37 replies to this topic

#11 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:43 AM

@TinkerSofi I will follow your Azul foum. Im from the US so maybe that'swhy my Agent said that about the perks. Ive seen all resorts really do nickle and dime as much as they can.  I did however notice that  Azul their packages just show a reseervation being made for the reception dinner. Do they not have private areas ? Or are these addtional costs. Where you would have to pay for every chair and table and sound system etc. Pretty much create the entire party lets say on the beach but charged for every single item there. Or does this "reservation" indlude the beach party ?

If you're from the US that's perfect! you do get so many perks!! so their basic package, which is free for you, includes the basic set up for their ceremony and then a free semi-private dinner at one of their restaurants, among other smaller things. They do have private locations, really pretty ones too. For most of them you just pay the price of the food per person and that includes 4hrs of open bar, there's different menus at different prices. Then there's a few reception locations which are upgrades, so you have to pay a surcharge on top of the menu price per person. The private dinners have basic white linens so not much in terms of decor. If you want one of their signature packages for the reception it's $250 per table, or you can bring decor from home. 

Then for music you can rent our their amplifier, that's $250 for 4 hours, or you can hire their DJ and they have different prices for them. 

We're using the private dinner as a welcome dinner and paying for a private reception. 

event.png

#12 racht33

racht33
  • 234 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 27, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:47 AM

@TinkerSofi that is such a great idea!!! Using the Private dinner as a welcome dinner! Didnt know you could switch things up like that!! Thank you so much for replying to my million questions you have been so helpful!! :)

57 Guest

#13 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:59 AM

@TinkerSofi that is such a great idea!!! Using the Private dinner as a welcome dinner! Didnt know you could switch things up like that!! Thank you so much for replying to my million questions you have been so helpful!! :)

definitely go into their website and check their small print as they change it sometimes without notice. My advise is to also take a screen shot of all the small print when you book so that even if they change it you have proof of things the day you booked. I'm so paranoid, but sometimes you have to be. 

Apparently their complimentary package is not free either for US brides at Azul Fives anymore, so it's $950. but it is free at some of their other hotels. 

event.png

#14 IvanLuckiePhotography

IvanLuckiePhotography
  • Vendor
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:09 PM

Here you go!

• January to march (low season) it is cold (min15 night and Day max 27 CDegrees)  and rains a bit
    • April and May (busy season) are hot but not full humid )(35 CD), It rains very rare, just be careful during the 2 weeks of holy week It is busiest
    • June to November is Rainy and hurricane season, June until august is the hottest and most humid months and November is busy month
    • December is warm at day and a bit cold at night and it is busy season  (min15 night and Day max 27 CDegrees)

Hope this helps

Ivan

#15 racht33

racht33
    • 234 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 27, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
    • LocationUSA

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:12 PM

@IvanLuckiePhotography Thank you for this break down! When you say the hottest.. is it unbearbale hot in August. I.E. sand it to hot to walk barefoot. Sun burn in less than 10 minutes if not protected?  I want ot hold the ceremony on the beach. Is that a bad idea for August?

57 Guest

#16 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

@IvanLuckiePhotography Thank you for this break down! When you say the hottest.. is it unbearbale hot in August. I.E. sand it to hot to walk barefoot. Sun burn in less than 10 minutes if not protected?  I want ot hold the ceremony on the beach. Is that a bad idea for August?

I would definitely have it as the sun is going down 

event.png

#17 IvanLuckiePhotography

IvanLuckiePhotography
    • Vendor
    • 183 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:04 PM

Mainly the feeling in your body and air, sand white does not get hot, but concrete yes! and of course sun burns during any time of the year from 11am to 2pm will burn your skin in 30 minutes, you need to protect

I would definitely have it as the sun is going down 

The prefect time is 3-2 hours before sunset, the latest the better but you need to do portraits and the best light is 2-3 hours before sunset, at least for what I like to do

#18 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
      • 2,217 posts
      • LocationCanada

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:09 PM

Mainly the feeling in your body and air, sand white does not get hot, but concrete yes! and of course sun burns during any time of the year from 11am to 2pm will burn your skin in 30 minutes, you need to protect

The prefect time is 3-2 hours before sunset, the latest the better but you need to do portraits and the best light is 2-3 hours before sunset, at least for what I like to do

exactly, but definitely not at 2pm or 3pm :( 

We're having ours about two hours before sunset :)

event.png

#19 IvanLuckiePhotography

IvanLuckiePhotography
      • Vendor
      • 183 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:19 PM

@TinkerSofi great!

#20 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
        • 4,506 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
        • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:51 PM

exactly, but definitely not at 2pm or 3pm :(

We're having ours about two hours before sunset :)

Haha I had mine at 3pm. Damn it was hot and sunny but 330pm wouldn't have changed a thing and 400pm would have been to late as the sun set at 530!! Win some you lose some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users