Acw271011 So This Is Not A Planning Thread.... But

Well I picked up my dress last night. I'm really happy with it. She sparkled up the straps and added lace cutouts to hide the bustle clips. Surprisingly it's a single layer of satin, no crinoline, no tulle, nothing. But it took 5 clips to put the bustle in place. Doug also picked up his suit last night. Wow the turquoise looks really nice with the Grey. It would have been so nice to have my son there too in his grey and pink but whatever. I have my Skype call at lunch time today to finish up last details. Web added photo and video time since my son was going to be with us, just to get some nice family shots but now I think it makes sense to cut the time. I can't see needing 6 hours of photo time now and 3 hours of video. I can't believe we leave in 2 days. I can't wait to get away for a week and just leave everything behind.

I have photos of my dress but can't upload from my phone. Not sure why but I'll post a couple in Ina little while.

Playing catchup here myself too. Thank you ladies for all the support. You all really are wonderful, sweet young women and I wish nothing but good things for all of you as you move forward with your lives and this exciting new chapter of it. I was so looking forward to having my son with us but for whatever reason it isn't to be. Yes - with everything we've been through I really wonder about the angel on my shoulder sometimes and why things are the way they are. But it is what it is. Our anniversary will be a little bittersweet with Ryan not being there but you are all right - it's about Doug and I and the fact that we get to continue our lives together. We're very nearly didn't get that chance. Thank you again for reminding me that it's what's important. I know you've all been through worse things with your guests so I need to count myself lucky!

• Like 7

Everything looks fantastic. As per usual :)

Where did you get those bags from? They are the perfect size I think!

Love you went for the necklace with the off set broach. You know how much I love that style :)

Love the hanger too. Pack it well between something or leave it in the box it came in as they bend out of shape very easily.

Good luck on the jobs and I hope you hear soon. I had an interview last week myself :) keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Kim. The bags are Gemline totes that I ordered through Sassy. Deal Rack also does them but I found Sassy to be cheaper. I think they were $3.46 per so since I only needed a few I think the total was around $30 with tax and shipping. I got 8 and had them shipped to my US address. Shipping was next to nothing.

Question - where do I get that 2 sided tape to hold the necklace in place? I have one strap on my dress that still slips a bit so the seamstress suggested the 2 sided since we're out of time for altering.

Hey!

I got mine at La Vien Rose. Do you have one close by? I would assume you could get it at an intimates store. (La senza, VS, etc). I'm sure other places sell it but this would probably be the easiest store to pin point so as to note waste time.

Alright. Here it is. Finished. ROFLMAO  I'm still a bit bothered by that one sparkle that just seems to be in a really funny spot.....

20151015_200814_resized.jpg

20151015_200821_resized.jpg

20151015_201009_resized.jpg

• Like 5

Gorgeous!!!

For some reason in my mind I had envisioned a spaghetti strap but love what you've done here so much more. It's beautiful.

No - I really don't like spaghetti straps much, and i still wanted my shoulders covered. i like what she did withe the lace. Strapless just doesn't look really good on me. I have a strapless dress I'm taking to wear for dinner but I have a shawl/wrap to wear with it. I have one shoulder lower than the other so one strap still isn't sitting right, which is why i have to find the two sided tape - for my necklace and for the dress strap.

No - I really don't like spaghetti straps much, and i still wanted my shoulders covered. i like what she did withe the lace. Strapless just doesn't look really good on me. I have a strapless dress I'm taking to wear for dinner but I have a shawl/wrap to wear with it. I have one shoulder lower than the other so one strap still isn't sitting right, which is why i have to find the two sided tape - for my necklace and for the dress strap.

I think the lace straps work perfect. Gives it that sophisticated touch :) my girlfriend had identical straps added to hers a couple years back. I'm not a large fan of strapless either but found mine that came up high enough to not worry hehe. Congrats. Can't wait for pics!

• Like 1

@@calgarybride2015  @@deecol  @@RivieraBride15  @  Thank you ladies. I'm really happy with it. Compared to the other dress, this one has no weight even though it's satin. If anything, it has a bit more weight now because of the lace she added. It just gives it some form if that makes any sense and I really like what the lace has done to it overall.

• Like 1