275 replies to this topic

#211 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:32 AM

I'm happy got hear about your Nan! :) those are great news :) 

I love the idea of having a "meet the guests" book. We didn't have one but most already knew each other, even if they had only seen each other once or twice :) 

event.png

#212 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:18 PM

@Wafflesmom @calgarybride2015 @yycbride2016 @maybeoneday

Thanks Ladies! Yikes...I guess I better get on top of the whole dress alts situation! Ok that's now on the list for this week!

I got the idea for my boutonnières at Ted Baker London... We went in there looking for a vest for my FI months ago and they had these fly boutonnières on some of the jackets. My FI thought it was awesome because he loves fishing and he asked if we could do that for the wedding. I started looking around on etsy for some. When I was home in July my friends dad had made her a pair of fly earrings so I asked home if he could make my boutonnières and he did! I think they are awesome :)

The message in a bottle was not that hard... Made 30 in about 15 mins :) I had my friend bring me back the sand from Punta Cana when she was there in April so it's the real deal :)

@calgarybride2015 could you send me the template for the guests page?... Im having trouble putting mine together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you PM me your email?

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#213 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:51 AM

@RivieraBride15 Thanks! I have made an apt with a seamstress for Sunday...fingers crossed it goes well :) She came Highly recommend from The Brides Project.

@TinkerSofi Thanks! You are so lucky that everyone knew each other! All my friends and family know each other and same with the FI's but the two sides have never met together...we don't live close to any of our family or close friends  so we've never had an occasion / party / event to bring everyone together ...My parents met the FI's parents three times...maybe. So I'm hoping this will bring the two sides together a bit faster...since we only have a week together :)

@calgarybride2015 Pm'ing you right now!

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#214 RivieraBride15

RivieraBride15
  • 97 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationScranton, PA

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:04 AM

@Meandhim

We both go Sunday! You asked me awhile back if I had a planning thread.  I started a small one if you want to see some pics :) http://www.bestdesti...-thread-102715/

#215 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:31 PM

Amazing news about your Nan!!!  So happy to hear! 

All your updates look amazing!  I was thinking about a Meet the Guestsbook too - will you update us on the response and if you think it's worth doing?

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#216 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:47 PM

@Meandhim That's great news about your nan. Happy to hear she's improving.

You're another bride that is so crafty! Wow! Everything is really great. Love the meet everyone idea. It makes it very personal for sure. And the message bottles - totally cute!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#217 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:54 PM

@RivieraBride15 my dress alteration meeting went well, waiting on your fitted dress pics :)

@deecol thanks! So I took those pictures and I made an album on my secret Facebook page I made for my wedding...everyone Loved it!!!.. I wrote little things about them under the picture, so they could get to know each other a little bit. I'm also doing a small paper version for the welcome bag with just the names and a space to write the room number guest book phone book :)

@acw271011 Thanks!!

So it's just 60 days til we leave for Punta Cana I've almost got all my physical To Do things done Yay... Just a few more little things to finish up :). Then I just have the email / appointment/ list kind of things left....

Tonight I finished my tags for my welcome bags :)
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442969621.874837.jpg   449.76KB   7 downloads

I kinda like that the letters aren't perfect:) lol

event.png

#218 RivieraBride15

RivieraBride15
  • 97 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationScranton, PA

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:24 AM

@Meandhim

So good to hear!  My second fitting didn't go as well as I had hoped for so we didn't take pics this time.  My next one is October 7th.  Hope they get it right soon, I am under the 5 week mark now!!

#219 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:55 AM

Cute tags!!!! I actually did something similar too but I don't have those awesome welcome stamps. . those look so good!!

I used the same type of stamps for the names too and mine are extremely far from perfect haha.. there's even some where I accidentally stamped too hard and the outline made an ink impression. ahhh well.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#220 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:02 PM

@RivieraBride15 Sorry to hear that!! I'm sure it will be all fixed on the next go round though

@perianjay I got the Welcome stamp on the weekend at MIcheals. It was  group of Stamps that came in a Plastic mason jar with the Eifle Tower on the top....there were some fun stamps in there....wish I had found it earlier!! I've some of those "press too hard" things going on too! I just have the best ones in the picture hahahaha! I got the tags at staples. I wanna see yours, I'm sure they are fantastic and will blow mine out of the water....everything you make is awesome!

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users