I have narrowed down my final choices and this resort is a finalist. I haven't been able to find any information on this forum about this resort! Does anyone have some feedback to offer? I'd love to hear from you.

Edit:

Ok I found one! http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/47828-leslies-grand-riviera-princess-review/

Edited by Neako

Hmm, I like the look of this resort online but I'm worried that no one has chosen them or relayed any experience.  I just realized that I could search for Grand Sunset Princess as well, because they are the same resort (not sure what the difference is with the two titles).  That yielded more results, but still - most are from 2010 or older.

Edit: Ugh, now I'm finding negative reviews.  Poo!

Edited by Neako

@

Yes, you will probably find more reviews if you search under Grand Sunset Princess.  One review that I really enjoyed reading was "Neha's" wedding review.  Maybe type Neha grand sunset princess. 

The hotel is huge.  There is the Grand Sunset Princess side which is where there sun sets, literally and the Riviera side where it rises.  There is also a new complex next door to the Riviera side and it's the Platinum Princess adults only. 

Grand Sunset Princess and Riviera Princess share the same facilities and pools and beach, it's just such a big hotel that it is split.  In the past they had their adults only sections in the Riviera side, but now that the hotel has rebranded to being more kid friendly, adults only is next door.  ]

I have been to this hotel twice and stayed on the Riviera side and we loved it so much we are getting married there in June.

If you have any questions let me know! : )

• Like 1

@

Yes, you will probably find more reviews if you search under Grand Sunset Princess. One review that I really enjoyed reading was "Neha's" wedding review. Maybe type Neha grand sunset princess.

The hotel is huge. There is the Grand Sunset Princess side which is where there sun sets, literally and the Riviera side where it rises. There is also a new complex next door to the Riviera side and it's the Platinum Princess adults only.

Grand Sunset Princess and Riviera Princess share the same facilities and pools and beach, it's just such a big hotel that it is split. In the past they had their adults only sections in the Riviera side, but now that the hotel has rebranded to being more kid friendly, adults only is next door. ]

I have been to this hotel twice and stayed on the Riviera side and we loved it so much we are getting married there in June.

If you have any questions let me know! : )

Thank you for this! Here is the review you mentioned for others to read:

I wanted to give a review to whoever wants to read one because i found these extremely helpful when I was planning my wedding at the Grand Sunset Princess. Sorry for typos/disorganization of thoughts because I'm typing super fast 

We had our wedding at the grand sunset princess on June 7th, 2014. My husband and i stayed there for 2 weeks, our guests stayed anywhere from 5 to 9 days. We booked with apple vacations through all inclusive vacations and resorts in denver, colorado. Most of our guests came from denver, although some came from different states, and even my grandma came from India! We had 45 guests total. When we all got to the resort we were pretty blown away. My husband and I were so excited right away. The grounds are so well taken care of and beautiful. The resort is massive and looks like a big palace. The lobby is open on all sides so you can see outside and feel the fresh humid air...It's awesome and so pretty. All of our rooms were fairly close depending on what room category each of our guests were in. Although the resort is huge, it was not hard to find people or get a hold of people for the most part. It was so fun to be able to walk along the walkway from the lobby to the beach and see people I know here and there from our wedding party. It was like being in a little town with all of your friends and family. All of our guests told me how amazing they thought the resort was. The staff was so nice and so attentive and helpful. The food was great and our fridges were stocked with water, beer, and soft drinks each day and our room was cleaned very well. All of the rooms were great. We saw the swim up, regular, and platinum rooms and they all were pretty spacious and nice and clean. The pools were so much fun, and so was the beach! We all loved it. 

I started planning my wedding last August 2013 and Guillermo was my wedding planner. He was/is AMAZING. I loved him. Let me just tell you first of all I was not very happy with him taking a week or even two sometimes to respond to my emails, but then again I did email him very often with different questions and requests. When I got to the resort he was standing there waiting for me to check in. He was so nice and welcoming. He took us to the wedding coordinator office and brought out a book or binder with everything I asked for and started asking last minute questions. After that I felt so good about everything! He knew my style exactly and I totally trusted him and felt less stressed right away. He was soooo good and I would highly, highly recommend him!

The wedding day was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING to say the least! We had our ceremony at the Sunset Gazebo and the reception was at the Chill Out Beach Club. I highly, highly, recommend this combination because the sunset gazebo is basically part of the chill out beach club. I know it seems pricy to have the private chill out club reception but it is SO WORTH IT! I can't stress that enough. The ceremony was beautiful and it was set up exactly how I wanted it. Now for the reception, it was private in the chill out beach club restaurant. The dinner was amazing, we chose the caribbean buffet. the drinks were amazing. the staff was so, so attentive and filled our drinks as soon as they were empty. everything went so smoothly and i was so pleased. The tables were decorated beautifully. I used our bridesmaids bouquets for centerpieces and they were placed in a cylinder vase with sand at the bottom and floating candles around. We also used the flowers from the ceremony as centerpieces for the head table. For 45 people, we had our head table with me and my husband, our bridal party, and then 5 round tables in front of us. Guillermo was so great, he added little candles and floating flowers in vases with water for centerpieces without telling me and I loved them! He knew exactly what I wanted. It was so pretty outside at the chill out beach club and having a private dinner with all your guests in that outdoor restaurant on the beach during sunset is truly amazing. After dinner, we cut the cake and had dessert and then went to the dance floor- we opted for the light up dance floor in the sand on the beach. The DJ played great music and my husband and I and our guests danced ALL night (even Guillermo came and danced with us )! We also opted for an extra hour, so we did 6pm-11pm and it was really worth it too. The staff brought us out drinks like crazy. They would bring out trays of tequila shots and our friends and family like to have a good time so....we drank a lot of tequila! It was so much fun!

As for hair and make-up, I chose The Styling Trio. i researched this forever because I am so picky about my hair and make up. My hair gets really frizzy and poofy in humidity and I don't like to wear a lot of make up in humidity either. They did an AMAZING job. Adrian did my makeup and Angie did my hair. I will attach a link to our photos below. I saw in the forums that people feel like the styling trio is a little expensive, but believe me, just like about the chill out party-the styling trio is soooo worth it!!

I chose Dean Sanderson as the photographer. You have to pay an extra $200 to the resort for an external photographer. I am so glad I chose him! he was so, so good. I also researched this forever....because i knew i would look at my wedding photos forever and be showing them to all of our friends back home that could not make it. So many people commented on how great the photos were. He does a great job of capturing the details and the moment. I love every single photo he took! He got photos of things I didn't even realize...loved it!!!! I highly recommend him. Super easy to work with and you barely knew he was there. I don't think I've ever looked so good in a picture in my life! Haha

As you can see...i was so incredibly pleased with our wedding, the resort, and the vendors we used. They were all SO amazing! I am very picky about things and every single thing was exactly how i imagined it, or even better.

Here is a link to our facebook album of our wedding. Even if you don't have FB, you should be able to view it.

https://www.facebook...=1&l=27b713ac30

Edited by Neako
  • Like 1