• Please log in to reply
909 replies to this topic

#561 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:12 PM

@TinkerSofi I'm so glad your dance classes are going great! That's fantastic! It will be so beautiful on your wedding day!
Your photo booth props look fantastic! I bet people will have such a blast with that at the wedding!
I hope everything gets sorted out with your group and that everything goes smoothly from here on out! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#562 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:25 PM

@TinkerSofi you've done a great job with the photo booth props! Those are great costume props, I think I like the googly eye sunglasses best.

I think it's great that you and Juan are taking dance lessons. And I love that it's your new form of therapy. It definitely tests out patience, communication and coordination to work together, especially salsa dancing! Please PST a pic of your first dance, I'd love to see it all come together

And I'm really sorry to hear about the cancellations. Thanks for letting us know about being charged for those who don't cancel. I had no clue that could happen! We definitely don't have the budget for that! Good for you for putting your foot down about accommodating and solving everyone's problem. They're all adults and you have more than enough to deal with! Ugh, I'm frustrated for you.
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#563 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

@TinkerSofi you've done a great job with the photo booth props! Those are great costume props, I think I like the googly eye sunglasses best.

I think it's great that you and Juan are taking dance lessons. And I love that it's your new form of therapy. It definitely tests out patience, communication and coordination to work together, especially salsa dancing! Please PST a pic of your first dance, I'd love to see it all come together

And I'm really sorry to hear about the cancellations. Thanks for letting us know about being charged for those who don't cancel. I had no clue that could happen! We definitely don't have the budget for that! Good for you for putting your foot down about accommodating and solving everyone's problem. They're all adults and you have more than enough to deal with! Ugh, I'm frustrated for you.

thanks! I think the googly eyes will be a hit haha, I love them! 

I'll definitely post a little video of the dance. We're planning on doing it first thing when we walk into the reception, so we will still have our photographer and videographer :). Also, the other night, we went out, I had some wine and then we went practicing lol. Let's just say that I got dizzy a lot quicker, so I told Juan, that's the reason why I want to do it first thing, otherwise I won't enjoy myself knowing that we still have the dance to do haha. 

event.png

#564 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
  • 670 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:17 PM

@TinkerSofi Sounds like everything is moving along, except your guest issues! Ugh. I hope everything works out. As you say, they had a year to figure it out. There's not much you can do at this point. Thanks for the heads up on the possible cost commitment for us if a guest backs out but doesn't cancel. Yikes! I'll definitely look into that with my TA and make sure we cover that angle, should we have some guests in that situation!

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#565 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:35 AM

Yay for dance lessons!! That sounds really fun. I'd totally be the same way..I love dancing. It's definitely a form of therapy :)

Excited to hear about how your first dance goes!

Great photo props!! I love them all :)

Oh and the anxiety about the deadline..I totally have that too EEK! Mine isn't til' october, but i'm super nervous about it. 

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#566 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:56 AM

Deadline has passed, numbers are confirmed. We have 32 guests, 27 of them will be staying at our resort. All adults, no kids. 

Yesterday the drama reached its climax. The guy who was left alone in his room royally screwed us over, hours from the deadline. He arranged things so that he wouldn't have to pay extra, but we would; despite us being clear and explaining to him that we just could not afford for him to make those changes. Now I have to pay $600 more, money that was not in our budget whatsoever. I honestly hope he doesn't come because I 100% don't want him there anymore. I was just too nice to uninvite him yesterday despite the fact that he obviously didn't give a crap about us. I should tell him to go just go eat at the buffet the day of the wedding and join us only for the dancing  :angry:  hahaha, wouldn't that be something? but who am I kidding, I'd never be that rude to someone, even if they deserve it. 

We're waiting today to hear back from our TA today with the final word as to whether we get a price drop guarantee or not. Crossing fingers! For those that don't know how that works, at least with Transat, the tour company has to have the amount of free seats available on the plane, plus the hotel needs to have our amount of rooms free, in the category we booked. They basically need to cancel everyone's trip and re-book them at the cheaper price. It truly sounds like finding a unicorn, but I'm still hoping for the best haha. 

event.png

#567 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:03 PM

@TinkerSofi

OMG! I can't believe how rude some people can be, especially after you clearly told him you couldnt afford for him to make those changes. Seems very unfair. Just think soon all that drama will be over with and you'll be happily married and have forgotten all about the drama.

Let me know how the Price Drop Guarentee thing goes. We are also with Transat and I'm really hoping when the time comes we can get a cheaper trip for our guests. Good luck!

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#568 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:04 PM

Deadline has passed, numbers are confirmed. We have 32 guests, 27 of them will be staying at our resort. All adults, no kids.

Yesterday the drama reached its climax. The guy who was left alone in his room royally screwed us over, hours from the deadline. He arranged things so that he wouldn't have to pay extra, but we would; despite us being clear and explaining to him that we just could not afford for him to make those changes. Now I have to pay $600 more, money that was not in our budget whatsoever. I honestly hope he doesn't come because I 100% don't want him there anymore. I was just too nice to uninvite him yesterday despite the fact that he obviously didn't give a crap about us. I should tell him to go just go eat at the buffet the day of the wedding and join us only for the dancing :angry: hahaha, wouldn't that be something? but who am I kidding, I'd never be that rude to someone, even if they deserve it.

We're waiting today to hear back from our TA today with the final word as to whether we get a price drop guarantee or not. Crossing fingers! For those that don't know how that works, at least with Transat, the tour company has to have the amount of free seats available on the plane, plus the hotel needs to have our amount of rooms free, in the category we booked. They basically need to cancel everyone's trip and re-book them at the cheaper price. It truly sounds like finding a unicorn, but I'm still hoping for the best haha.

Omg that is terrible of him. Especially when he knew it would be at your expense. I still can't believe it should be your issue. I never heard that with AC. It baffles me that you should be responsible for someone else when they make their choice and give their credit card number. Personally I'd refuse to pay if you can!!!! But I don't let things go haha. I feel your frustration. Hopefully the price drop will help you pay that if you can't get out of it. Out of curiosity is this a relative or friend of Juan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#569 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:04 PM

@TinkerSofi wow! I can't believe that guy did that to you! I would be so furious! 

I am glad that you now have your final numbers and hopefully all the drama is behind you. Sending good vibes for the price drop!!!

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#570 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

@yycbride2016 @calgarybride2015 @snswedding2016 yeah, just unbelievable how some people are. The way it worked was that originally this guy's sister did not have anyone to room up with, so someone was going to have to pay single occupancy, so she roomed up with my MOH (for whom I'm using one of the free people so she can come). The free pass only works for double occupancy. When this guy's brother cancelled and he was left alone, he was all too quick to room up with his sister now, leaving someone else hanging. We specifically told him that we are sorry that things worked out that way, but it wasn't our fault and we couldn't pay the difference between the double and single occupancy for my MOH. Well, he didn't care and did what he wanted anyway.

Worst part is that, that a few people told us that they wanted to come but had no one to go with and the single occupancy became too much for them. Thus, had we known about this situation months ago, all this drama could have been avoided. 

@calgarybride2015 Yeah they're mostly his friends. I guess they're our friends now but they knew Juan first. 

I guess I'm glad that all this stuff is over. It was truly a nightmare. I can rest today haha. 

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users