We're at 11 months until our wedding and figure that it's time to have our engagement photos done. I love photos and so I'd really love to have engagement photos taken. Plus, we wanted to have pictures of us with our two-year old puppy and have a picture of the three of us displayed at our cake table. That way, our puppy can be a part of our wedding.

So I've contacted a few local photographers and have received a few quotes ranging from $300-600 for two hours, all edited digital files on a disk. I've asked a few of my friends what the average price is for engagement sessions so I at least have a base price to compare the quotes to but most had their session included in their overall wedding photography package. I figure that the best to ask would be my fellow destination brides. So ladies, what did you pay for your engagement session and what was included?

• Like 1

I paid $200 for 90 minutes and 100 edited photos.

Most quotes I got were much much higher.

What I did was go on kijiji and search for the cheapest options. Then I researched each one and picked from there.

He didn't care what we did in that 90 mins so we did engagement, family and kid shots!

He was awesome. I almost asked him to come to Mexico. We will use him again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I paid $200 for 90 minutes and 100 edited photos.

Most quotes I got were much much higher.

What I did was go on kijiji and search for the cheapest options. Then I researched each one and picked from there.

He didn't care what we did in that 90 mins so we did engagement, family and kid shots!

He was awesome. I almost asked him to come to Mexico. We will use him again!

We had our family photos taken two years ago by a local photographer for $100 and it was 1-2 hours long and she gave us all the images on a cd. I would hire her in a heartbeat but she's out of the country for a few years.

Thanks for the tip Kim, I'll look on kijiji.

• Like 1

@@SteeleTheSpotlight that's a pretty good price for 3 hours, and 3 locations! Plus all the photos, I would go for that.

Ideally I'd like photos in an urban setting (maybe downtown), by a lame and at a forest. Like Colorado, we have amazing sceneries in BC and I'd like to take advantage of it. So far the best offer we've had is $600 for 2 locations, 2 hours and 100-125 edited photos. They're great photographers and you get two principal photographers in the package but that seems like a lot.

And yes, what are you going to wear? Lol

If you liked them could you negotiate only one photographer? For engagement shots 2 seems like overkill but what do I know :)

I'm not much into dressing up or the spotlight so thank god I didn't have to change lol

@Wafflesmom - We did ours during a trip to New Orleans, which has special meaning to us. After doing some research, we hired a local independent photographer whose work we really liked. He charged us $400. He ended up being awesome!! We spent about three hours with him, which included walking and taking photos all over the French Quarter, an outfit change at our hotel and even a cocktail break. ;) He ended up sending us somewhere between 100-125 edited photos on a disc a few weeks following our shoot.

Edited by JenniferH114
  • Like 1

@Wafflesmom - We did ours during a trip to New Orleans, which has special meaning to us. After doing some research, we hired a local independent photographer whose work we really liked. He charged us $400. He ended up being awesome!! We spent about three hours with him, which included walking and taking photos all over the French Quarter, an outfit change at our hotel and even a cocktail break. ;) He ended up sending us somewhere between 100-125 edited photos on a disc a few weeks following our shoot.

Thanks @JenniferH11. it sounds like you had a great session! Love the cocktail break in between :) And it's nice you were able to take it in a different setting that means a lot to you both

• Like 1

I'm dying to see peoples ideas and outfits haha.

I'm going to start working on our outfits this week! After shopping for my shower dress for ALL of last week and finding NOTHING I finally just ordered 3 online they will all be here with in days I hope one fits and I like it haha White dresses are really hard to find especially this time of year! My Shower is next Saturday ehhhh!

www.revoleclothing.com

and

https://www.lulus.com/

These site are both great and you can search by size and color. Bonus they both do free shipping and free returns a HUGE plus!

@Wafflesmom good luck with the negotiating hope it works out for you! Haha We are hoping to get some snow in our photos that's why we waited so long to do them. Since our wedding photos will be on the beach I wanted to hang photos in our house that are different. We met for the first time at Starbucks so we wanted to take some photos there and our third location will be our new house we just bought. I thought it would be sweet to have some professional photos in our new house together. So exciting!

• Like 2