Veryvalero's Wedding Planning Thread - Grand Sunset Princess

Also quite weird using my new last name. I once said my maiden name and then quickly said I mean 'bourque' hahahah!

I can imagine! I'm not changing my last name but just thinking about calling myself something different after so many years would be weird at first haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can imagine! I'm not changing my last name but just thinking about calling myself something different after so many years would be weird at first haha

Always love to hear why some change their name and not others?   I always grew up hating my last name, so it was a no brainer for me HAHAH!  If my children had my last name I wouldn't have changed it, but since they don't anyways it wasn't a big deal.  It is a pain in the butt to change it and also costly! ugh!      But you are right, saying husband, using your new last name, using your new signature, etc. is quite an adjustment.

Always love to hear why some change their name and not others? I always grew up hating my last name, so it was a no brainer for me HAHAH! If my children had my last name I wouldn't have changed it, but since they don't anyways it wasn't a big deal. It is a pain in the butt to change it and also costly! ugh! But you are right, saying husband, using your new last name, using your new signature, etc. is quite an adjustment.

I never wanted to change my last name, even before meeting Juan. My mind was made up pretty much since I was a teenager. I like my last name and the way I see it, if a man won't change his name why should I change mine. I know it's a silly argument haha but it makes sense in my head . I guess I don't have a super valid argument more than my last name being part of my identity and I want to keep that :). It's always personal preference I think.

• Like 2

I never wanted to change my last name, even before meeting Juan. My mind was made up pretty much since I was a teenager. I like my last name and the way I see it, if a man won't change his name why should I change mine. I know it's a silly argument haha but it makes sense in my head . I guess I don't have a super valid argument more than my last name being part of my identity and I want to keep that :). It's always personal preference I think.

Forsure... I just love to hear why people chose one way or another.  My sister has a male friend who took his wife's last name!!

@@calgarybride2015 Hahaha.. it's funny how these things can affect us in these ways. If I have a boy one day I really want to name him "Porter", poor guy will be P.Yu .. but I feel like at that point P you will be a thing of the past that these new aged kids won't even find funny.. I hope. haha

You make a valid point.  With all the electronics and stuff these days, kids are in a totally different world!!!

• Like 1

In our culture the kids take the dads and the moms last name. So my kids will be named Aguilar Lopez, just like I am Lopez Bilbao and he is Aguilar Zapata. That way the kids always have both the parents' names :)

Forsure... I just love to hear why people chose one way or another. My sister has a male friend who took his wife's last name!!

You make a valid point. With all the electronics and stuff these days, kids are in a totally different world!!!

That's awesome! I had never heard of that before, only of guys who get really offended when women will not take their last name. Thankfully Juan left it up to me he said that it was my name and I should do what I wanted with it.

I think if I really hated my name I would change it as it would be the perfect excuse to do it :)

• Like 1

In our culture the kids take the dads and the moms last name. So my kids will be named Aguilar Lopez, just like I am Lopez Bilbao and he is Aguilar Zapata. That way the kids always have both the parents' names :)

That's awesome! I had never heard of that before, only of guys who get really offended when women will not take their last name. Thankfully Juan left it up to me he said that it was my name and I should do what I wanted with it.

I think if I really hated my name I would change it as it would be the perfect excuse to do it :)

Ohhh I love that idea!!  if we had talked some 9 years ago (lol) I may have given my kids both of our last names!!!

And your last names are soooo dreamy too!  (mine is far from dreamy lol).....

• Like 2

I'm not taking my FIs last name because growing up my mom never changed hers and we have the same profession-in science a lot of times women keep their maiden name. So it has just been engrained in me. I get why people change their names and it does seem easier/romantic ( also my name is hard to pronounce and my FIs is easy) but for me my name is part of "me". Although not going to lie, it's nice not having to jump through all the hoops to change it

My FI doesn't care ( if he did we'd have a problem, more on the principal of it all) and I told him the kids can have his last name but that means I get more pull picking their first name

Edited by nadiakat17
  • Like 2

Sometimes I wish I had the same as my kids but since it's more and more common not to, it's less hassle. Some 15 years ago my sister had to prove they were hers all the time. Upset her deeply

• Like 1