was a bit heavy but we just fixed it a few times throughout the night and it looked great. Rhinestone bobby pins are also a great idea @@yycbride2016! They would look great especially if used with the first style.

• Like 2

@@yycbride2016 My wrists are tiny, too! And rhinestone bobby pins are a great idea. I don't know why I didn't of that. 

@@ashhtayy Also a great idea to possibly getting the bracelet shortened. I'll have to look into that. That's so sweet that your friend had her grandma's brooch remade into a hair accessory! I love that idea, but I don't think I have anything that would work. 

So tonight I tried on a bunch of dresses I have in my closet. Most of these I haven't worn more than a couple of times - if that. I think one I've never worn (well, actually 2, but I just bought the other one). I work in a casual office, so jeans with boots & a nice top is fancy. But I love dresses and I'm pretty excited because a few months ago these didn't fit very well, but I'm really happy to say they do now. I'm thinking I should wear one of these for my legal ceremony. I don't really want to make too big a fuss about it, and Jeff hasn't even seen me wear most of these dresses, so any of them should work. Which do you like the best? Sorry for the bad photos.

post-281283-0-50657100-1454304543_thumb.jpg

post-281283-0-03272600-1454304550_thumb.jpg

post-281283-0-46792700-1454304556_thumb.jpg

post-281283-0-45264400-1454304565_thumb.jpg

post-281283-0-83348400-1454304572_thumb.jpg

• Like 1