Veryvalero's Wedding Planning Thread - Grand Sunset Princess

Hey @

I was able to look back on my Etsy history and I purchased the dress February 28 and I finally received shipping notice March 11 and it arrived March 27.     It felt like a long process to me.  I was not impressed that it took her that long to ship it.  I'm in a hurry to get them because I wanted to check out the colour and I ordered colour swatches just in case I didn't like the coral.  Thankfully I was able to order them together.

@@TinkerSofi

I just saw your post in another planning thread but I didn't want to take over someone else's thread so I thought we could chat about the seating arrangements here.

I have 7 bridesmais & 4 groomsmen plus bride and groom that would potentially be at the headtable.  that's 13 people and makes for a very long headtable.

I was thinking of having the bridal party sit with their partners and since it will be an intimate wedding anyway, we can just have the bride and groom at the head table.  That's the one idea I had.  We have about 40-50 people attending so I thought it would look odd to have 13 people at a head table. 

What do you think?

Good idea! ahah. I had been thinking of that question for a while and I have no filter sometimes so I take over people's threads lol. 

Originally I had put our bridal party in our table. There were only 7 of us and only one of those had a date, who happens to know the rest of the people in his table, so I didn't feel too bad. Now my Argentina MOH is bringing her boyfriend so I just feel bad leaving the poor guy surrounded by strangers (it's been done to me before and I did not have a good time). The rest of the bridal party (3, maybe 4 people) don't have dates but I don't want to have the bridal party up there except for two people, I'm all or nothing on this topic :P. So now I have us two in our sweetheart table and then friends and families tables. The bridal party is scattered in different tables, seating with their dates in tables where I felt that they would fit in better with everyone else.

We also have a small wedding, about the same amount of guests so I think in your case you're right, it would look strange when such a big portion of your guests are sitting with the bride and groom. We have 5 tables so far plus our sweetheart one. I might be able to rearrange things and have 4 tables because I have quite a few empty spots in a few tables, we'll see. 

The only thing I don't like about us sitting by ourselves is that it feels very lonely. I guess I should look at it in the sense of it being more intimate. It wasn't what I had envisioned but I guess I have to roll with the punches and it makes more sense to have the bridal party sitting with everyone else. 

• Like 2

https://www.theknot.com/content/rules-for-sweetheart-tables

@TinkerSofi  @perianjay   You ladies are seriously the best!

I think I just found the article! 

So helpful.  I found some cute inspiration pics for sweetheart tables.  I would feel bad not having my MOH, my sister by my side, but this means she can sit with my dad and my cousins coming all the way from Spain ...so it won't make those not at the head table feel out of place.  I have a few BMs that will have their partner with them and they don't really know anyone so this would probably be more comfortable.  I think anyway...thank goodness for this forum.

post-277519-0-43374800-1427829077_thumb.jpg

post-277519-0-68891200-1427829115_thumb.jpg

post-277519-0-24617400-1427829130_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My fiance and I are also doing a sweetheart table. Most of our bridal party have partners or children so we didn't want to separate them from their families.

It will be nice to have that time just the two of us and I figure it is only for the dinner portion anyway. Once the dancing starts we'll all be up from our tables and partying! :)

• Like 1

@@snswedding2016

So cool!  It's amazing how much you learn while planning a wedding.  I had never heard about a sweetheart table until today.

I hope that it doesn't make the bridal party feel less honoured.  I have read mixed reviews about them online.

I know that I ran an idea similar to this to one of my BMs and she was totally for the head table instead of just the FI and I.  at the time I didn't know it was called a sweetheart table.

How many guests do you have in attendance?

@@veryvalentine

We have 45 adults, 4 children and 4 infants...we have lots of little ones at our wedding!  ;)  I do like the look of a head table but I think it'll make it easier for those with children especially. I've also been to a couple of weddings where the "plus ones table" (all the partners of the bridal party) feel a little uncomfortable sitting with people they don't know. Although I feel like that would go away with a DW as people will have more time to get to know each other over the course of the vacation.

The other thing about a head table that I don't love is that usually it is one long table facing all of the guests and you can't really talk to everyone at the table because you a side by side instead of facing each other. You end up only talking to the people directly beside you anyway.

I think the ceremony where the bridal party is standing up with you will make them feel honoured and hopefully being able to sit with their partners and family will make them feel little more comfortable during dinner. We're not having too many speeches just the Maid of Honour and Best Man and maybe a speech from my fiance's parents (my mom is WAY too shy!).

• Like 1

I've been a bridesmaid at a wedding and then they sat us with the rest of the guests. I'm pretty drama free, but I didn't feel less honoured for that. On the contrary, I had fun because we sat with our friends :). The only thing was that the sweetheart table was kind of far away from the tables with guests so that's where I got the lonely feeling from. I don't know, I could be wrong :P. I want to have mine a bit closer to the rest of the tables and since there's not many of them I think it's doable. 

@ We're expecting around 40-47 guests and 4 kids. I have two MOH and my man of honour, my brother haha. Juan has one of his sisters on his side for sure and the other two people are not sure if they're coming or not (his other sister and his friend), so we might only have a bridal party of 4 people. 

@@veryvalentine those pictures are along the lines of what I had in mind for our table, I like the third picture in terms of the decor but I couldn't help but to think, how in the world do two people eat on that tiny table (half of which is overtaken by decor) hahah. I do love the chaise though :), too bad they're too expensive for us to rent one at our hotel. 

I also thought about having our siblings at our table, they don't have dates so it might be an option but then would the rest of the bridal party feel left out? I agree with you though in your case, if your cousins will be coming from Spain they probably want to spend some time with them :)

Decisions, decisions... 

• Like 1

I just had my wedding and had a sweetheart table which I really recommend. It was so cutely decorated and near the other tables. We didn't do a first look so I enjoyed the quiet moment with my new husband. Then between courses we got up and moved around talking to each table.?We had 4 other tables with 8-10 people which I thougt was perfect. That way our entire immediate family/bridal party could sit at one table. in my opinion I always felt bad for bridal parties that had to sit at one table and their dates at another

• Like 3

I just had my wedding and had a sweetheart table which I really recommend. It was so cutely decorated and near the other tables. We didn't do a first look so I enjoyed the quiet moment with my new husband. Then between courses we got up and moved around talking to each table.?We had 4 other tables with 8-10 people which I thougt was perfect. That way our entire immediate family/bridal party could sit at one table. in my opinion I always felt bad for bridal parties that had to sit at one table and their dates at another

thank you for the input! The more I think about it, maybe it's nice to have a moment to yourselves. The day goes by so fast and you're so focused on guests and things running smoothly that it's nice to have a moment to slow down and appreciate each other. I don't think we're going to do a first look either. 

I agree, while my wedding party didn't have dates it wasn't a big deal but now that some of them do, I feel bad separating them during dinner. 

• Like 2

Thank You @calgarybride2015

I found them on my lunch break! So helpful. $1.25 for 6. It worked out to be very economical too!

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender (1).jpg

Omg that so sweet. I had a crappy day and that made me smile so thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been worrying lately if I made enough rounds :( I know my husband did but the day is such a blur I can't remember if I talked to everyone. I know I thanked everyone with a hug at the ceremony but can't recall talking to each and everyone at the reception. I know it's a 2 way street as they know we are busy and being pulled but I've felt guilty lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2