Acw271011 So This Is Not A Planning Thread.... But

If you love it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks (as long as Doug likes it too!). I think it's pretty and tropical. Love the colours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol you're right I know but still... and yes Doug likes it thank goodness. i was worried he wouldn't like the colours together but he's used to them now so he's good with it.

@maybeoneday  I hope you do post more with your plans. I know it's only the two of you but we still want to hear! I know there is the bus that goes into playa. they call it the collectivo and it's run very well and is quite cheap. there should be a shuttle for sure. and yes we will have to sort out a meet!!

• Like 1

I confirmed the design with two minor fixes. When I measured it out the two starfish weren't even so I asked to fix that and to me the "feet in the sand" is off centre so I asked her to move it round to the right a bit. She sent me another proof and we're good to go! My son is going to have a fit with everything going there! Our sunglasses have shipped, my Adriana Papell shoes arrived, our bags have shipped, the maracas have shipped, my jewellery has arrived, and also a little ring box that I ordered for pictures. And I received my pink dress!!!! It looks better than I expected for $49 lol But it's huge on me!!! Wow. So I'm going to take it on thursday to my friend's to try it on with the seamstress to see what she wants to charge me to fix it. So hopefully I'll get pics with both dresses on thursday!!! I'm just waiting on the cake topper to arrive. With the cost I decided just to have it shipped here. The cost was so small it wasn't worth sending it to PA.

@@vancouverpetunia I just purchased my dresses from Lulu's and they are so pretty!  They are long dresses in coral pink, I didn't look at any short dresses, I just saw that and fell in love.  I can vouch for the delivery (5 buisness days!) and quality if you do find something you like on the site. 

@@acw271011 I love your cake topper!!!!  The second dress and jewellery are gorgeous :) and your design for your cups is great!  You're doing awesome, I'm loving your updates and hope to meet you at the second get-together, I suggested Oct 2nd in the meet-up thread.

Edited by deecol
  • Like 2

@deecol  As it stands now Oct 2nd is fine for me so would love to join! I looked on lulus.com and really like several of the dresses there and the prices are so reasonable but I find they're a bit on the small side which made me sad! lol I would buy one or two of them for myself to take to Mexico and wear to dinner at night but the sizes seem to run quite small. I love the royal engagement dress. It's simple and elegant and could be worn a lot of different places but the sizing is tiny.

• Like 1

@@acw271011 Awesome!  Can't wait to meet you :)

That's the dress I ordered, the Royal Engagement in Coral Pink.  I tried on the Medium yesterday and it fit perfect, I'm not a petite girl and it had lots of room in the hips/legs, not a ton of give in the waist but once it was all on it was really nice, my girls love it :)

• Like 1

@@acw271011 Awesome!  Can't wait to meet you :)

That's the dress I ordered, the Royal Engagement in Coral Pink.  I tried on the Medium yesterday and it fit perfect, I'm not a petite girl and it had lots of room in the hips/legs, not a ton of give in the waist but once it was all on it was really nice, my girls love it :)

Do you mind if I ask what size you normally wear? You don't have to say if you don't want to. I'm normally in a 12 and a large in tops, and when I looked at the measurements they just seemed small. I love the dress. It's so pretty and price is great!

@@acw271011 I love it! The colours definitely compliment each other! Is the background meant to be green or turquoise? Love the colours either way!

Sorry for not posting much...work seems to just run my life lately and is getting me down. I am still reading everyone's posts....gets me back to wedding mode lol xx

Meeting up would be lovely...can't wait! Will see what the transport issue is at Royalton. Apparently it is a 2 mile stretch to the main road through a Mangrove so not suitable for walking to bus stop. And taxi is around $60-90 to Playa del Carmen! Will see what dates and times the shopping shuttles are...Either way we will catch up!!

Maybeoneday

14 /10/2015 - R R C, Mexico

The colours are meant to be our turquoise and pink but they warned me with the proof that the colours are different on every computer. I hope they look good when I get them but I know several other brides here have used them and nobody (so far) has complained about the colours. Fingers crossed!

@@acw271011 I don't mind - I'm normally a 10/12 in pants  and a medium in tops.

This is how the medium fit me.  I'm only holding the top up because I was by myself and couldn't reach to the back to zip up all the way.  I should also point out I was not wearing a bra, so the top supports pretty decent as well.  The bottom was a tad long, I'm 5'7.

After the USD exchange rate, taxes, shipping and customs each dress ended up being about $110.  The offer 10% your first order so it basically covered the shipping for mine.  I ordered two dresses.

post-281751-0-54403100-1439950788_thumb.jpg

Edited by deecol
  • Like 3

@@deecol, good to know about the sizing. I've been eyeing so many dresses on that site and I had the same thought as @@acw271011 in that the sizes seemed small. Some of the mediums said 25 for waist size! And the proportions for bust, waist and hips seemed so off. Well now I'm gonna have to order lol

• Like 2