Photo

Snswedding2016 Planning Thread - Jan 9 2016 (Azul Fives)

• Please log in to reply
538 replies to this topic

#121 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:32 AM

@snswedding2016 we've found some great vintage books at value village. you've checked there? my gf also said she found a place in Hamilton where you can get them for $1. I did a quick google search and couldn't find the name of the place. If you'd go to Hamilton, reply back and I'll get the name for you. I'm 99% sure she said that was to buy, not rent.

It's all coming together beautifully :)

Are you doing a card holder? HomeSense has some great vintage items that could work well!

#122 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

I'm just catching up with your thread. I'm loving all you've planned so far. Those centerpieces will look so good! How about heading to a library in town? sometimes they're getting rid of old books and just give them away for free. I know I've gotten a few books from the University library like that, or even professors who are getting rid of books. 

I think your bridesmaids will love the clutches :). I found the idea too late about having clutches instead of bouquets, but I totally would have done that, and they're more practical too! 

event.png

#123 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:20 PM

@ashhtayy @TinkerSofi thanks for the great ideas for my vintage book hunting!! I'm going to have to check those options out this week!

I really love the clutches too! I'm really happy with how they turned out. I kinda wish I got one for myself. I could take my cousin's who is not able to be at the wedding anymore‚Ķbut it has her name inside lol.  ;) I might just give her the clutch anyway because I already made it with her name in it.

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#124 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:39 AM

@snswedding2016 Omg your wedding planning is amazing! I feel so unpreparred now that i've read through your thread :o I thought I was organized but you are super organized and on the ball! Good for you. All of your ideas, plans, decorations, colors, etc are so beautiful! Congrats on everything. BTW I absolutely love your engagement story. So adorable and romantic! Looks like you've found a keeper :)

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#125 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:55 AM

@yycbride2016 Thanks so much!!! That actually makes me feel a lot better, I feel like I've been really slacking off in the wedding planning department this week! Work is getting super busy and I can see the time slipping away from me. 

Sean and I are thinking of trying to get back to our treehouse getaway sometime this summer! I would love to go back to our proposal spot - hope it happens!  :)

event.png

#126 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:38 AM

@snswedding2016

Yeah definately don't worry. You still have 7 months till your big day! You've got your dress and destiantion and groom. What else do you need! haha. I dont even have a dress yet and I get married in February 2016. I'm still working on my bridemsaids dress struggle :(

I think that would be so cute to go back to the proposal spot. You should do it every year on the anniversary of your engagment! Would be so amazing.

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#127 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:42 AM

@yycbride2016 don't feel bad. I have less time until mine and I also don't have my dress. I originally bought a dress and it turned out not working out for me and now i'm trying to sell it. It could be worse! haha

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#128 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:23 AM

@yycbride2016 it's true that's what Sean and I keep say. As long as the two of us are on that beach, we'll be just fine!  :)

That would be such a nice tradition to go back every year to the treehouse and it works out because he proposed on the week of my birthday so we can time it to celebrate both every year! ha!  :D

@perianjay how goes the selling of your dress? I think you mentioned on your thread that you had some potential buyers. I hoped it worked out. Your dress is so beautiful I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to buy it and then you can focus on finding the dress of your dreams!

Mini Update

Like I've mentioned I feel like I've really been slacking off in my wedding planning so I don't have too many updates. 

Sarongs  - I bought sarongs for my bridesmaids to add to their gift and they arrived today!! I found them super cheap online from aliexpress. They had good reviews and opening the packages up today, I'm very happy with them. They are exactly as described and pretty good quality. Since they were being shipped from China I wasn't expecting them for a while. They say to expect 35-45 days for shipping, so for those who are interested in ordering from them, just make sure you have enough time to receive your order before your wedding. They actually arrived in 2 1/2 weeks so I was really impressed with the delivery time. 

Attached File  IMG_6068.PNG   159.36KB   8 downloads

Bridesmaid dresses - My cousin has been sending me options for her bridesmaid dress. I've left it up to my girls to pick their own dress to match our colour palette. I love that she's including me as she's in Edmonton and we don't get to see each other very often, this is nice way to have her in on the planning! Here are the options she's considering:

Attached File  IMG_6070.PNG   348.98KB   8 downloads

This one isn't her first choice but it is the best price 

Attached File  IMG_6069.PNG   264.35KB   8 downloads

These are the other two options. So far we like the one on the right a lot more. It's the Vera Wang bridesmaid dress at David's Bridal. 

She's using her bridesmaid dress at another DW she has in the fall (in Palm Springs) so at least she gets another use out of it so I told her if she likes the Vera Wang the most she shouldn't feel bad about splurging a little. I also told her that I like all of the options and I'm happy with whatever one she chooses. She is going to take pics at her appointment as it's hard to tell the true colour of the dresses from the online images. For example the two dresses in the second photo are supposed to be the same colour but it could be the fabric making them look different or the online image.

Resort - I had a great conversation with one of the WCs (not my assigned one unfortunately) at AF. She was so nice and really helpful. It really seemed like she was genuinely interested in the vision of our wedding and was offering her opinions on what direction I could go in. She didn't try to 'up-sell' me on any extras and it was really refreshing to talk to someone from the resort with that attitude.  :)

event.png

#129 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:28 AM

I really like the bridesmaid dresses and I agree that the Vera wang one looks amazing :). At least she'll get to wear it twice!

Don't feel bad about slacking. I've had many weeks like that and still feel that I'm in pretty good shape planning-wise. That's the beauty of having so much time to plan haha. Talking about time slipping through, this last month has flown by for me! Today I caught myself thinking "yeah, next year when we get married" and then I was like "hold on, it's only in 2 months and a half away!" this was my inside face hahah

I'm happy that you had a good chat with a WC :). I find I might be always on the defensive when I call because I always call when there's a problem lol. They probably think I'm the psycho bride, which I'm really not haha. I should try and call just to chat .

I really liked my first WC but for some reason I don't seem to have the same connection with the new one. I always have to tell her about mistakes on my summary sheet, etc. the old WC was so on too of everything. Oh well, at the end of the day things are still getting done and that's all that matters.

What did she tell you about the venues? Did she tempt you to change your mind about any of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

#130 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:47 AM

@TinkerSofi haha your inside face! It's soooooo close for you!! I can't wait to see all the photos from your wedding! I know what you mean I just realized I've now been engaged just as long as the remaining time until my wedding - woah! crazy!

I totally would have lost it too if I had the same conversation you did about your photo booth. I didn't really have anything majorly pressing when I called so I think that made it easier. I was waiting to hear back about the availability of the terrace. Ivis said that my group would fit on the terrace to have our ceremony there but she was checking with the hotel about our date and time. When I called and spoke to Maribel she said our group size was a bit big and normally they only have groups of 30 on the terrace. I told her that was what I thought but she could look through my email correspondence and check that I asked Ivis twice to make sure that our numbers would be ok and she confirmed yes. Maribel said she would look into it further and that we could probably fit but it might be a bit tight. We got chatting and she asked me what we were really looking for for our ceremony. She admitted she didn't like the new beachfront structure as well - haha!! I loved when she said that. I told her that the beach was what we initially wanted and that the privacy wasn't a huge deal at first but the more we heard from other people that we started to get a bit worried. She said that with our wedding date being at a slower time of the year (just after the holidays) and our ceremony time being late in the day that most people at the hotel will be getting ready for dinner. She said there may be the odd person that will try and get that last ray of sun but that the hotel is really good at keeping people away from the ceremony area (moving the beach chairs etc). Maribel also mentioned that her favourite gazebo is the one on the beach and that she really likes the entrance the bride and bridal party makes at that location. She started to make me rethink the whole thing. I told her the sky deck would be beautiful but that it just doesn't fit in our budget. She totally understood and never pushed the premium locations which I was really surprised about. 

So now I'm going to wait and see about the terrace to see if it is available and if it is then we'll have to decide which way we want to go. I think we've agreed to wait until the BDR to make the final call. I know the beach is a really unpopular ceremony choice at Azul Fives but if the beach is clear of people I'm okay with others hanging out in the pool watching (that doesn't bother me so much). We did initially really want that beach ceremony feel so we may end up sticking to our original plan. I'm really glad we're going in Sept now to see it all in person. 

I 100% agree with you about our new WC, my first one (Lynda) was amazing and I miss her! She should be returning in July so I'm going to try and request to be transferred back. 

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users