Mrsctob's Planning Thread-3.14.2015 Valentin Imperial Maya

Love it all :) great choices. I also prefer my short hair down but it's got a mind of it's own and I knew the heat and humidity would ruin it, so I sucked it up and grew it out for the wedding. Out meaning almost to my shoulders haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved your hair!! I think it was perfect for you. I have a LOT of hair but oddly enough, it does not frizz. It holds a curl very well so I just decided to roll with that. Otherwise, I would have definitely researched some up options. 

• Like 2

Next up....

Hair and make up inspiration:

I debated back and forth for awhile about how I wanted to look on the big day. I am an on location hair and make up artist, specializing in weddings and special occasions so I am pretty de sensitized by the whole thing and didn't really know what direction I wanted to go in. Up dos are the general go to (keep you cool and hair out of the face) but I NEVER wear my hair up. So, I decided that I wanted to look like myself and keep the hair down. This is what I am thinking...

Not super fancy but I love the simplicity of it. I intend on making it a little more finger wave-ish. 

For make up, I will be using this for inspiration (who doesn't want to look like Megan Fox) but making some adjustments for my eye and skin tones.

Here is a test run from the other day

(excuse the eyeliner, I forgot to get a picture until after work and making dinner and rubbing my eyes apparently lol)
Just a suggestion for you ladies looking for a good day of lip, Anastasia Beverly Hills sells a new line of liquid lipsticks that are out of this world!! I apply a layer of lip liner first and then two coats of the liquid lipstick and it seriously lasts through eating, kissing, etc. 
Pure Hollywood (? I think its called...Pure SOMETHING) is a great shade for brides of any skin color. 

Accessories 
I decided I did not want a veil. Well...I do want a veil but I don't want to get annoyed with it flapping around and getting whipped in my face. So, I settled for a hair piece. This is the picture from the Etsy shop that I order from, but I had it made smaller than this.
It wont sit as high on the head. I will post a picture with it on soon.

For earrings I wanted a bit of a dandle shape. I found these on nordstrom.com. The maker is Nadri I believe .

I had a hard time finding a bracelet that I liked. I wanted something that wasn't too small, but not gaudy either. My dress has pearls and diamonds in the beading so I wanted something that combined the two. My best friend and bridesmaid happens to make jewelry. I don't know why I didn't ask her sooner but when she saw my dress she mentioned that she had some pearls and beading that would look great with it. And so, my bracelet was born...

It looks like two pieces but its one continuous bracelet. I am so happy with it! It really looks perfect with the dress  :wub:  :wub:

Shoes... I LOVE SHOES. I knew from the beginning though, that a heel would never work for me. Heels + sand never mix. I liked the idea of the barefoot sandal and have not ruled them out entirely but I am not sure if the heat of the sand mixed with having to walk barefoot to the beach will be a good idea. I planned on getting a pretty sandal for the reception and I think I might just wear them to the ceremony, take them off when we arrive to the beach, and put them back on for the reception. 

They are from DSW and again, have a mix of pearls and diamond blingy things lol.

We have very similar earrings!  I got mine off of ebay tho, lol.  They are VERY heavy, so not even sure I'll end up wearing them!

We have very similar earrings!  I got mine off of ebay tho, lol.  They are VERY heavy, so not even sure I'll end up wearing them!

really? Mine are super light, thankfully! I can't do heavy earrings. My earlobes will end up the size of golf balls if I try.

• Like 1

I went back and looked, similar but not the same!

This pair is really light, and pretty:

20140711 124141

Earring Option 2

I love these, but they're REALLY heavy.  I might literally wear them for the 30 min ceremony and then change, lol!

Earring Option 1

• Like 1

I did - I got them a few months ago.  I'm going to decide next week when I'm getting ready :)

Nice!! Always good to have options. I love them both but the first ones  :wub:  :wub:

Nice!! Always good to have options. I love them both but the first ones  :wub:  :wub:

I'll have to see them with my hair - I can't wait!!  We have like a week to go - are you super excited?  One of my co-workers is actually getting married in RM the same day too - popular day :)

• Like 1

I'll have to see them with my hair - I can't wait!!  We have like a week to go - are you super excited?  One of my co-workers is actually getting married in RM the same day too - popular day :)

I am!!! Nervous, excited, stressed... lol many things at once but I really can't wait to get there. How about you? Hope your toe is healing well! 

Really? Which resort is she getting married at? I am still thinking we will see each other at the airport lol If I see someone who looks like you get toted around, I will say hi! 

• Like 1

Hard Rock, but not on this board. I'll be the one with a shoe, 2 kids and like 17 adults lol. I don't think I will need a wheelchair, tho if it gets Mr through customs faster...

We very well might! :)

• Like 1