Acw271011 So This Is Not A Planning Thread.... But

Yes! Still arriving on the 24th. I can't wait. You are almost leaving...that is sooo exciting! We should be arriving mid day so we can definitely figure something out between the remainder of the day on the 24th or before you go on the 25th!

I hope so! That would be so much fun!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I totally love the dress! I don't even know why you were saying that you were "big" now, I don't think you are and you look great! 

I love how everything is coming together. It all looks very lovely :D 

• Like 1

@@acw271011 I can't believe you leave this week!!!! So so excited for you! It all looks fantastic! You look stunning in your dress!!

Do you have a pic of the dufflebag you got from Amazon? I'm on the hunt for good luggage options. We have this great big suitcase but the frame is way too heavy. We were almost over the weight limit when we went to the BDR in Sept....we were only packing for 4 days!! :blink:

Yes - I'll dig it up. We have it fully loaded with still room to spare and Doug says it's 42 lbs so still LOADS of space to take things! lol

I totally love the dress! I don't even know why you were saying that you were "big" now, I don't think you are and you look great! 

I love how everything is coming together. It all looks very lovely :D

Oh I'm so glad you came back for a visit!! How's married life and your new house?? Are you all settled in now? We miss you here!! And thanks for being so sweet!

@@acw271011 I can't believe you leave this week!!!! So so excited for you! It all looks fantastic! You look stunning in your dress!!

Do you have a pic of the dufflebag you got from Amazon? I'm on the hunt for good luggage options. We have this great big suitcase but the frame is way too heavy. We were almost over the weight limit when we went to the BDR in Sept....we were only packing for 4 days!! :blink:

Hey Steph - here's the link that should work I think. If not let me know.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003K4U2F6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

We bought the blue one so it will stand out on the luggage carousel. I wanted the pink lol but I knew darned well that there is no way in heaven that Doug would travel with a great big pink duffle bag!!

• Like 1

@@acw271011 Thank you!!! That's perfect! I'm going to show this to Sean tonight. It looks great!

The good thing is that Amazon has reasonable shipping rates.

I got a bit of a knock up the side of the head today and have spent a good part of the day either in tears or close to it. After all the work I've done and money out, my son has cancelled his trip with us. He has a passport issue that doesn't look like it can be fixed before we leave. This is a time when it's really hard to be a parent. He's 33 yrs old - just like a lot of you ladies - but he's a kid that just doesn't want to grow up. I wish he had come to me months ago and maybe we could have sorted out the problem. He was cocky enough to opt out of cancellation insurance so now not only is he not travelling with us but they both lose the chunk that they paid out. We had both of them counted into our restaurant stuff. And so many more things. I haven't seen him in a year so we were going to get some family time even though they were at a different resort. As a mom I can't get my head around it. Doug is fuming about it and rightfully so. We're going out to Vancouver next month and had planned to spend some time with him while there but at this point I don't even want to see him. I just absolutely do not understand paying out the amount of money that they have, plus what I put in and doing all of this planning all the while knowing there was an issue with the necessary documents. I know we did stupid things when we were young but something like this is just beyond me being able to understand. Doug has been great tonight. He knows how upset I am but he just sits and shakes his head too.

Being a parent is really hard sometimes.

@@acw271011 I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry to hear that your son has cancelled his trip...especially so close to you leaving. I know how excited you were to get some good family time and can't imagine the disappointment you must be feeling but all I can say is what Sean always tells me when we've hit snags in the road during this wedding planning process...that this is about the two of you. Of course we want all of our closest loved ones there to celebrate with but at the end of the day this day/wedding week will be about you and Doug and how special it will be to renew your love for each other in paradise! Sending you big hugs!!!

• Like 1

Ann, I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through this so close to your day. Unfortunately we can't control other people's personalities or actions but at times like these, I wish we could. I hate the recurring theme of how we've all been hurt based on other people's decisions or actions (or in your case, lack of action). Like @@snswedding2016 said, in the end it's about you and Doug. By this time next week, you two will be renewing your vows and recognizing the love you have for each other. You two have been through so much, yet you've remained together and supporting one another. We're here for you if you need anything xoxo

• Like 3

omg @@acw271011 my heart just broke for you reading that.  I am soooo sorry!  I just want to give you a gigantic hug!

I know how excited you were to see your son that week, and I don't blame you for not wanting to go see him after.  I am so sorry this happened to you so close to your big day. But like the other ladies have said, this is about you and Doug in the end, celebrating your love and all that you have been through together that make you such an incredible couple.  I promise it will still be as beautiful and magical as you envisioned and all your hard work and planning will pay off!

We are all here for you!  xoxoxo

• Like 2

@ace271011 I've been so MIA lately, so I apologize as I play catch up. Your dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you! I can't wait to see pictures of it on the day.

I absolutely love the ring box! It's so adorable! and the shoes too! They will look stunning with you dress. In fact everything you've put together looks awesome. You've put in so much hard work and it really shows! I think the big day will go off without a hitch!

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I know you were really excited to see him after so long. It seems so silly that he couldn't get his documents in order when he's known about it all for so long already. I'm sorry you have to deal with all this so close to your trip. Just relax, breathe deeply and enjoy your week. You will have fun regardless. What matters is you and Doug are together on the day and happy!

Can't wait to hear about the trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1