909 replies to this topic

#571 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:55 PM

I'm so glad that you've finalized your numbers!!! Woohoo, hope that drama is long gone now. And your guest is lucky you're nice, I would have had a few choice words for him! Especially now that the final payment is done because even if he got angry and pulled out, well that's his loss....money wise lol.

I'm hoping you find your Air Transat unicorn!! We're also with Transat so it will make me feel better if I know of someone who's gotten this perk
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#572 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:24 PM

Wow! I'm absolutely stunned that someone would have the nerve to do something like that to you. I'm like Kim - I don't let things like that go. I would be livid! At least when our group just cancelled there wasn't anyone trying to stick us with a bill! I really hope Transat comes through for you somehow. That's just so awful. I wouldn't be able to look that person in the face without telling them what I think of them.

I'm so jealous of your dancing!! lol I remember when Doug and I first met I tried to get him to go out dancing with me and i got a one liner - Doug doesn't dance. And he's absolutely right. He doesn't. I would LOVE to salsa! I love to dance period. lol I love my husband more than my own life but boy, I really wish he was a dancer! lol It sounds like you've got a super guy and you absolutely have to post a little vid of your first dance!

Thanks for the update on the veil weights. I'm still thinking on a veil even though I bought one already. Not 100% sure I'm going to use it. I still don't have my dress finalized! lo But I'm going to look into the weights and see what I find!

The props are totally adorable!! Really great idea!! I know the guest will love it!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#573 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:59 AM

I'm late to the party here, but I just read your vows in Spanish and I totally got emotional.  I love the last one...ughh...so awesome. 

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#574 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:19 AM

I'm so glad that you've finalized your numbers!!! Woohoo, hope that drama is long gone now. And your guest is lucky you're nice, I would have had a few choice words for him! Especially now that the final payment is done because even if he got angry and pulled out, well that's his loss....money wise lol.

I'm hoping you find your Air Transat unicorn!! We're also with Transat so it will make me feel better if I know of someone who's gotten this perk

Yeah I would have put more of a fight if it wasn't noon and the deadline for the money to be in was at 5. I just wanted to get things solved but I think either Juan or I are going to say something to him along the lines of WTF buddy? Hahah

We really tried the day before to make It crystal clear that we could not pay if he switched and I thought that problem was solved but I guess not. I was just tired of fighting and rounding people up to either cancel or pay and putting out fires for the last week. It is what it is now I guess. I just got a call from my TA but couldn't answer because I was at work. I'm anxiously waiting to hear back, hopefully it's good news!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! I'm absolutely stunned that someone would have the nerve to do something like that to you. I'm like Kim - I don't let things like that go. I would be livid! At least when our group just cancelled there wasn't anyone trying to stick us with a bill! I really hope Transat comes through for you somehow. That's just so awful. I wouldn't be able to look that person in the face without telling them what I think of them.

I'm so jealous of your dancing!! lol I remember when Doug and I first met I tried to get him to go out dancing with me and i got a one liner - Doug doesn't dance. And he's absolutely right. He doesn't. I would LOVE to salsa! I love to dance period. lol I love my husband more than my own life but boy, I really wish he was a dancer! lol It sounds like you've got a super guy and you absolutely have to post a little vid of your first dance!

Thanks for the update on the veil weights. I'm still thinking on a veil even though I bought one already. Not 100% sure I'm going to use it. I still don't have my dress finalized! lo But I'm going to look into the weights and see what I find!

The props are totally adorable!! Really great idea!! I know the guest will love it!

Yeah. I think at some point I have to tell him because it's just festering all this anger inside. These guys basically live in la la land their whole lives so I really don't expect them to understand our position. Everything is just a huge improvisation act for them and that's what makes me angry because life doesn't work like that for most of us.

Yeah it's pretty awesome that he likes to dance. He doesn't love it, but he's willing to do it anyway. The only problem is that he gets embarrassed very easily and doesn't have enough confidence in his skills so we barely go out and social dance. I keep telling him that's how he gets better but I understand how it's a lot more intimidating for guys than for girls

About the veil weights. If it's really windy out I won't wear them. When the wind is moderate they hold down nicely but if it's out of control, the veil actually looks better blowing all over the place than having these weights sticking to one another. Mind you, I tried it on a day where I think if it's more windy than that we'd be getting married in a hurricane hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm late to the party here, but I just read your vows in Spanish and I totally got emotional.  I love the last one...ughh...so awesome. 

thank you! :) They do sound way better in spanish, don't they? :) 

event.png

#575 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:58 PM

We found the unicorn!! yay!! hahaha

We got a bit of money back from our trips. It wasn't much, only about $60 per room, but still something :D. I saw them $100 cheaper the other day but by the time everyone who needed to cancel did so, payments went through, etc. the prices went up again. Also, my TA tried to put the guarantee through when they were cheaper but because technically we had more rooms booked (many hadn't cancelled yet) we didn't get it. Oh well, something is still better than nothing, right? So that's one thing to keep in mind ladies, if a big percentage of your guests are thinking of cancelling they better do it sooner rather than later because it might affect whether your get any money back, and if so, how much :)

Our TA has been a dream through all of this. I can't imagine that it was easy for her keeping track of all the changes but she did it! :D 

Now crunch time begins! I don't know how much I'll get done this weekend, since i'm leaving for Vegas on monday with my girlfriends. Yay!! I'm excited for that and for relaxing by the pool :) 

event.png

#576 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:20 PM

Woohoo, unicorns to exist lol! I'm so glad you guys were able to take advantage if the one time price drop. $60 is still something and I'd be thrilled if we got that back.

Kudos to your TA, she sounds great!

Have fun in Vegas! Where are you staying?
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#577 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:03 PM

Woohoo, unicorns to exist lol! I'm so glad you guys were able to take advantage if the one time price drop. $60 is still something and I'd be thrilled if we got that back.

Kudos to your TA, she sounds great!

Have fun in Vegas! Where are you staying?

Yeah! She's really been on top of everything :)

this whole time I thought we'd be staying at planet hollywood, but apparently I was wrong hahal. Basically my friends put this trip together. We're going to the elara hilton I think it's called? I guess I'm going wherever these girls take me lol. I trust them :)

event.png

#578 racht33

racht33
  • 234 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 27, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:43 AM

@TinkerSofi so late in the game but WOW.. WTH!! I cant believe that the bill would be passed over to you. Ughh If i thought trying to get people to just put down 100 bucks to hold their room a YEAR and some months out.. I don't know how Im going to deal with them having to pay it all off or pass me the bill. Do you know if there would be any way for your TA to just cancel for them if they don't pay by the deadline? or do they need confirmation from them prior to canceling? Oh boy... Im glad you were able to get some money back to work around the drama of that one guest. and i totally feel your pain on not wanting him to be there. no sunglasses for him!! lol. Ugh so hard to be rude when we aren't like that. but he needs to know that most likely after his " vacation" and your wedding.. the friendship is tarnished.

Iv been warned time and time again how weddings bring out the true colors in people. Families fall apart and friendships are broken. and Ive been living in denial about it because its suppose to be one of the HAPPIEST DAYS OF OUR LIVES!! But i continue to see what people are stating. Ive even having issues with family in my wedding party. cousins i always dreamed of having by my side and now .. i rather have my friends from 2 years stand by me than have to deal with the ignorance of family. AHHHH

BUT on a happy note!! I LOVEEEE your photo booth props!!! Do you mind sharing the esty shop you got the templates from?? and crazy the things we store away huh??You had all these cool props without knowing it!! :) Im glad things are going well in your planning other than those guest hiccups. I cant wait to see your dance!!

57 Guest

#579 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:46 AM

@TinkerSofi Ahhh I'm so glad you got to take advantage of the price drop! I really hope I will be able to as well! Although we are going at peak season so the chances of having all those spaces still open are slim to none I would imagine. I'd be stoked to save $60/ticket! Congrats! Now you can just sit back, relax and enjoy our trip to Vegas!

Oh, also I went back through your planning thread and saw that your TA is LaurieLee. I really wanted to work with her actually but its strange, she never got back to me with quotes so I went with a different agent with TierOne. LaurieLee sounds like she's been on the ball for you though! Thats fantastic!

Edited by yycbride2016, 12 June 2015 - 05:48 AM.

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#580 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:41 AM

@TinkerSofi so late in the game but WOW.. WTH!! I cant believe that the bill would be passed over to you. Ughh If i thought trying to get people to just put down 100 bucks to hold their room a YEAR and some months out.. I don't know how Im going to deal with them having to pay it all off or pass me the bill. Do you know if there would be any way for your TA to just cancel for them if they don't pay by the deadline? or do they need confirmation from them prior to canceling? Oh boy... Im glad you were able to get some money back to work around the drama of that one guest. and i totally feel your pain on not wanting him to be there. no sunglasses for him!! lol. Ugh so hard to be rude when we aren't like that. but he needs to know that most likely after his " vacation" and your wedding.. the friendship is tarnished.

Iv been warned time and time again how weddings bring out the true colors in people. Families fall apart and friendships are broken. and Ive been living in denial about it because its suppose to be one of the HAPPIEST DAYS OF OUR LIVES!! But i continue to see what people are stating. Ive even having issues with family in my wedding party. cousins i always dreamed of having by my side and now .. i rather have my friends from 2 years stand by me than have to deal with the ignorance of family. AHHHH

BUT on a happy note!! I LOVEEEE your photo booth props!!! Do you mind sharing the esty shop you got the templates from?? and crazy the things we store away huh??You had all these cool props without knowing it!! :) Im glad things are going well in your planning other than those guest hiccups. I cant wait to see your dance!!

Yeah, i didn't know about the whole thing that if people didn't cancel we were stuck with their bill. Luckily my TA told us about it in time. I just contacted people and explained that if they weren't coming that was ok and we understood but we needed them to cancel ASAP because otherwise we had to pay for their trip and we didn't have that kind of money. Most people understood and it was fairly easy. Heck, if I didn't know about this clause, how would they, right? They probably assumed that if they didn't pay, their trips would be cancelled automatically. They were very nice about it and called or emailed my TA right away. Only the guy who left his brother alone in a room (and then causing this whole snowball of drama) didn't call to cancel, he just told us that he wasn't coming. At that point I just told my TA to cancel it because these guys were costing us enough money as it was and she just canceled it. I haven't heard any complaints from the guy, and I hope that he never dares. I'm fairly nice, but even my patience has a limit haha. 

You know, the whole wedding planning was pretty stress and drama free so I can't really complain. It's just that when it comes down to the money and who's going to pay what, people all of a sudden change. Not just during weddings, I've seen the same after someone dies. When it comes to money, people just go nuts and they become the worst version of themselves. It happens to all of us. And I think we all have that one guest "colgado de la palmera" or "hanging from the palm tree"  hahah aka. totally oblivious to everything an how their actions affect other people and the decisions that need to be made. Hopefully your drama will be light. At the end of the day, and as pissed off as I was, the drama that I've had is really nothing compared to what other ladies have had to deal with :)

I'm so pumped for this photo booth! I think the props are going to look awesome :). I bought the signs from this store: 

https://www.etsy.com.../FunnyFaceProps

I haven't checked my mail box this week, but maybe the ebay props have arrived!?

@TinkerSofi Ahhh I'm so glad you got to take advantage of the price drop! I really hope I will be able to as well! Although we are going at peak season so the chances of having all those spaces still open are slim to none I would imagine. I'd be stoked to save $60/ticket! Congrats! Now you can just sit back, relax and enjoy our trip to Vegas!

Oh, also I went back through your planning thread and saw that your TA is LaurieLee. I really wanted to work with her actually but its strange, she never got back to me with quotes so I went with a different agent with TierOne. LaurieLee sounds like she's been on the ball for you though! Thats fantastic!

Yeah! any money back was just great news and it actually helped us out a lot. 

That's is strange, I had heard from another bride a while back who had the same thing happen to het when she contacted LaurieLee, she never got back to her. Then another bride and I told her that it was strange because she's always so quick to answer! So she gave her a call and it turns out that her email had either gone to LaurieLee's spam folder for some reason, or something along those lines. I think she ended up getting pretty good quotes from her.

She's been great, she honestly took care of as many things as she could on her own, and only contacted me when she was confused about room changes or when people wanted to cancel leaving others with single occupancy, things like that. She asked and got us as many upgrades for our group as she could. She also managed to negotiate a few deals with Karisma for us. I honestly have no complaints! 

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users