Centerpieces/ Decorations/ Flowers Help!

I have ordered mine. Let me see if I have a photo of them to upload. I was initially concerned about the look of them too. I'm wrapping them though with vellum with love quotes printed on them. Similar to this:

attachicon.gifcandles.jpg

My theme for my reception is "Love Story". The candles will be wrapped with quotes, the tables numbers will be scrabble tiles and I've ordered flowers made out of old Jane Austen novels. I will also be reusing some of the small arrangements of fresh flowers from my ceremony and transferring them over to the reception. So I'm not really using flowers in the sense of large centrepieces, but there will be small floral hints within our table decor. 

I know a lot of people travel with their glass vases for their centrepieces but like you I am trying to avoid bringing breakables. 

Thanks so much! I like the idea of putting flowers from the wedding at the reception. If you have a picture of your LED candles that would be great! Thanks so much!

You could definitely travel with those as long as you bring them on carry on suitcases and well wrapped. There's also a lady over there that rents out decor so she might have what you need and you don't need to pay the outside vendor fee because you meet up with her and then bring your decor in. Search Love & Lace Wedding Decor on facebook, she has pictures there so you might be able to find what you're looking for, or talk to her about whether she can get anything like that for you. 

Just one suggestion, if your reception is outdoors, I would use LED candles so they don't keep blowing out with the wind :).

As for the flowers, the beauty is that water makes everything look better, so fake flowers will look great when under water and no one will know they're fake! :D

Yes, I did think about fake flowers! Wasnt sure how they would look but its def something to consider! I still just need to figure out the vases! I am traveling jet blue, I should figure out their baggage policy because I will probably have to dedicate one big suitcase just to decor and OOT bag stuff. Can you check a box? I am nervous about bringing a ton of stuff in one suit case because I have heard that you could get taxed if you have a lot of the same stuff (ex. stuff for OOT bags) beccuase they consider it to be a good you could sell. Someone said to spread the things out amongst bags of people in your family maybe. Anyone know about this??

I personally wouldn't be brave enough to pack all that glass in a checked bag, but you could bring it all in carry on.

Most airlines allow 2 personal items on board (so a very large bag and a roller suitcase) for each of you, so you can potentially get A LOT in carry on!!!   Also if this is what you want, ask people you are travelling with to carry some for you. 

I personally wouldn't check a box. From what I have heard and read about, those seem 'out of place' and would probably get picked thru!  I would just get the largest suitcases you can find!      You won't get taxed if you don't go over the amounts and since it is per person, you and your spouse both get it.  Bring all your receipts and wedding contract info so you can say it's for a wedding.  I had 11 bags and my dress and I didn't even get stopped.    

I'm not sure! I think it's really expensive to ship to Mexico!

I don't really know how Walmart operates for ordering online for pickup at a particular store. But I do know there's lots of Walmarts in Mexico. I'm sure you could buy what you need down there if you aren't overly particular (work with what you find).

• Like 1

Thanks so much! I like the idea of putting flowers from the wedding at the reception. If you have a picture of your LED candles that would be great! Thanks so much!

Yes, I did think about fake flowers! Wasnt sure how they would look but its def something to consider! I still just need to figure out the vases! I am traveling jet blue, I should figure out their baggage policy because I will probably have to dedicate one big suitcase just to decor and OOT bag stuff. Can you check a box? I am nervous about bringing a ton of stuff in one suit case because I have heard that you could get taxed if you have a lot of the same stuff (ex. stuff for OOT bags) beccuase they consider it to be a good you could sell. Someone said to spread the things out amongst bags of people in your family maybe. Anyone know about this??

Also, just noticed you said carry on suitcase. So you would bring all that stuff in carry on suitcase. you cant check that stuff

I don't really know how Walmart operates for ordering online for pickup at a particular store. But I do know there's lots of Walmarts in Mexico. I'm sure you could buy what you need down there if you aren't overly particular (work with what you find).

wow really?? has anyone had any experience with this?

We are bringing boxes. We checked with American airlines. For the amount of stuff we need to pack it is the only way. We had ginormous duffels but just had panic attacks bc I thought it would be ok since they are 50 inches but I didn't realize airlines meant 62 inches which is length plus width plus height. I'll let everyone know if I get stopped. I'm bringing receipts and I guess some cash to bribe if we have to

Edited by nadiakat17

I couldn't find any of my own photos of the LEDs and I just realized that they are all packed away. Here are the photos they have on their website. 

post-281055-0-15798100-1426395232_thumb.jpg

post-281055-0-13191400-1426395252_thumb.jpg

oops - not sure how to flip the pics around. They are showing right side up on my computer before uploading them…hmm...

I'm using candles and bring them with me. They won't blow out. I'm putting 6 inch pillar candles in 9 inch cylinder clear glass .vases. Bubble wrapping everything.

I'm bringing down all my decor and diy flowers. My florist went AWOL when I asked for paypal instead of doing direct bank transfer. Good luck!

I'm using candles and bring them with me. They won't blow out. I'm putting 6 inch pillar candles in 9 inch cylinder clear glass .vases. Bubble wrapping everything.

I'm bringing down all my decor and diy flowers. My florist went AWOL when I asked for paypal instead of doing direct bank transfer. Good luck!

Wow so what are you bringing down?? Do you have a picture of the centerpiece you are doing? I don't know weather to do the flowers in water or just bring down the candles in the cylinder vases. Which florist are you using in riviera maya?

I made this just to see what it would look like what do ya think?

post-279723-0-81236500-1426468299_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

We've been talking to Katy at Love & Lace Decor in Playa. Look them up on Facebook and look at her albums to see items for rent.  You can pick up items from her off of the property and bring them in on your own.  Saves you from having to pack them or pay a vendor fee.

Yes I did email her! She didn't have all those vases but she had one size. Are you renting from her? What are you renting? I wish u could just get from her then I wouldn't have to worry about it!

I kind of like this too.. Very simple. Does anyone know where I could find a white tray like this??post-279723-0-07524700-1426507666_thumb.jpg