33 replies to this topic

#31 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:56 AM

@diadiamond I'm doing something similar. We have 5 bridesmaids and 5-6 groomsmen (waiting on one confirmation). I would have been happy with two bridesmaids but my finace really wanted a larger bridal party. He initially wanted 8 and I talked him down to 6. haha. He has pretty much given me free reign to choose whatever I've wanted for the wedding so I couldn't really say no to wanting all his guys to stand up there with him. If it makes him happy, than I'm happy.

We are asking our bridesmaids to choose any dress as well as long as it is blue (we gave them a range of blues to choose from), the groomsmen just have to buy grey dress pants (40% off at Moores) and wear a white dress shirt (they should have their own, we're not picky about having the exact same shirt). We are giving them gifts but we're not paying for their outfits. All the weddings I've been a bridesmaid at I paid for everything (specific shoes, dress, hair, make up, spa day etc) with the exception of one wedding but the bride wanted custom made bridesmaid dresses that would have cost me $450 (her mother generously paid for it). 

Edited by snswedding2016, 28 April 2015 - 06:57 AM.

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#32 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:30 AM

The only wedding where I've been a bridesmaid in I bought my dress, shoes and everything. I didn't get any gifts either. However, I wasn't all that close with the bride, I almost felt like I was put there because my fiance was one of the groomsmen. There were so many of us and only 2 of them were close friends with the bride. I felt like that was unnecessary on their part and I would have been totally fine had my fiance been a groomsmen but I wasn't part of the bridal party. 

The only reason I'm paying for my BM's dresses is because there's only 2 of them and they are both students so I didn't want to burden them with that cost, on top of the trip. Initially I was going to give them $150 towards their dress, but the dresses ended up being $160 so I was like what the hell, I'm not gonna make them pay $10 :P. With that said, they are choosing their shoes and jewellery. They all ended up choosing the same dress so I think it will look good even if their shoes and jewellery are different. Both of them have very different personalities so I think the accessories will show that :)

Both of us knew we didn't want a large wedding party because like other brides on here, if we had put everyone we wanted we'd have 2 guests sitting down haha. It's kind of a small wedding and most of the people coming are really close friends. It was hard to choose, but I chose my 2 oldest friends and my brother :). Luckily, the other girls understood why I didn't have everyone up there and said that it totally made sense to them. I seriously love my friends!! 

event.png

#33 diadiamond

diadiamond
  • 242 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Varadero
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:32 AM

@TinkerSofi  What's your wedding colour?

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#34 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:50 AM

@TinkerSofi What's your wedding colour?

Periwinkle, blush pink and ivory! Haha. I wanted the bridesmaids to wear periwinkle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users