Snswedding2016 Planning Thread - Jan 9 2016 (Azul Fives)

Thanks everyone!! I really love my wedding band...I keep wanting to wear it and then realize we're not actually married yet. haha!

@ I'm definitely in the lull for sure. I might send you a message about some of my paper items after I come back from my site visit or maybe we can chat at the brides meet up about it. If you're up for it - I'd love to use your etsy site for my menu, itinerary etc.  :)

@@deecol I'm excited for the GTA meet up as well - can't wait to swap planning stories and ideas!

@@acw271011 I know!! I can't believe it is here as well. It feels like I just booked it and that it was so far away. Our big days will be here before we know it! 

• Like 3

Sean's Wedding Band 

I knew Sean would take a while to decide on his ring. Like me, he never wears jewelry. I was pretty sure he wouldn't pick a gold band just because it didn't feel like him. He tried a bunch on and like I thought he didn't think they were the right look for him. He was naturally more interested in the tungsten, cobalt, titanium rings. We thought we might get his ring at the jeweller where my engagement ring and wedding band is from but we realized they only have gold bands for men to choose from. We ended up getting Sean's ring at European Jewellers and purchased a tungsten band. Although it can't be resized, the price of the ring was way under budget that we agreed that if the time came where he needed it resized that we would just get a new one! Lucky guy! ;) Sean being the science geek that he is, loves that tungsten has the highest melting point of all the elements, is scratch resistant, it translates to mean "heavy stone" and that it is also referred to as Wolfram. Little tidbits about the metal that make him love it more.  :)

Here is the ring:

post-281055-0-89156100-1442815757_thumb.jpg

Last minute bookings: 

We have a couple who called, emailed and texted us frantically to as us the details of our wedding so that they can book. They wanted to know the dates, the resort and our TA's contact info....umm we did send out invitations with all of this info last NOVEMBER. sigh! The kicker is that they want to know if our TA can get them a "good deal" despite the fact that they are booking 3 1/2 months before the wedding AND want a 2 bedroom suite. I just don't understand people sometimes. They are also complaining about our flight times - it's a package deal you take it or leave it! They asked us where our honeymoon resort is and what the name of it is because they are thinking of staying longer than the 7 days. Yea...so not telling them the name of the resort. The last thing I want is to hang out with guests that basically invited themselves on my honeymoon. I'm kinda hoping that the price will be too outrageous and they don't come but know murphy's law, they will be there regardless.

We leave this coming Sunday morning!!!! I can't believe it! I know this isn't our wedding but I'm still so excited to finally see everything in person! For all of the fellow Azul Fives brides out there - let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try and get them answered for you.

I'm sure I'll have lots of updates very soon! :)  

• Like 6

His ring is fantastic. This tungsten style is really hot for men right now. Def gives them something different that suites their styles.

I all to well know the last minute bookings and such,

I think we all do. Good luck!!! Hahaha and yes don't give them your honeymoon resort :)

Ps - I've been doing research for early January for our one year anniversary trip and the first couple weeks of jan are NOT cheap so wonder what your TA can come up with. Hehe maybe she can help us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 3

I love Sean's ring! Isn't it funny how the men take longer to decide on rings?

I can't believe that couple would ask for so much and try to get a good deal. And to invite themselves to your honeymoon, who would do that? Good call on not telling them lol

And have a great time at your site visit! I wish I could have done that but it wasn't within our budget :(

• Like 1

I can't believe that it's all so close now!! I would love to be going back to AF this weekend haha. I'd even take the BDR deal even if it's just to go there for a couple of days, even if my wedding is done haha. 

I can't believe about those people. Also, one thing is for them to be like "Oh I want to come last minute" another is to invite themselves to your honeymoon haha. I just can't believe someone would ask that lol. 

I remember for the very last minute people I just told them to contact our TA and make their own plans. I was done mediating between people. I also told them that they had until XXX date to make a decision because I needed to pay everything and finalize numbers. I remember the person who caused us all this trouble at the very end  (leaving his brother alone in the room, cancelling 12hrs before the final deadline, making us pay an extra $500, etc), well, one week before the wedding he's like "Oh I might still come". I think you could totally see my eye twitching when he said that bahaha. I just told him that it was too late and I couldn't change my numbers anymore. Some people, seriously. 

Edited by TinkerSofi
  • Like 4

@@calgarybride2015 your comment made me laugh really loudly at my desk at work!!

Thanks ladies for the support! I know this couple is really annoying me. Our cut off day is in a couple of weeks but I was really tempted to tell them it has passed!  ;) Sean talked me down and reassured me that we probably won't even notice them on the trip. I felt guilty but the more they make their demands the less I want them to be there. I'm sure this is just the start of the last leg of the drama as our final payment deadline is coming up next month!! Eek! Fingers crossed it will go as smoothly as it can be! 

@@TinkerSofi you should totally come to the BDR this weekend!!!! pretend you're planning a renewal next year ;)! We can have drinks together on the beach in Mexico!!

• Like 1

I know right?! 

Our flights changed since we've booked - the dates are the same, which I'm so thankful for but the times are later. I've been getting a lot of "Is that really the time of the new flight...it kinda sucks because it's cutting into our vacation". I totally get it I'm slightly annoyed too but I can't do anything to change the time back. I would love to maximize our vacation time but I don't control the flight schedules!

• Like 1