Acw271011 So This Is Not A Planning Thread.... But

Oh I can just feel myself preening under the glow! lol

Thanks ladies! Honestly. You guys are such a huge help!

@Tinkersofi  I know - isn't it gorgeous! And SO forgiving.... which is the whole point!!!

@calgarybride2016  Thanks girlfriend but I'm just an old hack... lol

Wow the dress is beautiful...love the back as well!

I have been debating so much about my dress as well but I finally said 'Yes to the Dress' a few weeks ago. Arrives in 2-3 weeks!

Talk about leaving late when the wedding (and your renewal) is in October! !

I went to so many shops in April and May who just turned me away (or were rude) and said not enough time to get it by August/September in order to do alterations. I got quite disheartened but found a great little shop that did the Maggie Sottero dress I wanted and could get it in by mid/end July. They also did there own version of that and an Allure dress I had seen also beautiful but went with Maggie. She did say that if I changed my mind after arrival I could still get other ones by end of August. BUT I am sure my mind is made up! X

Anyway enough about me...

Congrats on the dress xx

Maybeoneday

14 /10/2015 - R R C, Mexico

• Like 3

Wow the dress is beautiful...love the back as well!

I have been debating so much about my dress as well but I finally said 'Yes to the Dress' a few weeks ago. Arrives in 2-3 weeks!

Talk about leaving late when the wedding (and your renewal) is in October! !

I went to so many shops in April and May who just turned me away (or were rude) and said not enough time to get it by August/September in order to do alterations. I got quite disheartened but found a great little shop that did the Maggie Sottero dress I wanted and could get it in by mid/end July. They also did there own version of that and an Allure dress I had seen also beautiful but went with Maggie. She did say that if I changed my mind after arrival I could still get other ones by end of August. BUT I am sure my mind is made up! X

Anyway enough about me...

Congrats on the dress xx

Maybeoneday

Why enough about you? Not at all!! So happy you found something that works for you and that you're happy with. Another thing done, right?? That's what's important!!

I got mine from an online salon so I knew the dress was in the inventory. She told me back around the end of march when I did my wish list that they had it. but for whatever reason it was slow coming in to the salon. I was getting worried because I just wanted it off my list of things to get done so was ready to go with one of two others that I really really liked. But it did come in, I pulled the trigger and it will arrive at my son's in Pennsylvania next Thursday. Now I have to figure out how to get it with enough cross border allowance to bring it home! We did the customs costing and taxes, etc and it was crazy! I have someone lined up for the alterations already but I don't need that done until September.

Make sure you post pics of your dress!! We all want to see!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

This is the dress I am getting. I have attached a photo from an online store but getting it from local shop.

post-281816-143564208409_thumb.jpg

I am having it in Ivory. The one in the shop was a tad small ( even when breathing in) so I didn't take photos while I was there.

I had my eye on it online for ages but couldn't find a local store who stocked it other than 1 store who were soo rude and said I'd be lucky to get it before I went in October. And it cost £1400 (not sure of exchange rate to Canadian Dollars) so out of my price range. I had completely dismissed it then.

The one I will be getting was a lot cheaper. She orders from a supplier in London who has a few already on order for samples for other stores which is why I will get it in a few weeks rather than months! plus will not need too much alterations as my size!

Soo happy!!

Maybeoneday

Back:

post-281816-143564312468_thumb.jpg

Maybeoneday

• Like 6

@maybeoneday  Wow - that's absolutely gorgeous!!! You're going to look gorgeous! Maggie makes beautiful gowns. I looked at a few and liked them but couldn't get exactly what I wanted. I still would prefer a ruffled bottom on my dress, but the one I really wanted would have set me back $2,000 canadian which is just about £1,000. More than hubby wanted to pay out since it's a renewal and not our wedding. But I ended up getting my dress for a fabulous price and I LOVE it!

What part of the UK are you in? When do you travel and how long are you going for? We fly on the 18th of October and our renewal is on our anniversary, which is the 20th.

Ok ladies. So I decided to try and be crafty and I'm so proud of myself!!! I've already said that I must have been in the bathroom when God handed out the creativity genes - I don't have a creative bone in my body. But boy oh boy, I'm learning! So here is a product of my handiwork! I got the idea from another bride and absolutely loved it!! I'm going to use them to attach to my chair bows (once I decide on the colour!)

We were away camping for 5 days in PA and it poured rain. So what do the smart ones do when it pours rain on a camping trip?? They go.....shopping! I went into my first Christmas tree shops and found a bunch of stuff for OOT bags!! At very reasonable prices! I found SHOUT wipes that I had been looking for and since we have a super small group, I found tubes of tylenol and advill for pretty cheap.

I also found starfish!! Two different sizes. I went to Hobby Lobby and got the backs for brooch pins and glued them on. Here's the finished product:

IMG_2695.JPG

IMG_2696.JPG

• Like 6

@maybeoneday Wow - that's absolutely gorgeous!!! You're going to look gorgeous! Maggie makes beautiful gowns. I looked at a few and liked them but couldn't get exactly what I wanted. I still would prefer a ruffled bottom on my dress, but the one I really wanted would have set me back $2,000 canadian which is just about £1,000. More than hubby wanted to pay out since it's a renewal and not our wedding. But I ended up getting my dress for a fabulous price and I LOVE it!

What part of the UK are you in? When do you travel and how long are you going for? We fly on the 18th of October and our renewal is on our anniversary, which is the 20th.

Thanks! Your dress is beautiful!!

I'm from Wolverhampton, West Midlands (near Birmingham ). We're flying on 7th October with the Wedding on 14th returning on 21st! So excited!

Maybeoneday

Your star fish look fab! I must have been asleep as well when creativity was handed out...luckily no need to worry about that for our elopement haha xx

Maybeoneday

Edited by maybeoneday
  • Like 2

@@maybeoneday My family are all in the Midlands, specifically Nottingham area (just about 20 minutes away).

Thanks on the starfish! I think they turned out rather well!

• Like 1