Veryvalero's Wedding Planning Thread - Grand Sunset Princess

Very true, I thought about that when we were at the Clerk's office.  I should just ask them.  

I found the website very vague though and focused more on the requirements to obtain the license etc etc. 

It's probably written in an act.  @@calgarybride2015   I'll find out!  ;)

I found the website so confusing haha so I prefer to get the info from people to clarify but yeah you would think that they mention that big no no somewhere! 

@@veryvalentine  Life after is super fun too!   I think I am almost over the wedding withdrawal/blues stage! ha!

So much fun things to talk about now  -- we aren't having kids, but buying a home and our honeymoon and such has been fun to plan and talk about!   

HAHAHAH!!!  vows for your feelings!   We are such women and they are such men, hey?   

Men seem to fly by the seat of their pants and we are more logical!  Even though they hate it, they will admit we keep things together!

• Like 3

@@veryvalentine  Life after is super fun too!   I think I am almost over the wedding withdrawal/blues stage! ha!

So much fun things to talk about now  -- we aren't having kids, but buying a home and our honeymoon and such has been fun to plan and talk about!   

HAHAHAH!!!  vows for your feelings!   We are such women and they are such men, hey?   

Men seem to fly by the seat of their pants and we are more logical!  Even though they hate it, they will admit we keep things together!

they are so logical, but sometimes I need a bit of logic in my life. I'm too much of a dreamer. 

I can't remember what Juan said the other day when we were talking about what he'd say in his vows. I told him that I knew he didn't want to do vows but he insisted that we should because I wanted them. He said something ridiculous and I was just like, well we might as well not write anything if you're going to say that haha. It was also something so practical, no feelings, just bad hahah. 

ahaha @@veryvalentine I went back and read your comment on the feelings hahah. The other day this comedian was saying that men and women are different because women have 100 things going on at once in our brains and men have 1 or none. So he said, it drives women crazy to know that men can actually be thinking about nothing, because there is no such thing in our dictionary. It was funny and true lol. 

Edited by TinkerSofi
  • Like 3

I cannot believe my time ticker reads 1 month and 2 weeks!!  What the France!!??

Updates:

The Dress

So I went for alterations yesterday AND MY DRESS IS NOW TOO BIG!!  What a debacle with this dress.  I paid $220 yesterday for them to shorten my dress since I'm only 5.4, and they are sewing my crinoline into the dress because even just being at the bridal store I was so hot wearing that extra layer of crinoline.  So right now my dress is too big in the bust area and the lower hip, upper hip and waist.  It's a corset dress and both ends of the dress are meeting which apparently you are supposed to show off the lace up so ya. 

So we've agreed to postpone the alterations for the size until May 26th- so I have 21 days to lose as much weight as I can and then I need to chill it because they will be sizing it.

It makes sense because all my clothes is too big right now.  I'm holding off on shopping for my resort clothes til the week before we leave. 

• Like 6

Awww thanks!!  @perianjay  So sweet.

It's a little annoying that I will have to still pay $91 for alterations and another $60 for the bustle...it's literally like $400 in alterations.  I'm really happy that they are taking in the dress rather than taking it out.  It's less traumatic for me.  haha.

the nice thing is that they charge a flast rate of $91 so it doesn't matter how much they have to take in...so I can just run wild with the weight loss.  haha.

• Like 3

I mean it sucks that the dress is now too big, but that's always the nicer side of that problem ;). Congrats on all the achievement and weight loss. I can't wait to see it all altered! 

It's crazy how the last 3 months have gone by so quickly. It's even weirder that your ticker seems to be going faster than mine hahah (if that makes any sense :P ). A month is literally soo close! I'm getting really excited

• Like 1

I'm totally happy it's too big.  I figured it would be eventually.  I will definitely post a pic for my final fitting.  I've been going to these appointments alone so I felt weird just snapping pics of myself while the alterations lady is working away.  lol

@TinkerSofi  Time definitely flies by in about 1.5 weeks your ticker is going to say 2 months....so time is definitely flying by.

I will be taking pics of all the little projects we've been working on....

I actually have a big sale June 6th that I'm preparing for so I'm juggling wedding planning, a job, and my side job... no sleep, lots of coffee.

Edited by veryvalentine
  • Like 2

Oh my goodness you ladies always find a way to give me a chuckle. I keep asking Doug if he can walk and chew gum at the same time! If I try to talk to him while he's on the computer, or on his tablet, or even watching tv, I get this look like "what planet did you just drop from and why are you talking to me?" lol He's another one that says I ask to many questions! Hey I'm a law clerk. I went to school to LEARN how to ask questions!! lol

@@veryvalentine your weight loss is truly remarkable and as was already said, an inspiration for everyone else. I really wish I could do it sigh...

• Like 1