Meandhim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 2015

LOVE!!!

I enjoyed reading your thread!

I also got engaged on April 1st :) 

I am glad thru all of the things that happened to your and your family that you were able to come out the other side with a wedding date!!!  November is all that far away now, yay!!!

Your grandma is strong. Cancer is just so awful and it's enduring to hear that she is alive and kicking and well, kicking it's a$$ by the sounds of it.  

can't wait for more!  and ps - your ring is gorgeous!

• Like 2

@@calgarybride2015

thanks :) I'm glad you liked it! I hope to have a more fun planning post sometime this week!

April Fools is my favourite day of the year! I think Its a lucky day for fools in love :)

November is feeling pretty close right now!! I feel like I'm behind!!! I think I need to tackle the details for the legal ceremony first since that's coming up so soon!

My Nan does kick a$$...lol.

I love my ring! But hey I picked it out.. Haha! It actually looks a lot bigger in that picture than it is. The smaller the better for me tho ... I rarely wear jewellery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I may have said to husband 'is this an April Fool's joke? ' heheheh

Mine isn't that large either.   I told husband way way before we got engaged that I would rather spend the money on something else. That I didn't need anything large and elaborate.  Ok sure I wouldn't mind it but LOVE my ring (which in the end I also picked) and wouldn't change it for the world!! 

• Like 1

Oh I am so glad you started your thread. I loved reading your story too. And yay another Newfoundlander in the planning process. Love it. And yes I miss the ocean also and I am also a big sook and get home sick especially when listening to the Irish Newdoundland show Sunday mornings. Haha

I cannot wait to read more of your planning. I am pretty sure we both joined this site at the same time so it's more exciting to see you getting closer to your date.

• Like 1

@@Meandhim I love your planning thread. I love your honesty, your perseverance and your love for your family.

I commend your Nan for being such a strong woman. Cancer sucks and has hit me close to home, my dad died of intestinal cancer and my mom has had breast cancer (thank God she's all clear now).

I can't wait to read more about your planning!

• Like 1

Oh I am so glad you started your thread. I loved reading your story too. And yay another Newfoundlander in the planning process. Love it. And yes I miss the ocean also and I am also a big sook and get home sick especially when listening to the Irish Newdoundland show Sunday mornings. Haha

I cannot wait to read more of your planning. I am pretty sure we both joined this site at the same time so it's more exciting to see you getting closer to your date.

We did join close to the same time and if I had kept my original date I would be leaving for punta cana in 11 days!

@@Meandhim I love your planning thread. I love your honesty, your perseverance and your love for your family.

I commend your Nan for being such a strong woman. Cancer sucks and has hit me close to home, my dad died of intestinal cancer and my mom has had breast cancer (thank God she's all clear now).

I can't wait to read more about your planning!

Thanks :) I do love my family! Sorry to hear about your dad :( and your mom! I'm a little slow with the planning so I'm hoping to have another post soon... Little more of the fun stuff :)

I may have said to husband 'is this an April Fool's joke? ' heheheh

Mine isn't that large either. I told husband way way before we got engaged that I would rather spend the money on something else. That I didn't need anything large and elaborate. Ok sure I wouldn't mind it but LOVE my ring (which in the end I also picked) and wouldn't change it for the world!!

Sometimes I think rings you pick out yourself are better... Lol... After we bought my ring He showed me the one he was going to buy... It was way more expensive, and bigger.. it was nice but I didn't love it like my ring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

So yesterday was my favourite day :) as you might know if you read my first post. It would of been my wedding day had we not postponed! It is kind of crazy to think about! I can't even imagine!

It was also a special day for @@calgarybride2015 (Happy Engagement Anniversary!) and @@snswedding2016 (Happy 4th Anniversary!) Hope you girls had a great day!

We celebrated our 9th Anniversary last night...No biggy! We grabbed a burger and went to a movie, He got me flowers and I got him my regular mushy card...our usual..lol. It certainly doesn't feel like 9 years...feels like no time! I guess that's a really good thing.

We decided last night that since next year will be our 10 year anniversary we should probably up the ante..ha! we don't have enough vacay time left to have honeymoon right after the wedding... so we will take our honeymoon around April Fools next year and celebrate our 10years while on honeymoon!.

It will be about 4 Months after our wedding in punta cana, we are thinking Negril (Sunset at the Palms) Because we loved it so much or try somewhere we have never been like St. Lucia. I would love to do Greece, or a cruise but we are thinking down south because we have never gone alone, we have always gone with a group, and we wont have a lot of money to play with after the wedding and Christmas! We are open to other ideas...any suggestions?

I swear I will post more Planning this weekend! I was doing a lot of spring cleaning and buying stuff :)...Update coming soon!

• Like 4

Yay planning thread! I have been looking forward to you starting one!

Happy Anniversary! Burger and a movie sounds like most excellent plans! 

I think your engagement story is fantastic. So cute and spontaneous!  Must be crazy though to think that yesterday was almost the day. I think its a really sweet that you'll get to do it in Newfie with the parents and grandparents. I'm picturing a cliff by the seaside for some reason! lol

Can't wait to hear about all the rest!(And steal some ideas of course!  :ph34r: )

• Like 1