Photo

Snswedding2016 Planning Thread - Jan 9 2016 (Azul Fives)

• Please log in to reply
538 replies to this topic

#211 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:34 PM

@acw271011 It was great meeting you too!! I really hope we can arrange for another get together!

Thanks for all the support on the bridal party front. It's all coming together and we had a great day today even though we were missing one. There has been more bridal party drama with the one that is no longer a bridesmaid due to her planning on getting pregnant....but that's a much longer story for another day. 

I hope we maintain our numbers too!! Fingers crossed!

I will definitely give a full report on AF when we return at the end of Sept. I'm so excited to go!  :)

My other MOH has her dress now!! Yay!! This is one of my best friend's who has just given birth in June so she was waiting until the end of summer to look for a dress. She was nervous - she gets easily overwhelmed by this kind of shopping but luckily she found some great options and picked one today! 

Attached File  Maria's dress.JPG   53.79KB   8 downloads

I love it - it's really pretty with nice detail on the back. My MOH likes it and looks great in it and I can tell she feels comfortable in it so I'm so happy that she has her dress now!

I also picked up swatches from david's of the palette although the malibu doesn't look at all like it does on dresses for some reason.

Attached File  IMG_6583.JPG   85.45KB   8 downloads

Malibu is the one on the far right but on dresses it looks like this (all the dresses in the store looked like this blue):

Attached File  Jenn's dress.JPG   49.11KB   8 downloads

This is also my other bridesmaid's dress 

We have one more bridesmaid to order her dress but she's the one whose dad isn't doing so well. I'm a little nervous that she doesn't have hers yet but I know it will all work itself out. The dress my MOH ordered today will come in by the latest on Dec 6th (which is a bit close to the wedding but should be fine). 

Post-reception dress: I've been debating on getting a second dress to wear after the reception. Our reception will be in the garden until 10pm and then after we'll be heading to the bar/lounge for more dancing. I have been thinking about changing into a short dress. I found a really cute Marilyn Monroe inspired dress and it was only $100.

Attached File  IMG_6597.PNG   251.07KB   8 downloads

To finish up the day we went to see Magic Mike XXL - hehe...there was a lot of giggling! :P

Edited by snswedding2016, 16 August 2015 - 08:51 PM.

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#212 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:01 PM

Both dresses are gorgeous!! I absolutely LOVE the bridesmaid dress with the ruffle down the back! That's so pretty!! Your after dress is beautiful and is perfect for later in the evening! Malibu is the colour I'm using too, along with Begonia which is the hot pink or fuchsia. But yes, I find sometimes the colours just don't match up with the samples.

I'm glad your day out went well. And giggling at Magic Mike is a good sign! Will definitely have to check it out!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#213 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:16 AM

Glad the day went well. All the dresses are lovely. You'll find with David's Bridal they don't seem to match because the swatch is satin and most of the dresses are chiffon! That was my experience anyways.

Hopefully not to much drama from the ex bridal party member :/

Her dress should come in waaaaay before December :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#214 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:28 AM

Ah thats so wonderful! I love the MOH dress! Its so sleek and elegant! I think it will look great when all the bridesmaids are together! I'm sure your bridal party day on Sunday was lots of fun! I have still yet to see Magic Mike XXL! I should maybe watch that soon :P 

Your reception dress is also super adorable. I can see that suiting you! I'm sure it will be really easy and comfortable to dance in too so thats awesome! Congrats on the deal too! 

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#215 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:26 AM

Love the bridesmaids dresses!! Those are very beautiful choices.. I almost kick myself now for not going with the longer dresses for my girls.. they look so beautiful in that setting. Your reception dress is super cute!! I definitely see what you mean by Marilyn Monroe inspired and it's going to be so nice to dance in :D

Also, I laughed at you saying you guys were giggling over Magic Mike. My girlfriend and I went and we giggled the entire time.. like school girls hahaha. That's the perfect way to describe the reaction to that movie.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#216 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

@snswedding2016 I love the bridesmaid and MOH dresses. We're those from David's Bridal? I'm having all my bridesmaids look for cocktail length and now I'm rethinking that idea. Although I've already bought my MOH's dress and it's cocktail length so that may look weird. Your second dress is beautiful! I can't wait to see what it looks like on you.

And we watched Magic Mike XXL for work as a team building event! Well team building for female employees lol Definitely got all of us giggling like school girls lol
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#217 maybeoneday

maybeoneday
  • 204 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 14, 2015

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:49 PM

@snswedding2016 love your reception dress and your BM dresses. The colours are beautiful ☺

@Wafflesmom I want to work where you work if you watch that as a team building exercise! That is classic xx

Maybeoneday
14 /10/2015 - R R C, Mexico

Edited by maybeoneday, 17 August 2015 - 07:49 PM.

#218 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:45 PM

Thanks ladies! I'm really happy with the dresses too! I think they look beautiful will be gorgeous on my girls. 

@Wafflesmom Yes they are both from David's - I can get you the style numbers if you're interested. My last bridesmaid who still needs to get her dress is thinking cocktail length and I'm also worried it might look weird since everyone chose long. I initially didn't care either way thinking it would be a mix and match but the three girls ended up all choosing long! So we'll see how this plays out...

Also amazing that your work had a team building event by watching Magic Mike - Ah-mazing! ;)

@calgarybride2015 Thanks for saying that - I am hoping it comes in before December. The A type personality in me needs it - haha!

As for the ex bridal party member, I hope there isn't any more drama that comes of this. I feel like I did my part and was forth coming and honest about how I felt and gave her the opportunity to be honest with me and thought she was. Apparently she was being passive aggressive and feels hurt but has said nothing to me about it. I feel like I can't do anymore than what I have already done. If she doesn't have the balls to come talk to me than I really don't need her as a friend. I hate that that sounds harsh but I really don't have time to play games when I held up my end of the bargain. 

@perianjay yup that was me and one of my MOHs....giggling non stop. I wish some of the other girls could have been there with us to see it, it would have been the perfect bridesmaid outing but it was still really fun regardless! haha!

event.png

#219 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:29 AM

@snswedding2016 I only have one bridesmaid left who hasn't picked a dress. The other 3 are wearing cocktail length so it may look weird right? I may take your idea of watching Magic Mike with my bridal enterouage. I'll take a second showing of it anytime lol

And I think you handled your friend well. You were open with her and voiced your concerns. If she doesn't want to reciprocate by not talking to you about it, well that's all on her. I agree that you don't owe her anymore!
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#220 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:56 AM

@Wafflesmom It might be ok, it would be better if it was for your MOH -that way it would make her stand out a little more.

Definitely go for a second viewing with your girls - it would be so much fun!

Thanks for the support! I really appreciate it! This is also someone who said 5 years ago when she got married that anyone at 'our' age who isn't married or isn't getting married is a little pathetic (not that age matters but I was 25 at the time ...like really?!? Who says that?). My other friend and I were newly single....that was the start of her clearly pushing us away. The more I think about it I wonder how we've stayed friends this long...

event.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users