Veryvalero's Wedding Planning Thread - Grand Sunset Princess

oh man! that truly sucks :( I hope you can lose all the weight before the wedding! 

Are you planning on a plan b dress just in case? Is there any way the store could make an exchange or order a new one? even if it costs you a bit more it would be worth it just for the peace of mind. 

@@TinkerSofi

I just called the store and I'm going to go in and see what's up.  There's just such a big difference in fit from one size to another.  I can't wait to go home and check the size of my dress because maybe they made a mistake. 

I have an appointment and they are going to see if there was an error and what can be done.  It's all I can really think about right now.

• Like 1

Yeah, I would say my dress is one size smaller than my actual size and the top 3 inches just don't close, same with the hips are a little bit tight, but nothing that can't be fixed. That seems like a huge difference in terms of one size, to be unable to get it through the hips. Maybe they sent you the wrong size, that would kind of be good news because then they have to fix it. 

• Like 2

The back is a corset so they could add a panel...but honestly like, it doesn't even go up.  Like if I only had 3-5" of a gap I would say, cool, I can do this...but it's more like 7-8".  It's unreal.  I don't know, maybe I don't know how to put it on...

I remember trying dresses on at different boutiques and they managed to get some dresses on that I didn't think would go on.  So maybe I'm being to wimpy when trying it on.  I won't really know til I go in.

I told the lady that I felt so embarrassed and ashamed...and I didn't want to hear any "I told you so's.." because they did say the 14 would be more snug because it is stiff..but this is just like, wow.

@@TinkerSofi

@

@perianjay  I can totally relate to how you feel.  Although, I feel like a loser because a 16 to 14 should be doable.  Like, I don't even get it.   I feel like I set myself up for failure but I really didn't see it coming.

Edited by veryvalentine

@@veryvalentine The post-it note board idea is so amazing!  Such a great way to keep organized.

Hope you don't mind if I steal this idea :)

Don't worry about your dress!  You still have a bit of time, and the feedback from who you spoke to sounds positive.  I'm sure it will all work out and you'll look amazing!

Edited by deecol
  • Like 1

@perianjay  aww you are so sweet.  I have some tears right now.  aww.

Yesterday I had a dream about my wedding day and me walking down the isle in my pjs and explaining to everyone that my dress just didn't work out.  lol  I've been working really hard...I did have a set back with my burns.  I'm feel like such a disaster. 

I've been working out at lunch time every day and sticking to protein and no carbs.  I'm going to give it all I have.  I'm just seriously worried it won't be enough.

So question.  The lady that I spoke with was so nice and she assured me it would be ok.  I feel comfortable with her.  She said I could come in either tomorrow or next Thursday to try it on with her.  I initially made the appointment for next Thursday so that I could give myself another week to lose more weight.  Do you think I should just go in tomorrow and see what's up?  Instead of delaying?  I could always postpone the actual alterations.  My appointment isn't even until the end of this month anyway.  What do you think?

Thank you so much!  The support is unreal. :D

@deecol  Go for it!!  A lot of brides have used the idea to keep them organized.  I'm a visual person 100% so it's been what keeps me organized for sure! :)

• Like 1

don't feel bad. I also have my doubts sometimes about whether I should have bought that dress without it closing all the way to the top. I know for a fact I won't be able to lose enough weight to make it close, unless I want to go on a liquid diet and get a few ribs taken out haha. So at least you are still in more control than I am because you can lose some weight and maybe alterations can be done by then. The dresses are a lot smaller when new from what I heard so the problem might actually not be as bad as you think right now :)

I'd say go tomorrow and talk with her about an attack plan. I think it will put your mind at ease rather than having to worry about it for a week (that's really the worst). I find worrying and obsessing with the weight usually doesn't help the cause, so worrying about it for a week might actually be counterproductive. Keep going with the diet and the hard work, you'd be amazed how much you can lose and change in 3 months! :D

Edited by TinkerSofi
  • Like 4

Awww @@veryvalentine I really hope this works out, but please don't stress!  Weddings are stressful already and something can always be done about the dress.  Plus you do still have some time to get it figured out!  If I were you I would probably go in ASAP, I think just knowing what your options are might make you feel better?  I wouldn't have any alterations done just yet, but maybe just see what they say?

• Like 1

Thanks @moonpalacebride2be  for the advice.  I think you are right.  I don't necessarily have to go in for the alterations but just to find out if it actually was an error on their part so they can fix it or if that's the size and I need to figure out plan b.

Thanks! :)

Thanks ladies!  @ @TinkerSofi  I have my appointment tomorrow.   Fingers crossed.

I'm pretty close to considering a liquid diet.  lol  but ya, it's better to know what's going on.  tomorrow is it!  Thanks ladies.

:D

The lady at the store did say that I was by far not the first bride to have this issue and she assured me there is a lot they can do., they just need to see how it fits.  I hope I'm not the worst case scenario. 

Edited by veryvalentine
  • Like 3