2016 Wedding At Cancun Mexico. Need Opinions On The Resorts!

2016 Brides Cancun Riviera Maya Locations

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 KatieMcBride

• 122 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 15, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Riu Caribe, Cancun

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:59 AM

Yes, a symbolic ceremony is cheaper than a legal one in Mexico! By about $1000 where we are getting married.  I didn't know it was an option either until I started researching :)

I'm getting married April 2016!

#12 hellosassypants

• 146 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:49 AM

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your reply.

We are planning a legal ceremony over there but I have been reading more about people getting married legally at home and then having a symbolic ceremony once in Mexico and didn't know you could even do that until recently.

Does it work out cheaper if you do it that way round or is it just the same?

I have spoken again to the hotel and they have confirmed that it is 3 full days!

When do you get married?

Hi and congrats on your engagement! We did a symbolic ceremony in Mexico than doing a legal. It saved us an additional $1500 and we arrived 2 days before the ceremony. We legally got married 3 days before we left for Mexico. It felt so much more surreal and romantic when we had our wedding in Mexico.

April 17, 2015

Gran Caribe Real (Cancun, Mexico)

Including Bride & Groom: 22 guests (19 adults & 3 children)

#13 Louisex82x

• 4 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Cancun

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:32 AM

Hi and thank you for your reply,

Congrats to you and your hubby on your recent wedding!

We have been thinking a lot about it and decided to do the civil ceremony in Mexico.

The main reason being as we want to be legally married on the day of exchanging our vows etc.

Our next decision is whether to have a beach wedding or gazebo!! so much to think of and this is just for starters!!

#14 kuoling

• 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:08 PM

Thank you all for your input! Just want to give an update that I decided to go with....Secrets The Vine!  Funny how it's not even on my original list!

I went site visits to Beach Palace, Sun Palace, Me Cancun, Fiesta Americana Condesa, Live Aqua and Secrets The Vine.  Didn't go to Iberostar because I didn't hear from them...

Each resort has their own style and vibe.  Since I was looking for more modern, new, luxury and fun environment for the wedding, Secrets The Vine really fits in the category.  Like said, every other resort I visited is great. My second pick would be Live Aqua. Very similar feeling to Secrets.  

If you are deciding on any of the resorts I visited and want some info, I will be happy to provide! 

Happy planning everyone! :)  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users