Photo

Total Newbie

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kimmie2016

Kimmie2016
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:04 AM

Hi! I am a new 2016 Bride and we are getting married in Mexico. We are really looking at the Dreams resort. Does anyone have personal experience or insight to this resort? I want to get the most bang for my buck. Iberostar Cancun was our second choice. I also like La Esmeralda because of the beautiful swim up suites but they are VERY pricy.  Anybody  have any suggestions for this budget conscious bride?

Thanks

Kim

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:29 AM

Hi Kimmie,

Welcome to BDW!  Which Dreams?  We love them!  AMResorts offer some of the best wedding amenities.

I actually do not like the swim ups at La Esmeralda.  I think there are better ones out there. I find the placement of the swimups not great.  very little privacy.

Karisma hotels have much better swim ups.  I love the ones at Generations.  That is where I will be in a couple of weeks.

Also Dreams Tulum has some new swim ups.

If you want, you can fill out the link in my signature and we can break down the pros and cons of each hotel brand.  We are also running a bride and groom fly free promo and Dreams is running $500 off your wedding promo and Karisma is offering an unlimited FREE events promo right now.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 LasCaletas

LasCaletas

Insiders

• Insiders
    • 118 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:57 AM

Hi @Kimmie2016

Congratulations on your engagement!!

I would like to welcome you to the best destination wedding site, where you will find lots of information regarding wedding venue locations, details, etc...

If you'd like to you can visit our website www.adventureweddingsvallarta.com and check out our wedding packages, we have a beautiful private beach called Las Caletas in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, where we make the magic happen with an amazing view and an awesome setting for your ceremony.

If you want to speak with a sales agent for further assistance feel free to contact us at toll free 1.866.731.8152 or e-mail us to info@adventureweddingsvallarta.com

Hi! I am a new 2016 Bride and we are getting married in Mexico. We are really looking at the Dreams resort. Does anyone have personal experience or insight to this resort? I want to get the most bang for my buck. Iberostar Cancun was our second choice. I also like La Esmeralda because of the beautiful swim up suites but they are VERY pricy.  Anybody  have any suggestions for this budget conscious bride?

Thanks

Kim

#4 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
      • 678 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
      • LocationToronto

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

Welcome to the forum!!  How exciting.  I am a budget savvy bride and I chose the Grand sunset princess hotel in the mayan Riviera.  I loved the hotel, we have been there twice before.  The prices for our guests were quite reasonable especially for the type of resort that  is.  It's so beautiful.  We are happy with our wedding packages too.  ;)

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#5 KatieMcBride

KatieMcBride
      • 122 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 15, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Riu Caribe, Cancun

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:31 AM

Welcome and congratulations!! We originally were going to get married at Dreams Riviera Cancun, however when we saw what travel was going to be for our guests (approx $2400 per guest), we decided it wasn't realistic. They also charge an arm and a leg for the smallest things (like $7 for one tea light...?? come on..)

We wanted to be more budget friendly, so we are going with the Riu chain now - much cheaper, it's still a 4.5 star and I've heard nothing but good things :)

#6 ericalbazow1023

ericalbazow1023
      • 5 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 23, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Generations Riviera Maya
      • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:12 AM

Hi Kimmie, Congrats!

If you're doing Mexico, have you considered The Karisma Resorts?  I can't speak to the ones you mention below, but we have our wedding at El Dorado Royale/Casitas in October 2015 and when we visited in November 2014, we were beyond thrilled.  Great bang for your buck too!  

Good luck!

Thanks

Kim

Cheers ~

Erica Bazow-To-Be :wub:

#7 pjay

pjay
      • 1,791 posts
      • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
      • LocationToronto

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:46 AM

Welcome to the forum and congrats! You will find a lot of useful information here! Dreams properties are very nice. I know a few friends who have been and really enjoyed it :)

My planning thread :
      http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#8 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

Welcome to the forum, Kim and Congrats on your dw next year!!! you'll find tons of great advice and info here to help with your planning decisions.

Here are a few visual "moments that matter" Linc captured at several Mayan Riviera resorts - to help inspire you and show you a few options.....enjoy!

...from the Generations Riviera Maya Wedding Album:

10629544_10152626432674487_7077082552283

....or this one from the Dreams Tulum Wedding Album:

10511392_10152641478034487_3469697475172

...and this one from The Royal Playa del Carmen Wedding Album:

10515077_10152516862019487_6164790735209

Enjoy your research, and memorable journey ahead - cheers!!! team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#9 acw271011

acw271011
        • Moderators
        • 3,128 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
        • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
        • LocationToronto Area

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:32 PM

Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the site! As you can see, everyone is more than willing to pass along tips and ideas as well as suggestions to help you out on your planning journey. Definitely take Tammy up on her offer to help you out with pros and cons. A TA is the best person to get you kick started on what you want, what you want for your guests and what will all work with your budget.

Good luck and happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#10 gonzaloNunez

gonzaloNunez
        • Insiders
        • 227 posts
          • LocationMexico

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

Hello Kimmie!!

Dreams is a beautiful resort. i particularly like shooting there.
          in one of my last weddings, the held the ceremony at the gazebo, which turned amazing.

dreams1.JPG

Let me know if we can help you.

good luck with the planning!
          Gonzalo

Posted Image

Gonzalo Nunez - WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER - www.gonzalonunez.com - Facebook Fanpage
          Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico, rest of the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users