• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 KayRae

• 29 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach, Riviera Maya
  • LocationLafayette, LA

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:53 PM

Beautiful!! Go for it!! And I agree with saying yes to the belt too! I remember thinking that I had to have a certain type of dress that was "more suited for the beach" going by different people's opinions in the beginning of the dress shopping, but then I felt super limited in the style options and couldn't find anything that I liked, much less loved. And then I found my perfect dress - which I bought over a year and a half before the wedding - and never looked back because I knew it was perfect for me and the wedding I wanted - beach or no beach :) So I am a firm believer that it is all about how it makes you feel and you shouldn't have to limit your options just because you are having a beach wedding. And you should be every bit of confident in that dress because it looks amazing on you! And after all was said and done I loved the fact that I had some poof and a train - even though a lot of people might have thought it was kind of crazy, I can't help but feel that it came out that much more beautiful (I'm sure I'm a little biased lol) - but the point is that it is your wedding day and your dream to come true... go with your heart! 

#12 racht33

• 234 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 27, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:42 AM

@GingerBride I think this dress looks great on you! I love it! The sweetheart and the belt are just perfect!! Honestly there is nothing traditional about a DW anyway.. thats the fun thing about it NO RULES!! so you can wear whatever you want its your wedding day!! But in all this is a great pick!! I hope you do say YES TO THE DRESS!!

57 Guest

#13 Soon2beMrsJ

• 121 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Royalton White Sands - Montego Bay, Jamaica

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:47 AM

@GingerBride This dress looks amazing on you!!! Definitely love the belt, adds a little sparkle. My dress is totally not beachy either so don't let those thoughts of "I should wear a beachy dress" sway you!! It's your day, wear what makes you feel beautiful!

#14 youngandinlove

• 9 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 2, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Costa Rica
  • LocationMass.

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:08 AM

What a gorgeous dress! Definately belt I think. I am new here but I could not help but comment. I am trying to figure out some dress logistics myself right now! ;)

#15 GingerBride

• 41 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:22 PM

@acw271011 thank you so much!!  It's a Stella York.  I was able to order it but it is now discontinued!!   I am so lucky as I don't think I would have loved any other dress as much as this one :)

I am a huge fan of the Stella York dresses.  They are so pretty and they have really good structure for the curvier girl :)

@youngandinlove thank you :)  Welcome to the message boards of so many giddy girls getting ready to marry the man of their dreams!  lol

I have been "creeping" the boards a long time now but only recently have I started to really post.  I notice that there are so many helpful ladies here.  So post away!

To everyone else who put in their vote - Thanks!!!  means so much to me to hear that I am choosing the right gown!  I just love it and I don't think I could imagine wearing another dress.  I will go shopping for a nice blinged out belt/slash this weekend :)

#16 beckys98

• 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:45 AM

You should comment! I lurked for awhile before posting but you get even more out of the site once you start interacting with all the lovely brides. Everyone is super supportive, nice and helpful!

What a gorgeous dress! Definately belt I think. I am new here but I could not help but comment. I am trying to figure out some dress logistics myself right now! ;)

#17 ashhtayy

• 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:35 AM

@GingerBride beautiful dress! it looks great on you. love the belt - it sits perfectly. I'm not a bling girl and to me this would be the perfect amount. congrats on saying yes!

#18 MrandMrsBonitto2016

• 321 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 14, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dominican Republic~Kukua/ Staying at Dreams Palm Beach
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:39 AM

@GingerBride You look gorg :)

Future Mrs. Bonitto 12/14/16

#19 veryvalentine

• 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

Awww I love your dress!  It looks wonderful and screw the destination look.  It's amazing. 

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#20 MNsunseeker

• 61 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:54 PM

I love it!!! It really flatters you and the belt is a keeper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users