Any Bbg Brides Here?

CaroV

Hi 

I recently got engaged and I was wondering if any one else on the forum is following Kayla Itsiness' BBG program! I started early January so I'm on week 11 now. But now that I'm engaged I feel like I need to keep it up until the wedding so that I can be on the best shape of my life for that day!

The only downside is that we all have busy lives so doing the program was taking a big chunk of my free time and now I get to add to all of that planning a wedding! Overwhelmed doesn't even start to describe it!  :blink:

So, I figured, I couldn't be the only one in this situation and thought I could reach out to my fellow bbgbrides so that we can support one another.

As I mentioned before, I'm on week 11 and as I'm almost done with the program I don't know what to do next to keep it up? BBG 2.0? or a second round of BBG 1.0? Has anyone finished the program already? What are you doing to stay in shape?

Hope to hear from you soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @@CaroV I'm also doing Kaylas BBG guide, congrats on getting to week 11! I'm only on week 3 of the first guide! I know what you mean, it is hard to juggle everything! Lately from wedding planning, exercise, work and daily life I feel like I have no time for much else. But I am enjoying this workout program and hope that now that spring is here will be able to get outside and do more fun outdoor activities.

I just joined an ultimate frisbee team once a week and plan to do biking or waking outside in addition to the guides! Since your almost done the guide have you thought about joining a team or boot camp type thing to keep you going? That way you will be forced to show up and do the workouts or games lol or at least that's how I see it.

Sometimes I find it so hard to keep up with the BBG workouts, like this week I missed doing half of the week and got really lazy so now I'm making myself redo the week lol!

I'm doing the BBG with one of my bridesmaids so we are motivating each other so we can both have beach bodies next winter! I have 9 months too my wedding, when is yours ?!

Kim

@@kimmyd2 I'm so happy I'm not alone! I'm actually on week 15 now, I finished the whole guide and I'm now on week 3 of  round two  :)

I feel your pain. The first few weeks were the hardest because you are still trying to find a way to balance everything. But once you have that part figured out it gets much easier which is probably why I haven't felt the need to join a bootcamp or anything like that. Once I'm through with round 2 I will go for BBG 2.0 but at that point in time I will need to join a gym because it requires a lot more equipment. 

Another tip that might help is to think of your work out as something you get to do for yourself, not as something else on your to do list. I find this approach helps me stay focused.  ;)

Also, I found a great motivator were my progress pictures. Did you take your week 0 pictures? Seeing my own (undeniable) progress gave me more than enough motivation to keep me going. Also I created an account on instagram (caritobbg) to track my progress. I did this for two reasons: 1. Accountability and 2. Inspiration. There are thousands of girls around the world who are doing the program so it feels like we are all in this together. Everyone is supportive and willing to help and I love seeing everyone's progress because it's further proof that it works :)

Lastly, once you've been doing the program for a while you will start to notice a lot of additional benefits that you weren't expecting. For example, I ran a 10k two weeks ago and beat my personal record by 5 minutes without much training! I was shocked! I was going for just being under my previous time but as I started the race and got into my rhythm and checked my pace I realized I could do it. I was ecstatic! Other things like being able to carry or move things on your own or walk for hours while sightseeing without thinking about it are just a couple of other additional benefits I've noticed.

I know it's a bit of a long answer, but I just want you to know that you can do this. I have never been fit or athletic before in my life. I have always been thin but I've come to realize that thin and fit are two very different things. I couldn't even do a push up when I started! So I know that if I can do it, anyone can  :D

To answer your question, we are planning our wedding for May 2016 so still a long time from now. I'm still in the process of selecting a venue which has been a bit overwhelming  :huh:

How's planning going on your side?

Caro

Edited by CaroV
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

@@CaroV

Well done on your progress (not to be a creeper but I'm always on instagram and so I looked at your account). You have made some amazing progress! Especially since you mention you have never been fit in your life. You definately are now! I am normally addicted to fitness but it's strange, ever since I got engaged my fitness has come second to wedding planning and other life events.

My fiance and I started a program called Body Beast last night and we are going to try and hold each other accountable all while training for a half marathon in August! I find signing up for races and different events keeps me motivated throughout the year. I just went a long time with no events planned till now! Time to up my game! Good luck and keep pushing through!

@@CaroV

Well done on your progress (not to be a creeper but I'm always on instagram and so I looked at your account). You have made some amazing progress! Especially since you mention you have never been fit in your life. You definately are now! I am normally addicted to fitness but it's strange, ever since I got engaged my fitness has come second to wedding planning and other life events.

My fiance and I started a program called Body Beast last night and we are going to try and hold each other accountable all while training for a half marathon in August! I find signing up for races and different events keeps me motivated throughout the year. I just went a long time with no events planned till now! Time to up my game! Good luck and keep pushing through!

That happened to me too! Had surgery in December 2013 that threw me off and engaged in April and I've never been able to get my shape back because I always had an excuse. I'm trying to push myself to get back to the same level as I have no more excuses lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@@calgarybride2015

I'm sure you can get back there! You just need a little extra motivation. I'm going dress shopping next weekend and I thought that was going to be my motivation over the past few months. Apparently nothing is motivating me. But now my fiance seems like he is in it to win it (now that his workload has finally decreased) so if he's in it, I have to be! No excuses!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@@malyna hey - nice to see you stopping in to post! Haven't seen you here for a while! Hope the wedding planning is going well! You're just a few months away now!!