Do I Have To Have A Wedding Program?

Hi all!

Do you guys think it's absolutely necessary to have a wedding program? It just seems like one more think I have to worry about getting designed and printed and taking down with me....plus my FI runs on a bit of a last-minute basis so I'm afraid to put the groomsmen in print since there's some of his friends that *might* end up coming who he's want in the wedding (*facepalm*) so I'd probably have to wait to do them until the last minute.

Would it be a big deal not to have them at all? Will people think that's weird? I'm thinking that maybe it's not as necessary since we'll all be together for a few days so everyone will at least kind of know who the wedding party is....what do you guys think?

• Like 1

We didn't do one and I don't regret it at all. Everyone knew eachother as we did a welcome party and we all hung together all week. Everyone knew who was who and it would have been redundant. Of course everyone has their own opinion :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

We aren't doing one, but we also don't have a bridal party. But my sister got married in Mexico and everyone is so well acquainted by the wedding that it isn't really necessary to tell people who the bridal party is. The only reason I considered doing one is if I do fans for the ceremony I might do a program fan. But I think I've nixed this idea because I'm too lazy to worry about the fans and lugging them down there. Ha!

I am doing an itinerary though, but that will include more than just the wedding day. My plan is to share it electronically (we set up a Facebook group for guests) before we leave and then have it printed out for them as they arrive. As a guest I like to know where I'm supposed to be and when, so I want to provide that to my guests! I'm sure 85% will ignore it though ;)

@@rachelia160

Also having the same groomsmen situation.  I still want to be able to have something in print to remember the day...especially since one of my best friends is going to be our Officiant, I thought it would be nice to recognize her someone in there.  I realize nobody will save them.  but we will. 

then there is the whole, do I print them in Spanish and English because our guests speak both only Spanish, and or only English.

ahh

Hi @rachelia160  We thought it would be fun to do square program fans instead of traditional programs. One side has a paragraph with us thanking everyone for being part of our day (didn't list the bridal party or anything) and the other side is very short and sweet - it says:

Order of Ceremony:

Music Starts

We Get Married

Everyone Parties

Hoping everyone likes it!  And it really is a good fan too, and people will need it in the Jamaica heat!

• Like 1

I DIY'd petal fan programs.  They were a lot of work, but they basically cost me nothing.  I love seeing the programs in pictures, but not sure how useful everyone thought they were.  Nobody was like: "wow, your programs were so helpful".  On a personal level, I always like knowing where we are in a ceremony, so I appreciate them.

MCKAY%20WED-0826_zps3n5nnqxz.jpg

The link for DIY template is here: http://www.ayleebits.com/2006/06/10/diy-fan-programs/

• Like 2

I wanted programs, mostly for the sentimental value so I can look back or my kids can see them. I would have loved to see my parents program bc they can barely remember what was done at their wedding. I think they look good in pictures and I made raffia fan ones so they are useful. You can always make the template snd add in groomsmen names a month out. I also made a note on there thanking guests, reminding them to take their fans and maracas and the order of group pics so they don't wander away. Plus as a guest I love programs, it is something to prevent boredom and being type A I like knowing the order of which things are happening. My 2 cents

I wanted programs, mostly for the sentimental value so I can look back or my kids can see them. I would have loved to see my parents program bc they can barely remember what was done at their wedding. I think they look good in pictures and I made raffia fan ones so they are useful. You can always make the template snd add in groomsmen names a month out. I also made a note on there thanking guests, reminding them to take their fans and maracas and the order of group pics so they don't wander away. Plus as a guest I love programs, it is something to prevent boredom and being type A I like knowing the order of which things are happening. My 2 cents

Hahaha no time for boredom at my wedding. Start to finish the video was 12 minutes - and yea that included walking down and back up the isle :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk