Snswedding2016 Planning Thread - Jan 9 2016 (Azul Fives)

OOT Bags

Sean and I went back and forth on whether or not to do bags and after looking on this site and seeing all the inspiration we decided to go for it!

We're going to do one bag per family/couple/person (if they are attending single) and hand out the bags prior to travel to those in Toronto to reduce the amount we need to pack and bring with us. 

I did lots of research on various different bags. A lot of the custom bags were too pricey for our budget and I didn't know if I would have the patience to DIY plain bags - lol! I found some really cute bags from Oriental Trading and with tax and shipping they came out to $2.40/bag (Canadian). The quality is pretty decent and they are a good size and cute! Overall I'm pretty happy with the bags.

post-281055-0-55244000-1428984163_thumb.jpg

ID Badges -  from Amazon (seller discounttown). A batch of 50 for $15.84 (Canadian -free shipping!)

Wrist Coils - from Office Playground. A batch of 50 for $34.22 (Canadian - includes shipping). I could have sworn I specified the colour (the display picture is not the colour your are ordering). It defaults to multi-coloured! At first I was disappointed but then realized I would be the only one who cared the coils were different colours! I'm over it now! ;)  haha!

My next project is to put the ID Badges and Wrist Coils together with Key Card Holder cards!

Contents:

Hand Sanitizer - Bath and Bodyworks.  I was just going to get regular hand sanitizer but these were on sale in Feb for 3 for $5 with some really fun scents like "Caribbean Escape", "Island Margarita", "Wild Mango Mojito" etc.

post-281055-0-09639500-1428984997_thumb.jpg

Travel Sized Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash - I posted these in a separate thread. My mom was given a bunch of free travel sized samples so I was able to get these for free!! I got enough for all of my guests. There's Old Spice Bodywash & Shampoo, Pantene Shampoo & Conditioner and Olay Bodywash. 

post-281055-0-07461600-1428985311_thumb.jpg

Kids Toys - I had some fun getting a bunch of stuff for the kids at Dollarama and Dollar Tree. I got crayons, gliders, spinning tops, stickers, and kites!

post-281055-0-24278400-1428985518_thumb.jpg

Things still left to purchase for OOT Bags:

-Bandaids

-Emergen-C

-Nail Files

-Floss

-Maybe Pepto if I can find a good deal

Edited by snswedding2016
  • Like 7

Awesome job. The guests will love those. My only concern/thought is that if you hand them out in TO after they check their bag ensure all your liquids meet carry on requirements so they aren't confiscated in security!!!  (EDIT: maybe I read that wrong, for some reason I thought you were going to hand them out in the airport,but maybe not eek!)

I found my Pepto at Walmart. Came individually wrapped so bought a few boxes of 48 and everyone got 2-4 depending. Each box of 48 was around $8.50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 4

Thank ladies!! 

@@calgarybride2015 initially I was going to hand them out at the airport but then thought about the liquids. We're either going to have a small informal gathering with our Toronto guests before we leave or I'll give them out with their Christmas presents haha! If we were getting married in the summer, Sean and I would just throw a BBQ in the backyard and hand them all out. 

• Like 1

@@snswedding2016 thanks for the tip on the badge holders and wrist coils. I've been trying to find good sellers, particularly to Canada!

And your OOT bag contents are great! I'm sure all of their sales are consistent across the country, London drugs has Emergen-c on sale for $10.99 and there's a $5 off coupon on the emergen-c website. I was going to go today to try to see if the coupon works on top of the sale. I'll keep you posted!

• Like 4

@@Wafflesmom @

Thanks sooo much for sharing this!  How amazing is this forum?  I can't even imagine planning this wedding without this forum.  I would be left with no friends if I only had them to go back and forth with these things.  lol  Nobody really cares as much as we do!!  I'm so excited to use my coupon!  Thank you ladies! ;)

• Like 3

Thanks @! So the coupon works on top of the sale price? Were you able to use two coupons two but two boxes at the same time? Or did you have to pay for each separately?

And thank you guys for the pepto tip! I was going to buy rolls of tums but it's not the same

I agree @@veryvalentine, this forum is awesome!!!

• Like 1