Snswedding2016 Planning Thread - Jan 9 2016 (Azul Fives)

@@snswedding2016

Your reception location is gorgeous! I'm almost a little jeaous I didn't pick something more like that too. I think it will be an amazing setting for your theme and everything you've already planned. I also love those vow book! Super cute!

I feel you on the passport holders. I had the same dilemma with luggage tags haha. Such trivial things we get caught up on. I saw these mr. and mrs. luggage tags at Michales but I think they wer $18 and I just coudn't justify spending that on something that wasn't necessary.

• Like 2

I love the spot for your reception..I think it looks perfect! It's also a score that you can use the trees to hang the lights from. One of the reasons I didn't do string lights was because all decor companies wanted to charge me $500 for tensors to hold them (our location has no trees or anything 'pole like').

Love the books and the passport covers! I need to get into an indigo. They always have such cute things!

Wow! $500!!! :blink: I don't blame you for not going for string lights either. Azul Fives charges $50 per pole which is still crazy but not as crazy as $500! I'm glad we can just hang them from the trees now, which will save us a little on the set up costs. 

I feel like I just wander into the indigo anytime I'm near one and I always find stuff I want but don't need. haha!

• Like 2

@@yycbride2016 Thanks! I'm loving the new look of the garden and Sean loves it too!!

I'm still thinking about the passport holders and resisting the urge to go back to Indigo...

@ I think the bamboo poles with Chinese lanterns will look beautiful!! :) I think I've seen them in other palace bride threads and love them!

Edited by snswedding2016
  • Like 2

I actually love the look of stamped concrete and I love that you're now able to take advantage of the change and have your dance floor in the middle. That's why we wanted to do a terrace, it saves on cost in terms of not having to rent a dance floor!

And Oh my, you're making me want to go to chapters right after work. Those vow books are beautiful and go well with your theme. Hmm, must resist temptation lol

• Like 3

@@snswedding2016 thanks again for posting the chair dimensions - so helpful!

adorable vow books. i'm starting to feel like i jumped the gun a bit on ours. i LOVE them but i wish i had her write "Ashley's Speech" instead of "Ashley's Vows" (Michael's Speech instead of Michael's Vows). the more and more i think about it i don't know if we will write our own vows. oh well - cute picture regardless and i can always put our speeches in there too :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hiiii !  I wanted to let you know that I checked out Terre Bleu.  Did you have your photoshoot there yet?  We went yesterday just to get away a little.  Such a beautiful place and a well run family business.  We took the tour and learned soooo much.  Great place for your engagement shots!  Can't wait to see them ;)   

we took a few pics, the field isn't quite purple, purple like in the pictures from last year on their website but i'm sure it happens more towards the end of August :)

post-277519-0-93163300-1438706437_thumb.jpg

post-277519-0-08888100-1438706455_thumb.jpg

post-277519-0-29985900-1438706466_thumb.jpg

thanks to you we were able to learn about this amazing venue! ;) 

Cheers

• Like 7

@@veryvalentine That's awesome! So glad you guys were able to check it out. What time were you there yesterday? We had out photoshoot just after the farm closed. We were there from 5-8pm. Funny - I was just about to post some pics because my photographer and friend is amazing and she's already worked on them! I'll be posting shortly with an update.

Did you get any of the lavender lemonade or lavender ice cream - we saw the sign and wished the store was still open! haha

• Like 3

@@snswedding2016  Awww no way!!!!  What a small world.  We were there from about 2:30 until about just after close at 4pm.

We had the lavender lemonade and it was amazing!!  It's such a beautiful place.  I also bought their essential oil.  The ice cream was sold out so we didn't get to try it.  

So crazy that you were there yesterday too!!  I cannot wait to see your shots.  Please tag me so that I can see them.

Ahhhh amazing! 

• Like 2

Absolutely!  It is worth a second trip!!  Their last weekend of operations is Labour day weekend and then they reopen for a Thanksgiving event and Christmas event which would be so cute.  Makes me want to be a farmer.  haha 

• Like 2