Acw271011 So This Is Not A Planning Thread.... But

• Please log in to reply
496 replies to this topic

#371 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:09 AM

Thanks ladies! 5 days to go and one week today for our renewal! And of course I broke TWO nails!!! It couldn't be just one. It had to be TWO!! So now I have to get them filled because they look so ridiculous. Oh well.

@RivieraBride15  @Wafflesmom  Thank you both. The dress actually looks really different now with the shoulders covered, the front closed up a bit and the lace that was added. I meant to get pictures but forgot so I will for sure this Thursday when I put it back on. I'm supposed to be taking it home unless there are a couple of small things. Hoping not because it's all the way out in Guelph and I really would rather not have to go back out there again on Saturday.

@Meandhim  it's a little mini hand steamer from Bed Bath and Beyond. it was only $25 +tax and it's the perfect size to hold. @TinkerSofi recommended it in her planning thread and actually posted a pic. I'll see if I can find one and post it. We have one but when I pulled it out of the closet it was much heavier and bulkier than I remembered. The one that I got has it's own little travel pouch too. Actually packing hasn't been that bad. I bought a duffle bag the same as what Marinha had for her wedding in March off Amazon. It was $35 and is perfect for all of the clothes. Soft sided, on wheels with a pull handle and TONS of space. We've packed all of the regular clothes in it plus a few bits and bobs. The dressy stuff will go into the wally bag with Doug's suit. Then everything else will go in a big suitcase. Thankfully we upgraded with Transat to Options Plus and get an extra 10 kg of luggage which means 32 kg each. That's 140 lbs of luggage we can take. Doug says whatever doesn't fit into that amount stays behind lol  We also get priority checkin, priority boarding, free seat selection, a bottle of wine and money to buy food on board. They don't give you meals on the Mexico runs anymore. Go figure. You have to buy your food now but we get money towards that with the upgrade. Plus it's a 4 hour flight so no big deal.

@perianjay You are more than welcome and it's all deserved. You do some absolutely beautiful work. I can't wait to see it all in our photos. I meant to take pics before Doug packed it up but it was already wrapped when I thought of it and wasn't going to make him undo it all. I got the eyeball roll with the Mr Right / Mrs Always Right and a "yeah right" comment lol 

I had a text from maybeoneday this morning. Her wedding is tomorrow! Yikes! She said the resort WC got them a skydeck weddng for free! It's only the two of them so very small. I think with all the money they take in the resort can handle that!! I can't wait to see her photos and still hoping we can meet up in Mexico but they fly back to the UK the day after our renewal and it's a long flight so at this point it's not looking good. Fingers crossed!

Then we have so many weddings coming up!! You ladies all have to promise you'll come back for visits! I'm going to lose so many brides!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#372 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:10 AM

@acw271011 Everything is looking amazing and really coming together!!!!

I am so excited for you!!!

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#373 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:04 PM

@acw271011 I can't believe you leave this week!!!! So so excited for you! It all looks fantastic! You look stunning in your dress!!

Do you have a pic of the dufflebag you got from Amazon? I'm on the hunt for good luggage options. We have this great big suitcase but the frame is way too heavy. We were almost over the weight limit when we went to the BDR in Sept....we were only packing for 4 days!! :blink:

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#374 MrsCtoB

MrsCtoB
  • 286 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:27 PM

We fly in on the 18th, do our anniversary on the 20th then fly home on the 25th. You're still coming in on the 24th, right? I really hope we can put something together! We also don't fly until 5 on the 25th so not sure what time they haul us out of there to head for the airport but I would thing there would be a bit of time on Sunday before we have to leave.

Yes! Still arriving on the 24th. I can't wait. You are almost leaving...that is sooo exciting! We should be arriving mid day so we can definitely figure something out between the remainder of the day on the 24th or before you go on the 25th!  

#375 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:05 PM

Yes! Still arriving on the 24th. I can't wait. You are almost leaving...that is sooo exciting! We should be arriving mid day so we can definitely figure something out between the remainder of the day on the 24th or before you go on the 25th!

I hope so! That would be so much fun!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#376 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:20 PM

I totally love the dress! I don't even know why you were saying that you were "big" now, I don't think you are and you look great! 

I love how everything is coming together. It all looks very lovely :D 

event.png

#377 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:02 PM

@acw271011 I can't believe you leave this week!!!! So so excited for you! It all looks fantastic! You look stunning in your dress!!

Do you have a pic of the dufflebag you got from Amazon? I'm on the hunt for good luggage options. We have this great big suitcase but the frame is way too heavy. We were almost over the weight limit when we went to the BDR in Sept....we were only packing for 4 days!! :blink:

Yes - I'll dig it up. We have it fully loaded with still room to spare and Doug says it's 42 lbs so still LOADS of space to take things! lol

I totally love the dress! I don't even know why you were saying that you were "big" now, I don't think you are and you look great! 

I love how everything is coming together. It all looks very lovely :D

Oh I'm so glad you came back for a visit!! How's married life and your new house?? Are you all settled in now? We miss you here!! And thanks for being so sweet!

Hey Steph - here's the link that should work I think. If not let me know.

http://www.amazon.co...ailpage_o03_s00

We bought the blue one so it will stand out on the luggage carousel. I wanted the pink lol but I knew darned well that there is no way in heaven that Doug would travel with a great big pink duffle bag!!

event.png

#378 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:36 AM

@acw271011 Thank you!!! That's perfect! I'm going to show this to Sean tonight. It looks great!

event.png

#379 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:05 PM

@acw271011 Thank you!!! That's perfect! I'm going to show this to Sean tonight. It looks great!

The good thing is that Amazon has reasonable shipping rates.

I got a bit of a knock up the side of the head today and have spent a good part of the day either in tears or close to it. After all the work I've done and money out, my son has cancelled his trip with us. He has a passport issue that doesn't look like it can be fixed before we leave. This is a time when it's really hard to be a parent. He's 33 yrs old - just like a lot of you ladies - but he's a kid that just doesn't want to grow up. I wish he had come to me months ago and maybe we could have sorted out the problem. He was cocky enough to opt out of cancellation insurance so now not only is he not travelling with us but they both lose the chunk that they paid out. We had both of them counted into our restaurant stuff. And so many more things. I haven't seen him in a year so we were going to get some family time even though they were at a different resort. As a mom I can't get my head around it. Doug is fuming about it and rightfully so. We're going out to Vancouver next month and had planned to spend some time with him while there but at this point I don't even want to see him. I just absolutely do not understand paying out the amount of money that they have, plus what I put in and doing all of this planning all the while knowing there was an issue with the necessary documents. I know we did stupid things when we were young but something like this is just beyond me being able to understand. Doug has been great tonight. He knows how upset I am but he just sits and shakes his head too.

Being a parent is really hard sometimes.

event.png

#380 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:14 PM

@acw271011 I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry to hear that your son has cancelled his trip...especially so close to you leaving. I know how excited you were to get some good family time and can't imagine the disappointment you must be feeling but all I can say is what Sean always tells me when we've hit snags in the road during this wedding planning process...that this is about the two of you. Of course we want all of our closest loved ones there to celebrate with but at the end of the day this day/wedding week will be about you and Doug and how special it will be to renew your love for each other in paradise! Sending you big hugs!!!

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users