275 replies to this topic

#151 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
  • 670 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:58 PM

@Meandhim Love how you roll with the punches, lady! Congrats on the official marriage! Hopefully you got all of the travel drama out of the way this time so you won't get hit with it for your big trip.  :D

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#152 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:26 AM

@Meandhim I just read your legal ceremony post and foremost, congratulations! Secondly, that's a crazy story but at least it makes it so memorable. You'll definitely have the most original story lol

I love your perseverance throughout it all and how you managed to keep relatively calm is beyond me. I definitely give you props, especially with the garment bag idea lol. I'm just glad that in the end it turned out well. Hopefully the airline hassles are done and you'll have smooth sailing (well flight) to Punta Cana :)
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#153 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:27 AM

@veryvalentine

I was just saying to my bridesmaid that I feel like I should wear a Bride sash to the airport so I can get some special treatment! lol!

@acw271011

Having the bag definitely helped at the airport!

@vancouverpetunia

Thank you! I hope I'm done with the travel trouble for good!

@Wafflesmom

Thank you! It's definitely a story! I'm not sure if its the most original...but its mine...maybe the way I retracted is a little abnormal...

When uncontrollable things happen you have to move on...try to see the funny side, the Irony, whatever it is that you can use to turn it in to the stories that make up your life...it's always your choice if it is a positive story or a negative story...I'd rather look back and laugh. I will say its not always easy but it's always worth it.

I'm generally a calm person...I avoid confrontation like the plague, I find it's just not worth my time...I say god help the person that actually makes me mad enough to confront them! My FI is the hot head...he loses his SH*T over the most random things...so maybe that's why we are a good balance :)

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#154 maybeoneday

maybeoneday
  • 204 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 14, 2015

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:55 PM

@Meandhim Love your thread! Your legal ceremony story sounds like something that would happen to me! Love how you never let it get you down and carried on! I would have been in tears and probably called it off! Love your persistence ☺

Your FI sounds like mine! Definitely a good combination xx

Maybeoneday
14 /10/2015 - R R C, Mexico

#155 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:57 PM

You sound like my fiancé who's always the calm and logical one. He always says that there's no point stressing about something that has already happened and to just calmly find a solution. I'm more like your fiancé, I'm reactive and can be pretty bitchy lol
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#156 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:21 AM

@maybeoneday

@Wafflesmom

Lol! I'm just like your fiancé! I tell my FI that ALL the time!! Gets on his last nerve I think sometimes! You and your FI must make a good match too :) balances out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

#157 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:18 PM

Ok checked some things of my to do list today ....

1. Punched my door hangers :)

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440278903.391208.jpg   394.2KB   6 downloads

Just look how my holes line up! I'm so proud!! Lol!

This is how they hang

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440278938.090053.jpg   311.32KB   6 downloads

If the resort has regular door knobs I will just cut a slit on the side to accommodate.

@acw271011 @perianjay

I also got my I Spy game printed...

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440280019.922321.jpg   331.14KB   6 downloads

On the back of the I Spy game is how to share the pics with us

I also have my bags...everything was printed at Vistaprint

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440280132.239202.jpg   335.13KB   7 downloads

I figured out what I am doing with my cake... I get a two tier with my package so it probably won't be this tall but that's ok

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440281163.919742.jpg   337.98KB   6 downloads

I ordered the starfish from coconut beach on Esty and I bought the gold ribbon at Micheals...its champagne gold... I found the inspiration pic on Pinterest

I found a box for our cards at homesense ... I bought these round white tags at Micheals along with the glitter stickers letters and the twine...now I just gotta figure out how I'm going to attach it. I think I'm also going to put ribbons on the sides to keep the box from opening all the way

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440281925.655607.jpg   412.91KB   6 downloads

Edited by Meandhim, 22 August 2015 - 01:32 PM.

event.png

#158 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:44 PM

Everything looks great!!! The door hangers are perfect! I like how you've tied the theme together!

Are you planning to be at the BDW meet on Oct 2nd? If so, I'll borrow the hole punch for the door hangers then if it's ok. I don't have many to do - just 10. I'd be able to get it right back to you. I was going to have them printed today at Staples but wasn't feeling well so might try and get them done tomorrow.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#159 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:37 AM

@acw271011

Thanks... Yes I am and yes you can :)

event.png

#160 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:50 AM

Ahh your stuff is so amazing! I love the door hangers. I might just have to make some myself since I don't have very many guests! I love the idea and they are so cute. Well done.

The I spy game is such a great idea! I wanted to make a mad libs game for our guests to play but I couldn't get it right for some reason. Good thinking though! I'm sure your guests will have so much fun with that!

I love your cake idea! I pinned that cake too since my theme is starfish! I am considering using my real starfish on my cake because the fake ones seem so expensive.

I also love your card box. So many people have one and I never really considered it. For like 24 people I'm not sure I need it. But maybe for my at home reception. I've even seen some cute boxes as the dollarama! I love what you've done so far! Can't wait to see more of your creations and ideas!

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users