66 replies to this topic

#11 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:34 PM

@perianjay, those are the bangles I was talking about. I love Kate Spade, and she has a whole bridal accessories line now. Definitely getting these. Kinda regret not getting them last year with 30%promo code and a better exchange rate! And hold off on the weddingchicks bag. I bought mine last November and they had a 50% promo code. They haven't had any promotions since then so I'm sure something will pop up soon. We got the design that says, "for away with us"

@SteeleTheSpotlight I love all the ideas!! Did you see that Kate spade has a sale going on? i really want the gramercy locket that's on sale, or even the "say yes" necklace. Do the bangles fit small or big? I have small wrists and am afraid that the bangle may be too big on my wrist. Ok so I'll try to help with some of your questions.

- napkins: have you tried linentablecloths.com? They have coral napkins, table runners, table cloths and chair sashes.
- fans: love the geometric print ribbon and absolutely love the idea of hot glueing the flowers. That will look so pretty and add a great touch of color
- flowers: have you tried contacting mayafloral.com to see if they can help? A lot of brides have used them (you can search for them on this site for reviews) and have just had the flowers dropped off at the lobby to avoid the outside vendor fee.
- robes: I say get them robes if you're planning on "getting ready" pics. It will look great in pictures!

Hope that kinda helps

Edited by Wafflesmom, 27 February 2015 - 05:37 PM.

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#12 SteeleTheSpotlight

SteeleTheSpotlight
  • 80 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Hard Rock Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

@perianjay, those are the bangles I was talking about. I love Kate Spade, and she has a whole bridal accessories line now. Definitely getting these. Kinda regret not getting them last year with 30%promo code and a better exchange rate! And hold off on the weddingchicks bag. I bought mine last November and they had a 50% promo code. They haven't had any promotions since then so I'm sure something will pop up soon. We got the design that says, "for away with us"

@SteeleTheSpotlight I love all the ideas!! Did you see that Kate spade has a sale going on? i really want the gramercy locket that's on sale, or even the "say yes" necklace. Do the bangles fit small or big? I have small wrists and am afraid that the bangle may be too big on my wrist. Ok so I'll try to help with some of your questions.

- napkins: have you tried linentablecloths.com? They have coral napkins, table runners, table cloths and chair sashes.
- fans: love the geometric print ribbon and absolutely love the idea of hot glueing the flowers. That will look so pretty and add a great touch of color
- flowers: have you tried contacting mayafloral.com to see if they can help? A lot of brides have used them (you can search for them on this site for reviews) and have just had the flowers dropped off at the lobby to avoid the outside vendor fee.
- robes: I say get them robes if you're planning on "getting ready" pics. It will look great in pictures!

Hope that kinda helps@waffe

@wafflesmom  thanks so much for all your suggestions! So they said we cannot bring napkins but I'm thinking of doing it anyways haha not sure what they will do but they want to charge me freakin' $8.00 per napkin! That's nuts right?

I did think about just meeting the florist out front but it says in our contract we cannot bring our own flowers so I'm scared if I pay a ton then they won't let me use them! I finally called the resort today to talk to a manager cause the Florist they are making me use is driving me crazy! So hopefully Monday they will have options for me!

I decided today I'm just going to go with the robes from GettingReadyRobes on Etsy I think it's the same seller as Silkandmore. The reviews are mostly good. I'm not going to have them lined it will be hot anyways so hopefully they are fine I am however considering adding belt loops for $2 per robe and maybe pockets for $5 to make them look slightly nicer but the photos on pinterest look pretty good without them.

I'm going to work on the fans tomorrow today it didn't happen haha. The FI thinks the flowers will get smashed in the luggage .. he is not on board with the fans haha. I think people will love them when there sitting there sweating to dead lol. I'll post photos I really like to geo pattern too just wanted to make sure someone agreed haha.

That was the site I was thinking of using for the napkins! Glad to hear it again! I'll be ordering them tomorrow I hope the resort just let me put them out! haha

#13 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:09 PM

It actually states in your contract that you can't bring your own flowers? Wow, that's a bit strict isn't it? And you can't bring your own napkins? I find that so weird that the rules change so much between Hard Rock and Palace Resorts, especially since they're both owned by the same company! 

There's another company I was looking at for robes, weddingprepgals.com They have lots of colors, including coral and I believe gold. Not sure about quality though. I do agree that unlined will be good since it will be hot.

I really love your fans, maybe packing them in little Rubbermaid containers and then pack that in your luggage will save them from getting squished. My friend recently went to a destination wedding and she said fans would be really nice to have. Even if the don't use it, they'll add a nice touch of color and personalization to your ceremony decor.

<p>event.png

#14 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:54 AM

Everything is great!!
Here is a few answers for the ones I could.
1. I assume your officiant has good English. Ours spoke 5 languages and while English wasn't his first language there was no problem understanding him. I love a Spanish accent and found it very dreamy.

2. You have great OOT bags and I wouldn't worry about adding more. I personally wouldn't get any bubble bath. Chances are people won't use the bath tub and for those who do they probably offer it at the resort or could use their body wash! I think you'd be better off saving that money.

Sorry the glasses didn't work out. The ones you got are great. I got mine at the dollar store too.

You mentioned tunblers for your girls. Are they not getting a bubba? I probably wouldn't do both. Maybe find someone who can label them with something special for the girls????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#15 SteeleTheSpotlight

SteeleTheSpotlight
  • 80 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:11 PM

It actually states in your contract that you can't bring your own flowers? Wow, that's a bit strict isn't it? And you can't bring your own napkins? I find that so weird that the rules change so much between Hard Rock and Palace Resorts, especially since they're both owned by the same company! 

There's another company I was looking at for robes, weddingprepgals.com They have lots of colors, including coral and I believe gold. Not sure about quality though. I do agree that unlined will be good since it will be hot.

I really love your fans, maybe packing them in little Rubbermaid containers and then pack that in your luggage will save them from getting squished. My friend recently went to a destination wedding and she said fans would be really nice to have. Even if the don't use it, they'll add a nice touch of color and personalization to your ceremony decor.

Yes our contract is crazy there is a list of like 30 items we can't bring and must purchase from them only.

Were doing a bonfire for our welcome party and they are charging us $1,200.00 to have it $350 just for wood .. It's seriously crazy! I feel like there prices are outrageous! But were stuck haha.

Great idea with the Rubbermaid container idea!

Thanks I put in request to join both of the Facebook groups .. I wasn't sure which one you were talking about I found two!

I didn't even know that existed so it will be good to get some feed back! I'm just not sure how strict they are going to be with the things listed on the contract.

@calgarybride2015

Thanks for you suggestions!

Glad to hear you could understand your officiant ... I was worried haha.

I think I will take your bauble bath advice because the suitcases are getting so full lol and it's one less thing to hassle!

The girls are getting bubba kegs but I'm obsessed with the clear skinny tumbles I found on Etsy with there name and then Bridesmaid, MOB ect. I think they will look so cute in the photos so  I am getting both haha. The bubba's they will use at the pool the other ones they can take home or whatever lol I just want them for photos! There is a few pinterest picture I just have to have lol and that is one! We have our photographer from 10:00am to 11:00pm so there will be lots of getting ready photos!

#16 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:46 PM

The Facebook forum that's quite active is called Forum for Palace & Hard Rock Resorts Brides & Destination Weddings

A bonfire sounds great, I can't believe it's $350 for just the firewood!

<p>event.png

#17 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:52 AM

Oh my God.. I can't believe it's $1200 for a Bonfire?!

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#18 SteeleTheSpotlight

SteeleTheSpotlight
  • 80 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:57 PM

Thanks girls! Haha I know it's freakin nuts! I'm glad others agree!

So two hours, almost two rolls of ribbon, 15 hot glue sticks, and 6 stems of orange orchids and a little help from the FI we have fans for our wedding! YAY one more thing to check off the list!

20150301_144359.jpg

Excuse my table but I had no where to put them lol

20150301_144259.jpg

#19 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

Those look absolutely fantastic!! :) Totally inspired now.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#20 JoannaBanana

JoannaBanana
  • 319 posts
    • LocationEtobicoke

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:57 PM

OOT BAGS ... In the making!

Things I want too add .. the FI is gonna kill me!

What do you think about are bags ...? Missing anything big or super fun?

First of all, I want you to know I'm enjoying your thread and there's a real possibility that I steal your colours.

But I have to say, I'm siding with your man here! I see OOT bags as a fun gesture and yours are getting to be a very full bag. The logistics of getting it all down there, and then the expense that your man objects to. Okay maybe I'm cheap. Ok I know I'm cheap. But I think your guests will be more than thrilled with the current contents and adding more isn't necessary. That said if you can get him to agree with the expense and the extra baggage then carry on!

My Planning Thread (Grand Sirenis 05.12.16)http://www.bestdesti...-grand-sirenis/<p>

weight.png
    event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users