• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 LadyP

LadyP
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:26 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by starfish kate
    Catherine, given what you've said about your family, I'd invite your friends that you are close to and FH's family. Look at it this way- who would you invite to your son's birthday party? Would it be the same people?

(Listen to me- I'm in the same boat and I'm giving advice.... Hm...)

Well for my son's parties it his friends and family is a given. Most dont show up but His father and I could careless because hahahaha I got it. It is about him no one else matters.

THANK YOU

#12 Copita

Copita
    • 979 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:34 AM

The guest list is really annoying! J and I came up with a 'master copy' guest list with everyone we wanted to invite.
      then we began budgeting and decided that anyone who was a 'maybe' or we were inviting so they wouldn't feel bad, was not going to be on the end copy.
      So that is how we decided that.
      11 months will go by so fast!! I have a little less than 8 months to go and feel like there is so much to do!
      You are not alone!

#13 meandpaul

meandpaul
      • 233 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:56 AM

I never would have thought that the guest list would be a problem for a DW. I would invite everyone if I thought they would come. Almost everyone I know is unable to afford it. Only my daughter, mother, aunt, and two friends of mine (and their husbands) are coming. It is all of the other stuff that I am fretting over (the AHR plans).

#14 meandpaul

meandpaul
        • 233 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:59 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LadyP
          So do I invite my girls and guys and his family or my family and his family That is the problem.
          If you are closer to friends, you invite them. If FI is closer to family, invite them. This is YOUR day so have those closest to you there...that is not always blood relatives.

#15 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:51 PM

Catherine can you invite his family, your family and your closest friends? If you are not that close to your family they probably won't come anyway but there is no harm in inviting them. This way it is up to them to decide if they want to come or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users