RandL2015

Secrets Wild Orchid/ St. James 2015/2016 Brides

Getting married at Secrets Wild Orchid on Thanksgiving Day 2015. Just wondering, who else is getting married at these Beautiful resorts this and next year?

Hi! I'm getting married in September 2015 at Secrets Wild Orchid/St James (haven't picked the ceremony/reception location yet).I'm planning on having the ceremony on the beach and the reception in the larger gazebo area. Has anyone decided where they are having theirs?

I'm also thinking about using an outside vendor for makeup- does anyone know how this outside vendor fee works? I know its $300, but how will they know you have an outside vendor? Do you have to tell them in advance? Or can I add the vendor to my guestlist and pay for the day pass? I think that will be less than $300?

We are also planning on hiring the dj for the reception, but for the ceremony will they provide you with speakers? Will we be able to pick our own song to walk down the aisle?

Also, if you have over 20 people will they provide the extra chairs? Or will they charge you for the extra chairs or tables?

I have so many random questions on my mind, wonder if its too early to start emailing the coordinators? lol

Hi janc, I plan on having my ceremony on the beach and the reception at the casita area. You pose some good questions. I'm sure they will provide speakers. There is a sound system add on you can purchase. I'm not using any outside vendors, so I don't know answer, but when I email the wedding coordinator, they are responsive and email me back with answers to my questions.

Just wondering, if there are any Brides on the fourm getting married this Spring or Summer at SWO or SSJ resorts?

@@RandL2015 congrats on your wedding! I am getting married at Secrets Wild orchid as well. May 28, 2016.I just put my deposit down last week. I'm new to this site as well.how has your planning gone so far with the WC at Wild orchid? have the WC been helpful? I'm just starting the process so any pointers or things to watch out for?

@KG 1990 the WC has been helpful. Whenever I have a question, I email her and she emails me back in a couple of days. Now that I am approching my 6 months countdown, I'm sure we will be corresponding more frequently.

Congratulations on setting your date!! I hear the Secrets Wild Orchid is BEAUTIFUL!!

hey guys I'm getting married Nov 10th 2015 and I am starting to freak out.  LOL 

Edited by lyndaTRice
  • Like 1

Lol, don't freak out, I'm sure everything is going to turn out GREAT!!

hey guys I'm getting married Nov 10th 2015 and I am starting to freak out.  LOL

Don't freak out you have plenty of time. My wedding is in out and there is so much to do. But it will happen prior to the wedding... I hope lol

• Like 2

Getting ready to order my invitations. Wanting to do passport invitations. Question: is it wrong to order the passport invitations for the 25 -30 people who will be joining us and order a cheaper yet nice invitation to the other 60 guest who I know is not coming, but still want an invitation?

• Like 2