Acw271011 So This Is Not A Planning Thread.... But

• Please log in to reply
496 replies to this topic

#291 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:18 PM

We bought a bluetooth speaker on the weekend to use for the ceremony and then dinner. Since we're on a terrace at both places with no wifi or plugs we're using Doug's tablet for part of it and I think my iphone for part. The speaker is a Bose and it sounds awesome! I really like it.

The other thing we did was go shopping for a band and I ended up with two! Totally not what I was thinking I wanted but working with the girl in the jeweller's it worked out great. My rings are yellow gold so I naturally went looking for the same. But she brought out a rose gold and a white gold and before I could say no, I was picking the white gold. It really looks nice with my rings. Again, not at all what I expected. They're out being sized so I won't get them for about 2 weeks but here's the pic.I'm going to do one on either side of my wedding ring and it totally blings it out!

Attached File  pZALEPEPL1-8845306t400.jpg   16.64KB   5 downloads

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#292 maybeoneday

maybeoneday
  • 204 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 14, 2015

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:01 PM

Wow I love the ring! Beautiful. My rings are yellow gold as they are wide I can only fit the 2 rings together.

I still need to sort out music for both the legal and symbolic wedding. We just need it for when we walk in and the signing xx I think the hotel said they just need the songs so hopefully I won't need the speaker for 2-3 songs xx

Maybeoneday
14 /10/2015 - R R C, Mexico

#293 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:14 PM

@acw271011 your ring is exactly like mine! Where did you get it from! I love how dainty they are. Simple and elegant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#294 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:27 AM

I love the rings, I wanted to reply on your thread ;) 

You'll be totally fine with the bose speaker. They do sound really nice. Just make sure you close all the apps on the phone/tablet so that your battery doesn't die half way through. It is a smart idea to have the backup, in case one of them dies.

event.png

#295 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:38 AM

@acw271011 your ring is exactly like mine! Where did you get it from! I love how dainty they are. Simple and elegant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up at People's on the weekend. It wasn't at all what I wanted. I wanted another band just like my wedding band but a single since my band is an embraceable so my e-ring fits inside my wedding band. But when we started trying different ones, the same width just didn't look as nice as I thought it would. She brought out the rose gold one like this one so really thin, and it looked really nice. Then she added a second one and it was gorgeous. We swapped out the rose just to see because I kept telling her I wanted the yellow gold to match my set. She put the white gold on and wow! It just makes my rings pop! Plus I'm having my e-ring reset because the prongs are wearing down. Doug is letting me switch to a halo setting so the girl in People's suggested doing it in white gold. Pull the whole thing together colour wise. Not totally sure yet on changing to white gold with my yellow gold band but she said with all of the two tone rings they sell, it will look really nice. I'd like to have it done in time for Mexico but we'll see.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#296 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

I love how everyone is stacking their rings.  I didn't know this was a 'trend' until you ladies starting posting pics.

I would love a dainty diamond band to go with my dainty twisted band, but didn't really think I could or that it would look good.... but you guys make me believe I can, so thanks :)

Your band is gorgeous!!! just what I would want too!

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#297 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

I think stacked rings look so nice! I have short and chubby fingers and now I'm wondering whether it would look good for me haha. I guess you never know until you try! :D 

event.png

#298 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:57 AM

I love your rings and agree that stacked rings look really nice. My fingers are too short for more rings :(

Good call on the bose system, I hear they're really good!
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#299 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:47 AM

@acw271011 I love my bose soundlink. The sound is so loud and clear.. it's a great speaker! Good choice.

Also, I'm a bit biased with mismatched gold and stacking rings, but I love that idea and the wedding band you chose :) I'm sure it will look beautiful and can't wait to see a picture of all of them together.

@TinkerSofi I have short chubby fingers too, so I just made sure that both wedding bands are extremely thin haha.. they are basically the size of one normal sized wedding band in width.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#300 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:20 AM

@acw271011 thats awesome. Mine is from Charm the diamond center. I didn't see one at peoples like that. The ones she was showing me there were all too chunky and stole the show from my engagement ring. Would have been nice to have them all from the same store but I also love my weddings bands.  

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users