Monica's Dreams Puerto Vallarta Wedding review!

Ok, Monica emailed me the review she wrote for you guys. She said she's afraid it's not specific enough or that she forgot to include some things. If you guys have any questions I'm happy to help and can double check w/ her on things too.

Hope this helps! Also, I'll post a link to her wedding pics. She's got them in a shutterfly album (she said I can post the link for it) and it's a mix of pics from our cameras as well as ones Roberto took. But I think for the most part it's pretty obvious which ones are the pro pics so you can check out his work.

So without further ado:

Rankin Wedding 9/22/07

On first arrival the airport took me by surprise. Itâ€s not DFW thatâ€s for sure. I was forewarned to ignore all the people asking if you need a ride to your resort. A few in our group did not get so lucky and lost about 30 minutes of their vacation time. The taxiâ€s are scary as hell and the downtown area is a hodge-podge of nice shops next to decrepit ones. I was a bit afraid I choose the wrong place for my wedding. The city grows on you though and I realized itâ€s just different but itâ€s a fairly safe place. It has a lot of character and it was wonderful being in an environment completely different from what I know. We definitely plan to take more trips to PV.

When we arrived at the resort, after a frightful ride from the airport, we were pleasantly surprised. (side note from Rachelle: Not sure what she means by a "frightful ride". I was in the same shuttle as her and her FI and everything seemed fine to me! lol!) Itâ€s beautiful and tucked away all by itself with its own private beach. You canâ€t beat that! From what I can tell it is one of the best resorts in PV. It was definitely the best choose for people like us that were trying to not be too extravagant yet have a nice wedding and vacation with our friends and family. It was pretty great. Right away I met with Gaby the resort wedding coordinator and Roberto our photographer. All of my communication with Gaby up until this point was via email and that made me a little nervous. She went over our expectations right away and was very helpful with everything we needed. We had an issue from the beginning with the Mexican Trio that we wanted to play at the wedding and reception. The price is $460 and hour which we thought was ridiculous so in an attempt to save money we asked Robert to send us a few phone numbers of local mariachi bands. He was so helpful and sent us about 6 names and numbers. Unfortunately we were only able to get a hold of one band. We made plans with that band to meet at the resort when we arrived. Gaby graciously called them for us because communication was a bit difficult previously. They booked up at the last minute! Scary!!! We discussed our possibilities with Gaby and she helped us get what we wanted for a price we were happy with. The Mexican Trio was great! They are amazing and even took requests from our guests. It made the atmosphere fun and festive. Loved it!!

Roberto was amazing. He was at the resort waiting for us when we arrived. Admittedly my father was very worried about the possibility of getting taken by Roberto. He was concerned that we would get to PV and Roberto would increase his prices and we would be out of luck and stuck with paying more than we were originally expecting. Not the case at all! Roberto was very willing to work with us on what we specifically wanted for our event and gave it to us for a price we were VERY happy with. He was amazing! Roberto was so very professional and friendly. We really couldnâ€t have picked a better photographer for our wedding. He was so devoted to making sure our pictures were fantastic that he even showed up at the rehearsal to find ideas for the wedding. The day of the wedding he was very complimentary to me, which made me feel confident and beautiful. We were very pleased with Robertoâ€s professionalism and would highly recommend him to anyone getting married in PV.

There were a few things that did not meet our expectations. It seemed that our room never got cold enough and everything was always damp which is to be expected. Weâ€ve decided our next visit to PV will be during the time of year when the weather is milder. The food at the resort was spectacular but the service is nothing like what you would expect in the states. That being said, you have all the time in the world so who really cares. I was very impressed with the food. We always made sure to tip the waiters though technically you donâ€t have to but it did help in our favor when we returned to a restaurant. The room service was hit or miss. You could order something and it might be there in less than 30 minutes or in some cases it could take 2 hours.

Puerto Vallarta is so beautiful with the lush landscape and the spectacular ocean. Being in this environment, with the people we hold most dear and having one of the most important events in our lives in this location, made the time in PV magical. I can sincerely say we had the time of our life.

Quote:
Rachelle, thanks. I am glad she was able to give you a review. She should still join us!
I know!!! I think 'cause I talk about it so much she thinks she's a member by proxy or something! lol!

Quote:
Awww, that makes me miss PV/Dreams. Tell her everything looked great! And we used Roberto too and he is the sweetest man, feels like family. I'm glad she had the same experience.
Yeah, David and I can't wait to go back!! I'll let her know you think everything looked great. :-) And I agree 100% about Roberto! LOVED him! He really felt like a part of the group. The rest of the guests commented on that too.