Meandhim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 2015

Yay to yhe good ol Newfoundlanders hahaha had to put that in there.

Hope things are going better now with your bookings and TA

• Like 1

@@Meandhim - I think I cashed in my good wedding karma this week! We are getting legally married in Jamaica and notarized copies of our passports and birth certificates are due to the resort by TOMORROW. Well, I was 100% sure I knew where my birth certificate was but when I went to grab it Monday evening it was NO WHERE to be found! I tore the whole house apart and was so upset thinking we wouldn't be able to be legally married on our wedding day and that we wouldn't be able to get married until after we got back :(

Our state capital, where the records department is, is like 3 hours away and work is so crazy right now that I cannot take a whole day off to go get it. And even a rush request by mail said it took 7 days to turn it around. I desperately called the County Clerk in the town I was born (which is also 2 hours away from where I live) on Tuesday and they told me if I mailed them the payment and form they would turn it around the same day! I included a prepaid overnight mailing label and it was delivered back to me this morning! Fortunately I was born in a small town where the County office is not very busy - I live in Chicago now and there is NO WAY you could get anything done that fast here!

So, now we can get married like planned! I'm so, so relieved and I definitely think the universe was repaying me for getting you your shoes! Hahaha :)

• Like 8

@@beckys98 OMG I'm so glad you were able to get your documents in time!!! See good Karma comes back around! Yay! Small towns are good for something's! I'm so happy you are able to get married as planned!! Just a little over a month left :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yep! We leave for Jamaica in 29 DAYS!! Sometimes that feels like a lot of days and some times it feels like no time at all - just depends on my state of panic on any given day ;)

• Like 3

@@beckys98 So EXCITING!!...but I know what you mean even though I tons of time left some-days it doesn't feel like enough! I can't even imagine being so close. I hope the rest of your planning is going smoothly :)

@@calgarybride2015 thanks! I draw all day at work so I don't consider that being crafty... You my friend ARE crazy crafty! All your DIY's were amazing and inspiring...and I'm sure you will see a few of your ideas copied here!!

I haven't completely nailed down the guestbook yet but postcards are high on the list so far thanks to you. I'm definitely making postcards but I might just put them in the welcome bags if I come up with another idea for my guest book.

I've had a ton of original ideas until I joined here and then realized someone else did it already.. Lol

As for the dresses I'm trying not to watch say yes to the dress or any other wedding show / magazine... It just sets in the doubt. I'm sure my dress is fine and once the time comes and everything is together it'll be great!

I know the 7 months are going to fly by and as I mentioned above and you can probably tell by my few posts I'm a total procrastinator! I'm terrified I'm going to have too much left til the end...current goal get legal stuff sorted SOON, before the end of April.

I used to love watching all of those wedding shows too, but ever since I booked my wedding and bought my dress I find it really hard to watch any of them because I feel like it will make me doubt myself and my decisions.

@@calgarybride2015

I guess I just feel so guilty that everyone is paying so much to go to the wedding I'm trying to limit any cost of being a bridesmaid...Being a bridesmaid can be super expensive...I'm buying their Shoes and jewellery...but there is still the dress and hair and makeup

That's a good idea to pay part of the dress...thanks!

I feel really guilty too that everyone is paying so much to go to my wedding, so I tried to limit costs for them by letting them pick their dresses, shoes, and accessories as long as the dresses are red.  I asked them if they wanted their hair done, but they said no so I believe they will also be doing their own hair and makeup as well.  Aside from cutting costs I figured that it was also a good way for each girl to show off her own style. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

*Update*

60 days to the Legal ceremony

179 Day til we travel to Punta Cana

183 days til the WEDDING!

So the panic is starting to set in...

I feel like I have nothing done!!! EEK! I had been asked by a friend which weekend I have free this summer for a group BBQ...I started to go through my calender and realised that I have almost no free weekends this summer....then I thought oh shit! How am I going to get this all done! I have things to order,  things to design and print,  and things to craft!....not to mention an apartment to clean...its kind of a wreck right now and I have guests coming to stay in 2 weeks...I haven't been on the site fully in while and now I'm seeing what people getting married after me have done so far!! My anxiety has now kicked in and I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Got a revised flight schedule back from my travel agent...This time there was just one thing wrong...My FI's mom was missing! lol! Plus there were a few flights that I'm trying to get different times to lower the stopover times for some of the guests. But I'm confident that will all be sorted soon. Not going to stress about it because there is a lot of time left for that.

Updated the budget last night...man that thing just keeps creeping up! However I am still basing all my numbers on 60 people...I currently have 44 booked in and 16 serious Maybes...so I know when the finial payments are due that I will have less than 60 and my  budget will go down :)

Plans for this week and weekend:

• Clean the Spare room, sort & organize wedding mess to make room for guests!
  • Find a vest for the FI
  • Make the message in a bottle favours...really got to do it this time...god I am such a procrastinator!
  • Make a list of things that need to be ordered online.

ok!...not too bad...I should be able to get that done...right?!

Edited by Meandhim
  • Like 3

You can do it! Trust me, I leave in 12 days and somehow you start to slowly but surely check things off! For a long while I felt like I was working on the same stuff every weekend but not actually finishing anything! And we were super busy in April (which was when we had 2 months to go) so I got really stressed. Now, I'm not as worried about the wedding as I am preparing to be off work for 2 weeks! I just don't know how that is all going to work out!

• Like 4

@@beckys98

I know you are right! I just feel like I'm spinning my wheels! I think I will start slowly like you said and make a small check list like the one I posted and just slowly get back on track!

2 WEEKS!!! AHHH! SO EXCITING! 

• Like 2

I agree. You've got plenty of time!! I'd say if you have the large things done by 3 months out and just finishing up crafts and small purchases you will be fine :) I made sure when I was 11 weekends out I did something major each weekend! Yay! Exciting though.

• Like 3