66 replies to this topic

#51 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:51 AM

OMG! that looks GREAT!! I can't believe how similar it is to your ring!!

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#52 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:15 AM

@SteeleTheSpotlight that's a really good fake ring! especially for under $20! 

I really don't think anyone will notice unless they ask to see it up close :), but most of that will probably happen on the wedding day so you're good! 

event.png

#53 SteeleTheSpotlight

SteeleTheSpotlight
  • 80 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Hard Rock Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:31 PM

Thanks ladies!

I'm excited about it!

#54 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:42 PM

Okay Ladies ... My FAKE ring for Mexico arrived today!

A few of you asked me about it so I hope this helps!

http://www.overstock...50122_orderconf

I feel like it's hard to give a review without wearing it and getting it wet and seeing how it wears but from first look it looks really good haha I picked the closest style to my real ring as possible the FI loved it as he is very pro me wearing a fake ring for most of our trip minus the wedding day. I just didn't want to worry about it on the boat, at the pool or playing at the beach and it's our wedding and honeymoon so I really wanted to have a ring on my finger! This way we both won't stress about it and we can keep it locked in the room safe. I looked around at a few sites and some fake ring are pricey ( $100 to $300) .. I really didn't want to spend a lot I even considered going the Claire's haha but I looked online and found the one pictured below on Overstock.com it had really good reviews so I just went for it! It was only $18.22 pretty great deal I honestly didn't know what to expect .. but it look pretty nice!

This is how it came after I took it out of the small soft yellow envelope it came in

IMG_3346.jpg

This is it on my finger it came with both the Engagement and Wedding Band

IMG_3347.jpg

This is my REAL Ring .. So I think the fake is pretty good for $18.22 haha

IMG_3349.jpg

After I wear it a in Mexico I will leave a full review for it on Overstock.com

Wow it's such a close match! It looks great!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#55 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:36 AM

Wow, what a great idea.  I seriously couldn't tell the difference.  great idea.!

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#56 cassie06

cassie06
  • Site Supporter
  • 74 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Casa Dorada
  • LocationCabo San Lucas

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

@SteeleTheSpotlight

Have you got the skinny monogrammed glasses yet? I have used https://www.etsy.com.../TheDabbleQueen

She is great! Really cute stuff!

LOVE READING YOUR THREAD! I need to really do one for me too. I feel like it would make things more organized. I only have about 75 days now too! EEEK! :)

me and the fiance + 61 guests + 1 week in Cabo while getting married = 1 happy girl B)

#57 SteeleTheSpotlight

SteeleTheSpotlight
  • 80 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:55 AM

I haven't posted in forever cause .. I'm too busy FREAKIN planning a wedding lol... 38 days!

I'm making my girls a cute travel bags and sending them out next week!

I ordered them these adorable luggage tags I custom made on Zazzle.

They had a 50% off sale on luggage tags last week. The look even better than I expected!

They say " Bride's Entourage Bridesmaid" one one side and the other says Mrs. XXXXXX ( with there last name)

I did there last names cause they are all newlyweds and I thought it would be cute to put all there new last names on them!

I also oder a Hubby/Wifey one for some of our bags!

I also bought the clear trvel TSA bags from Sephora ...

Then I'm loading them up with cute travel procuts

- mini hairspay

- rosewater mist

- chapstick

- dry shampoo

- hair tie

- luggage tag

- hydrating face wipes

- anti bacterial

- lotion

- mini emery board

I'll post a photo when there are all pit together!

Here are the tags

20150411_111124_1.jpg

Here are the Sephora Travel bags

d50a89ef-0a10-4b02-858f-d445259f9f1a.jpg

This lotion is the best it's by Soap and Glory and they are currently on Sale at Sephora $7 down to $4

Smells just like MIss Dior Cherie .... amazing!

20150411_111848.jpg?t=1428687541

My Robes came in!

They fit amazing and the frabric feels better than I expected!

The only down side was she forgot one of them .. I emailed her right away and she said she would get it to me ASAP and apologized! I also had her add belt loops as they normally don't come with any. It was FREE of charge.

Overall I'm very pleased, just wished I recived them all at once!

Here are the photos ...

20150408_073116.jpg

20150408_073050.jpg

20150408_073033.jpg

20150408_072856.jpg

It was a good purchase I think the girls will look adorable in them! I'm going to wash them before i pack them .. evryone says they soften up with a few washes enev though they don't really feel rough! The fabric is much nicer than I was expecting!

They look just like the photos! I'm glad I went with a large cause the shoulder just barley fit! The lengh is great on my I hope these look good lengh wise on them!

Seller: https://www.etsy.com...ttingReadyRobes

Hangover Bags!

So I wante dthe musilin bags so bad I just couldn't justify the price at around $3.50 per bag .. I tried to find a chearper way and still have them look cute.

Our splurges were the wedding chicks canvas bags and the bubba kegs!

So I Decied to print my own sticker (6.00 for 100) and order small red paper bags (5.00 for 4 dozen)

I will post one when they are done I'll be stuffing them in Mexico

The sticker turned out great!

20150408_072649.jpg

So I will fill the paper bag then fold the top down and place the sticker on to hold it shut .. cute cheap and gets the point across! Excited I found a cheap sloution that still looks cute!

Edited by SteeleTheSpotlight, 11 April 2015 - 09:33 AM.

#58 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:17 AM

@SteeleTheSpotlight I've been wondering how your wedding planning is going. It's coming up quick!

I can see you've been busy! Everything looks great, really love the luggage tags. What a great idea! And your bridesmaids travel bags are great. I'll have to drop by sephora to try that land cream.

As for the robes, thanks for the review! How are the sizes, are they true to size or do they fit smaller or bigger?
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#59 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

I love everything. The robes turned out really nice! I love the tags and I was thinking of putting together a little beauty kit of the bridesmaids too. 

There's so many nice things out there for bridesmaids gifts. I wish I could give them the world, but I'm paying for their dresses so I'm going keep their gifts small for the day of. 

I think the paper bags and stickers will be more than enough. The stickers turned out awesomely and they'll look great once put together :). I agree with you that the little muslin bags are cute, but at the end of the day does anyone really care whether they're paper or muslin, except for us of course haha. 

event.png

#60 SteeleTheSpotlight

SteeleTheSpotlight
  • 80 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:22 PM

@Wafflesmom

I know  I have not been good about doing updates haha.

It's hard I barley have time to work and plan haha

The robes fit I think true to size. I'm a 10 so I went back and forth

with LG and MED haha I'm right on the edge. They fit .. they are more of a fitted cut than I huge bulky robe.

@TinkerSofi

Thanks girl! I hope so ... haha I won't feel bad when everyone throws them out hahaha

You can get so sucked into Esty deails lol ... then you have to come back down to earth lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users