Veryvalero's Wedding Planning Thread - Grand Sunset Princess

I had an itemized list of what was in each bag - on advice from another bride - although I carried it with me so I had it handy incase they had my bags or I lost one. What I did was on my luggage tags (the ones I made) I wrote a #1,#2 etc so if I was in customs and he opened #1 I could quickly say what was in that suitcase. Then I had an envelope for decor and an envelope for gifts and then one more with wedding stuff :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

We did get a lot done over the weekend! I got my placecards done and printed finally, got the last of our guests' entree choices for our welcome dinner, got all my documents printed and organized just like you mentioned for your binder! I did some more shopping for clothes to pack. So I think we're in pretty good shape. I also worked for a bit to try to get things organized to hand off while I"m off for 2 weeks. The only thing I didn't do over the long weekend is work out. My advice to brides is definitely don't wait until the last month to try to lose weight/exercise. There is no time!

I started packing my decor/welcome bags stuff last night and it definitely does not all fit in my carry on suitcase, but all the breakable stuff does, so I feel okay about that. I'll need another bag with our welcome bag contents and, like you, I'm really worried to check it! My fiance things I'm insane, but if it doesn't make it we have no welcome bags and that would be such a waste of time and money! Plus I still worry about it getting thrown around and all ruined with the checked bags. We have a few other people on our flight so I'm hoping someone can take it for us as their carry on.

Wedding is 2 weeks from today and we leave in 9!

AWww thanks ladies!!

@@beckys98  I owe you an email!! i'll email you later today ;)   Did you get ahead with the long weekend?  I was honestly dreading the reality check of packing but honestly just do it, it feels so great once you do.  I definitely agree about finding a proper carry on bag.  I still haven't figured that out yet.  I'm definitely going to have to put some thought into it.  I'm worried about my luggages getting lost.  I would be so sad.  I'm sure i'm not the first or last bride to think of that and I'm sure things always, usually work out but still... :mellow:

@@calgarybride2015  It's so nice to hear that your friend had a great experience.  We are so excited.  I thought of you when I packed my tumblers as I remember reading over and over your thread about how to pack them.  Did I make this up, or did you include a paper insdie the luggage with the count of all your items and the explanantion of what it is for?  

@@Wafflesmom   I absolutely do not mind at all sharing the Etsy artist.    

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/214121144/set-of-12-lip-balms-handmade?ref=shop_home_active_7

We were so happy with them and you can chose some fun flavours or scents I should say.  There are a variety of different designs and also custom options.  She's so nice to deal with as well.  

I started my wedding binder!  This has also allowed me to feel super organized.  All our contracts, vendors agreements, receipts, guests arrivals and departures, photographer contract, everything that is wedding related is in there.  

I figured it would be help for customs to see that we are in fact getting married.  Also keeping all the receipts for the items we are bring down as i've heard it's a must to avoid issues.  None of this I would actually know without this amazing forum. 

:D

• Like 3

@@calgarybride2015 that's such a great idea! I always watch that show where they show border security and what happens haha and people always get in trouble for not saying what's in the bag! haha I guess when you have so many it's hard to keep track. I'll have to do that :) 

@@beckys98 you didn't go to the gym, but it seems that you were running around anyway getting all these things done! That counts :)

@@veryvalentine I need to start my binder as well. I started it when we first booked everything but since I don't have a printer hooked up to my computer it's just too much of a hassle. I need to always use my dad's computer. Maybe I can give Juan the job hahah. Poor guy, gets stuck with the worst tasks :P

• Like 1

If we could pack you could do it! We had a carry on suitcase each and backpack then each checked large suitcase and 3 50# boxes ( couldn't find suitcase big enough) Such a pain. It worked but we had so much stuff and boxes definitely draw attention

• Like 1

@@TinkerSofi did I ever mention on here I got searched at the Washington border coming back with my maracas. He probably didn't believe I drove to the USA for maracas but I sure did :)

yeah I think it read it on your thread lol. They were probably considering putting those maracas through an x-ray lol 

I had only opened the box quickly to see them so I was a tad worried what else may be in the box haha! Phew! The dog was out and all. Actually they were filming border security that day too

• Like 1

@@calgarybride2015  omg!!!  hahhaa

So a few updates...  in addition to a new wedding coordinator, we have 4 new guests attending.  At this point we have decided that all the last minute attendees are not getting welcome bags.  lol   It's too hard to keep adding items for extra people.  We can add people to our reception up until the day before so that's fine and we have the budget for it, the more the merrier but we are not going to keep updating our guest roster and welcome bag numbers.  Too stressful.

Our flight leaving on June 14th was cancelled.  Our travel agent noticed yesterday but the good news is we now get to leave June 13th.  Our flight on the Sunday originally got us at the hotel at about 10Pm which was annoying because we basically miss an entire day at the resort but definitely pay for a whole day.  

So now we are leaving at 6am on Sat and will probably be at the hotel by 11am.  I have butterflies in my stomach...and the extra day is complimentary!!  yay!  The only bad thing is that we had arranged for  our legal marriage for the sat and now we need to move it to Friday and we are still waiting to hear if the officiant is ok with that!  ahhhh. 

*keeping calm!

@@calgarybride2015  one more question!  Did you fly sunwing?

Edited by veryvalentine
  • Like 5