275 replies to this topic

#81 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

@beckys98 definitely open up a review thread after it's all said and done! I want to hear and see how everything went :)

Agreed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#82 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:03 AM

Update!

Officially booked my officiant (my parents neighbour....haha) for my legal wedding!

Marriage Licence cost $50.00

Officiant cost $100.00

Legally married on my Dad's Dock with my Nan as my witness...priceless...lol

81 Days    2hrs 5mins Until the legal the legal stuff in Newfoundland

199 Days  21hrs 4min Until we leave for Punta Cana

204 Days 1hour 3 mins Until We GET MARRIED!!!

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#83 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:36 AM

@Meandhim I'll get to meet you when you get my dress bag!! lol You'll be so close to your wedding by then!!!

Good lord in heaven. Two weeks of overtime and I'm so far behind!!!

First of all @beckys98 what a sweet thing to do!! How cool is that!

@calgarybride2015  Now you know why I'm still here!! I love watching everyone go through all of their planning and seeing their reviews after their big day! You ladies become like my own children! lol It's just a fluke after everything Doug and I have been through that we're going to renew our vows and this is where I came back to for ideas and suggestions!

@Meandhim  Your thread is really coming along nicely! you've pulled so many of your details together already! And I totally agree - you should absolutely do an Etsy store!!! Why the heck not???

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#84 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

Nice!! That's awesome :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#85 diadiamond

diadiamond
  • 242 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Varadero
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:49 AM

@Meandhim I love your story.  My condolences to you, your FI, and  your family.  I'm happy that things worked out for you in the end.  Your nan is a very strong woman!  I've always wanted to go to Newfoundland and I love people from the East coast everyone I've met from out East is so friendly.  

I've also has some challenges in my wedding planning as well and had to change my date too.  Until now I thought that I was the only bride that didn't have a smooth planning experience. 

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#86 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:08 PM

Hey!  I'm just catching up on your thread.  I like what you are going to do with the little "messages in a bottle"  we are doing the table number idea with them.  they are so cute and inexpensive.

I was reading your post where you asked if it was normal that your names aren't on your favours etc etc...and I'm sort of on the same boat. 

So we've been trying to avoid the cheesy "name and date and blah blah" because it's mostly Important to us but not necessarily to everyone else to have every item stamped with our info.

Our welcome bags have a design we made with our hashtag and that's it, we  have a label for our chapsticks that has just the hashtag, our door hangers only have the hashtag, the maracas have a tag attached that say our names but that's removable.  Essentially we really tried to be cool and just have the hashtag....but then my dad, who is close to 75 now, decided to "help out" with the wedding.  he he.  One day out of the blue he asked for a picture of me and my fi...so I sent him one...before I knew it, a few days later he send me a picture of a mug with that same picture, and it says "a Souvenir from the wedding of Rebecca & Alonso, June 20th, 2015" in spanish  lol  So my dad had like 40 mugs made with our pictures on them.  I feel like it's soooo cheesy but I can't hurt his feelings and it's actually just kinda cute.  I've told my close friends and now it's just a giggle...

so ya, I totally get where you are coming from...I really tried to keep it chill with the whole wedding branding but now I have 40 mugs with my face on them.  hhahahah

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#87 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:03 PM

@acw271011
Yay! Can't wait to meet you :) thanks for the compliment but I still feel like I'm very behind in planning.

@perianjay Thanks :)

@diadiamond

Thank you, I find no one really writes about how crappy planning can be sometimes...lol...I'm sure some people are screaming blasphemy! At me right now...ha! I'm sorry to hear you were having challenges with your planning too, it sucks! I'm Glad to hear you are back on track now. I am of the mind that everything happens for a reason so maybe it's all for the best. I hope that your planning is much smoother from here on in! I can't wait to hear about it :)

@veryvalentine
I just love the bottles... I'm going to try to make a trial one this weekend... See how it goes :)

Lol love that your dad got you the mugs so funny! It's really cute! It's cheesy but it's now a "wedding story" which is so awesome! You'll look at that mug in 10years and it will still make you laugh I bet!

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#88 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:06 PM

Hey!  I'm just catching up on your thread.  I like what you are going to do with the little "messages in a bottle"  we are doing the table number idea with them.  they are so cute and inexpensive.

I was reading your post where you asked if it was normal that your names aren't on your favours etc etc...and I'm sort of on the same boat. 

So we've been trying to avoid the cheesy "name and date and blah blah" because it's mostly Important to us but not necessarily to everyone else to have every item stamped with our info.

Our welcome bags have a design we made with our hashtag and that's it, we  have a label for our chapsticks that has just the hashtag, our door hangers only have the hashtag, the maracas have a tag attached that say our names but that's removable.  Essentially we really tried to be cool and just have the hashtag....but then my dad, who is close to 75 now, decided to "help out" with the wedding.  he he.  One day out of the blue he asked for a picture of me and my fi...so I sent him one...before I knew it, a few days later he send me a picture of a mug with that same picture, and it says "a Souvenir from the wedding of Rebecca & Alonso, June 20th, 2015" in spanish  lol  So my dad had like 40 mugs made with our pictures on them.  I feel like it's soooo cheesy but I can't hurt his feelings and it's actually just kinda cute.  I've told my close friends and now it's just a giggle...

so ya, I totally get where you are coming from...I really tried to keep it chill with the whole wedding branding but now I have 40 mugs with my face on them.  hhahahah

Now this will sound really cheesy and I'm sorry but what your dad did brought tears to my eyes! lol As a mom of grown kids with grandchildren.... it's hard sometimes to communicate to your kids what events in their lives mean to you. I bawled my eyes out when 2 got married, one of which I actually had NO KLEENEX! And the pictures look horrible because I'm all red eyed and stupid. lol But the thing is what your dad did is exactly the kind of thing I would do!! And yeah my kids would have the same reaction lol

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#89 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:26 PM

Aww your dads gesture is so cute!! It melts my heart. My parents are the kind who would totally do that haha and I love them for it because it means the world to me

event.png

#90 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:27 PM

Aww your dads gesture is so cute!! It melts my heart. My parents are the kind who would totally do that haha and I love them for it because it means the world to me

I agree!

My mom would be the one in a shirt with our picture on it hehehe!

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users