Neako's Planning Thread - Riviera Maya 2016

Holy seaweed batman!!! Wasn't like that in January but like you said could have been worse due to the tropical storm.

Sorry your trip wasn't as great as it could have been but I hope it helped some!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Wow - that's incredible! I knew it was bad but those pics put a whole different perspective on it. We're travelling in October so I hope its improved by then!

Aw it does suck that things didn't go as well as planned. We also kind of wasted a trip down there and it truly sucks. We had a similar experience with tons of rain during one of our trips, and we did the same, ended up swimming in the rain haha :) 

I hope the seaweed is not as bad in August, we're running out of time for our wedding. I guess I'll have to channel my inner mermaid and become one with the seaweed, because there's no way I'd stay at the pool for 7 days. I'd go nuts! I always love the beach :) 

• Like 3

If it's any consolation, I've been to the area during monsoon rain, which is not the greatest. It wasn't a wedding-related trip but still makes you feel a bit ripped off on the vacation front. We also recently were there for vacation and planned a site visit at our resort. I was so sick during that visit - bronchitis and pink eye, and then shortly thereafter developed a sinus infection. Hope the FI's taste buds were functioning for the lengthy menu tasting that we did, since mine were certainly not

At least swimming in the rain is really fun and cuts down on the crowds at the pools

• Like 3

I got an unbeatable quote for Grand Sirenis. No matter our selection I think we're closing in on a choice.

How much if you don't mind me being nosy??

@@JoannaBanana that's so good. I feel like we booked the Sirenis at a bad time especially considering how cheap @@calgarybride2015's package was. Mine is still around the $2000 mark and I wish it was lower since we wanted more friends to come but they can't afford it.

Thank you.  I actually plan on retiring this thread once I confirm a booking.  It has too much pre-preplanning and I'd like for my real planning thread to have my actual username, resort, and date in the title.  So hopefully you'll see a new thread for me at the beginning of July.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics