Acw271011 So This Is Not A Planning Thread.... But

I have a couple of shots - not great ones - but at least a couple I can share. I'm hoping to have a couple more by the end of the week. I'll be honest - it sucks being home lol  We totally fell in love with the resort and all over again with Mexico. We're so close to getting serious about retiring that it's hard to come home. It was harder for me this time around. I lost my job yesterday. I was told it was a business decision and that they aren't replacing me. Whatever. What I actually think is that my manager, who is a total idiot, didn't like me calling him out on stuff. He was my 3rd in about 13 months and the worst. A manager that the day before my last day before vacation actually said to me "what do you mean you're off next week"  Yep - you heard right. Anyway, it is what it is and what's done is done. In some ways I'm relieved. So on to bigger and better things. I hope.

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

20151020_165142.jpg

20151020_190227.jpg

20151020_205523.jpg

Sorry - I don't know why some of them are upside down. I reloaded them and they came out the same way. The rainbow came out after a quick shower right before our renewal ceremony. It's supposed to be really good luck so fingers crossed on that one (not so sure so far). Doug absolutely loved the cake top and knew immediately what it meant. He said "you even got the beer right" lol (Corona). I'm thrilled with how my rings looked but it is taking some getting used to. Our sand turned out beautifully and survived the trip home. Once we have our photos I'll add one onto the glass.

As an FYI for anyone going to Mexico, you can most definitely bring your bouquet back if you want if you're using real flowers. I did. And I got through customs with no problems because they're cut flowers, not plants. We completed the part of the customs form about fruit, vegetables, etc as a "yes" so that you do declare them to the agent but they sweep you through. The people ahead of us had one too. I was prepared for them to take it and when he said we could go, I said "you mean I can keep it?" and he laughed and said "I'm not even going there. I don't want that argument trying to take someone's wedding flowers." We checked the canada customs website before we left and found nothing that said we couldn't take it. I got it home but it did get a little beaten up, sprayed it with aerosol hairspray and hung it upside down to dry. It was absolutely gorgeous as you can see from the photos. Just a little tiny shop in Playa barely big enough to swing a cat but boy does he do a nice job on flowers.

Oh before I forget - thanks so much ladies for the tip on the two sided tape. It worked fantastic both on my necklace and on my dress straps. Kept both perfectly in place.

• Like 6

Beautiful photos Ann, you look so beautiful. And both you and Doug look so happy, I can't wait to see more pics.

I'm so sorry to hear about your job but I'm certain you're on to bigger and better That job caused you nothing but stress. I'm sure this will just lead to another door opening.

• Like 1

Aww @@acw271011 your renewal looked beautiful and so did you. Absolutely stunning! I'm sure Doug was dumbfounded! The flowers were beautiful. I can see why you would want to keep them. I'm glad they let you bring them! Your hair also looked spectacular! You are a stunning bride!

I'm sorry to hear about your job. I had the same thing happen a year and a half ago. I got back from a week in Mexico and the first day back I lost my job. (I've been let go 3 times in 3 years). You will land back on your feet in no time. From my experience everything happens for a reason and you were destined for bigger and better things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@Wafflesmom  @@yycbride2016  Thank you both of you. I absolutely LOVED my hair lol Styling Trio are simply amazing! My friend brought hair extensions (she's a stylist) and they worked perfectly! I was even happy with my makeup, and that's saying something! I don't wear a lot and I asked them to make sure it was understated. The trial was a bit heavier than I wanted so they toned it down the day of.

Thanks also on the job stuff. It's goofy - I was only there 2 years but the company had major stuff happen just 2 months after I started. I hung in there and like I said, was on my 3rd manager in about 13 months. This guy was just.... wow. Unreal. The thing is there is no way the president can make it that he made a mistake but I doubt this guy will last more than another year if that. By then they'll be able to let him go and the president will save face after making it look like he gave the guy a fair chance. I got a phone call last night from someone I worked with and the dissatisfaction is definitely spreading already. Things I didn't even know about so I doubt it will be too long. Something will come along. I'm not worried about it. Not yet anyway. I've got a couple of medical things to get through over the next couple of weeks so in a way the timing is ok.

@@yycbride2016 Ouch - 3 times in 3 years really totally sucks!! I'm so sorry to hear that! It isn't fun that's for sure. The only good thing is they have to pay you and big time!! lol In this case for me they knew darned well that I would go after them if they didn't pay me off. The overtime I've given them over the last 18 months!! No way I'd let that go. The standing joke at home was whether or not I still lived here!! It went on for so long Doug kept teasing me about having moved out!

• Like 1

Welcome back to reality (?! I think?).  I'm sorry to hear about your job.  Hopefully since you were close to retirement you will be able to swing it early instead of hunting again.  I did a double take at how beautiful your flowers turned out, and so perfectly like the flowers in the avatar you've been using for months now!

• Like 1

Oh @@acw271011... you look beautiful!  Looks like a magical day and Doug's smile!

I'm so sorry to hear about your job! Everything happens for a reason, I'm sure there is something even better coming your way!

• Like 1

@JoannaBanana  @deecol  @vancouverpetunia  Thank you to each of you. I'm happy with the way things turned out in Mexico. I've realized my husband never stops amazing me with how sweet and wonderful he is. As to the job, I probably sound more positive than I actually am I think. Right now I'm looking forward to heading to Vancouver in a couple of weeks to check on my dad. All the vacation I didn't get to take, now I want the time I worked so hard for.

• Like 3